Search results

1. clicstudio

POLL? How many are preordering the EOS R?

Just for fun and out of curiosity... I would like to know how many people plan to buy/upgrade to the new EOS R and what lenses are u considering... It looks like a winner to me. The price is totally right. I wish it had at least 40MP but it is a steal with the 24-105. The $3K price for the...
  2. clicstudio

Switched to Sony...

Well I took the bait and I am hooked on mirrorless. I got a Sony Alpha 7r III which I hated at first and was going to return in favor of my 1DX Mark II. Then I realized I liked both cameras and decided to keep both. After a few weeks of not even touching the Canon, not only I am keeping the...
  3. clicstudio

Just returned a Sony Alpha 7R III after a week

I have been using Canon since 2001. I Currently have a 1DX Mark II. I am a full time pro photographer doing fashion, glamour and now architectural photos. I wanted to try the Sony for a while after seeing all the great reviews. I only have one lens (24-70 2.8) and that's all I need. I don't do...
  4. clicstudio

1DX Mark II LCD screen

I can't seem to find the right brightness for the screen and the white balance is so off I don't even know what the image is going to look like until I see it on the computer... The old 1DX LCD white balance representation was off but this one is waaaaaay different. Skin tones look bluer and...
  5. clicstudio

Help! 1DX II Cfast issues!

Got my new 1DX II. First photoshoot, 300 photos and 17 videos. Everything is good until I import the photos to Apple Aperture. The photos come as unsupported format with a question mark. After it's done. I realize the files are not right and go back to check the card and ALL the photos and...
  6. clicstudio

Polarizing Filter to reduce light advice.

Hi I shoot outside a lot, and since my Einstein Flashes can't sync over 1/320, I usually take my Canon 600EX Flash with me. Unfortunately, even with the built in diffuser, the shadows are harsh. And with a Gary Fong Diffuser, which softens the shadows a lot, the flash loses output so it has to...
  7. clicstudio

1D X White Balance Bug NOW WITH SAMPLES...

I have a problem with white balance shifting on random images on my 1D X. White balance is set to Flash, Manual Exposure and Aperture and ISO. NOTHING AUTOMATIC except for AF. Out of 307 photos I took yesterday, about 8 or 9 have a "colder" white balance. Basically they look less "warm". I shoot...
  8. clicstudio

24-70 vs 24-70 II Outdoors Test! WHOOAAA!!!b

Since people asked... Here are some outdoors comparisons... First thing I must say is the new lens is exactly 10% brighter. For this comparison, I adjusted ONLY the brightness and made them both as close as I could. At first glance, they look almost the same. There are 3 crops. Center, Left and...
  9. clicstudio

24-70 vs 24-70 II

Just got my new 24-70 F2.8L II today! I ran some simple focus test for fun. I took a photo of my studio with available light. Handheld 1/160 F2.8 ISO 800. Single focus point on the red lamp in the center of the frame. The out of focus "things" on the image are an Ikea lamp in front of me. I did...
  10. clicstudio

1DX Focusing Issues... Please share your experiences...

I've been using the 1D X for a month and a half now... For 9 years, I used 1D series cameras. My last was 1D IV. I already put out about 15K photos on it. Yes, I work a lot... Anyway. I am actually worried about the focusing on the camera. I would say that in 20% of the photos, the camera fails...
  11. clicstudio

Imagenomic Noiseware 5/Portraiture 2.3

Just released... http://www.imagenomic.com/nw.aspx?f=features It works amazingly fast and with awesome results. It takes barely a second to preview the changes and they work in Real time on Photoshop CS6. I own 3 other noise reduction plug ins but this is by far the fastest and best. Noise...
  12. clicstudio

SX260 HS. Very Happy!

I love going to concerts. Sometimes I get good seats but when I don't I need a good zoom. Just bought the SX260. I took my nieces to the Miami zoo and I must say I was very impressed with the 20x optical zoom and quality of the 12MP photos. I used the camera in full Manual mode which is great...
  13. clicstudio

1D X AF modes independent of orientation.

The AF point selection modes are independent according to the orientation of th Camera. The modes are "remembered" by the camera as is the AF point selection. I like it. It gives me more flexibility... ;D
  14. clicstudio

1D X NOT compatible with Pocket Wizard!

Hey, as I found out a few Months back, there is still a problem with Pocket Wizards and the 5D III. I just got My 1D X and the problem with it is worse. Even at 1/125 there is a black bar on the frame. I downloaded the latest beta for my TT-1 and it still doesn't sync my Einstein flashes With...
  15. clicstudio

840 1DX Coming to B&H!!

I live in Miami, but Since I am in NYC I had to stop by B&H. I preordered the 1DX 3 months ago and still haven't gotten it. I asked the manager about my order and he showed me the computer and I saw for myself, 840 cameras on order and 680 on Back Order... That means more cameras than back...
  16. clicstudio

1D Mark IV for Sale... How much?

As soon as I get my 1D X, hopefully this week, I will sell my 2.5 year old 1D Mark IV. ebay's commissions have gone to the roof... 9% off the total value plus 3% for PayPal... Crazy... I will send it to Canon for a thorough cleaning and they can tell me how many actuations the camera has...
  17. clicstudio

Ergonomics... Why you pay more for a 1D...

My very first Canon was a 10D with a grip in 2002... But I've been using exclusively 1D's since 2003. And I couldn't go back to anything less... My friend has a 5D. I love the quality but found the camera to be too small without a grip. He just received the BG-11E grip. After playing with it for...
  18. clicstudio

5D III 12800/25600 ISO Samples

All JPEG's Office shots: Canon 5D III, Canon 24-70 F2.8L F4.0 1/160 25600 ISO (2 small computer monitors as the light source) The Ferrari:Canon 5D III, Canon 24-70 F2.8L F4.0 1/125 12800 ISO (Garage available light) Kodak Vintage Camera: Canon 5D III, Canon 24-70 F2.8L F8.0 1/125 25600 ISO...
  19. clicstudio

Pixel Size and Actual Photoshop Percentage Comparison Canons/Nikons/Nikon D800

Here is a little comparison based on Pixel Size and Actual Photoshop Percentage between 6 Cameras. Pixel size doesn't really say anything. 16MP vs 32MP is not really double the size. What matter is the actual percentage in Photoshop to make the image reach the next MP size. As you can see in the...
  20. clicstudio

24-70 too short for full frame?

I already preordered the new 24-70 II and I am really looking forward to replacing my existing 24-70. I am also waiting for the 1D X. I never owned a full frame camera (I have a 1D IV) so I am concerned about the lens being too "short"... I find myself having to move too close to the subject...