Search results

1. sleepnever

POLL? How many are preordering the EOS R?

Nope. No interest in it. I'm really hoping the 5DsR II rumor comes to fruition early next year. If that doesn't happen, I dunno what I'm doing.. =\
  2. sleepnever

What do you want in a 5DSR MkII?

I rented it and after 3 days of getting used to shooting at such high resolution (had to throw away a lot of what I can get away with on the 5D3), I fell in love. I don't think it needs a MP bump, just give me a better 50MP sensor that has better noise control at higher ISOs and of course the...
  3. sleepnever

Lots of New mirrorless and DSLR cameras in the pipeline

Man. I've been holding out on the rumor that we'd see a 5DsR II (whatever you want to officially name it) in early 2019. None of those specs are at 50MP+ resolutions, let alone 45 something. I was hoping they would have announced something at the camera shows this year. Nada. I guess worst case...
  4. sleepnever

Nikon Mirrorless: Photographers give their first impressions on the new mirrorless system

I'm cheering Nikon on, even as a Canon user, because competition is a great thing for many reasons. Sony has been kicking hard the last few years. Nikon has started to kick back (D850, etc), and we're all hoping that Canon joins the fight. I hope the next month is exciting across the board.
  5. sleepnever

400 5.6 + 70-300 vs. 100-400II?

+1 for the 100-400 II. I use the crap out of mine for a variety of things. Great IS, image quality, handling. I also waited for the Canon Black Friday sale 2 years ago and picked it up refurb for $1500 out the door. You can get some really nice shots at f/5.6 on the long end.
  6. sleepnever

New Canon Camera Bodies Appear for Certification - Updated

Re: New Canon Camera Bodies Appear for Certification "Same as the 5D MkIV" ...the only thing that was closely related to that was the 5DS/r models. So this piques my interest greatly. Gives me hope that the 5DSR II exists somewhere, even in test form. Maybe. =)
  7. sleepnever

Patent: Canon Continues Stacked BSI Sensor Development

Isn't the stacked BSI sensor technology what Nikon is using in their awesome D850? I'm hoping that the reason we're not seeing a 5DSR II this year is that they're trying to get their sh*t together on a BSI sensor to compete in this market of which they're behind.
  8. sleepnever

Samples of Canon 85mm f1.4 IS posted by DPreview

I'm with you. Lots of the portrait shots didn't seem very sharp either, to me. Interested in seeing your's and others' reviews.
  9. sleepnever

Adobe Updates Camera RAW and Lightroom CC

Fairly certain Adobe cut off future updates to standalone copies last year. Which is messed up if I am correct.
  10. sleepnever

Sigma 85mm f/1.4 DG Art Series Lens Samples

I got to hold this beast 2 weeks ago at a local photo Expo and talk to the SIGMA rep about it. When I say beast, I'm not kidding. This thing is huge, bigger than the 50mm by far and the front element is a sight to behold. It feels really well built, just like the other ART lenses and everything...
  11. sleepnever

Stock Notice: Sigma 12-24mm f/4 DG Art at B&H Photo

Re: Stock Notice: Sigma 12-24mm f/4 DG Art at B&H Photo I agree. I really wish SIGMA would start doing that to these higher end lenses. I'm not really sure what "Dust- and Splash-Proof Construction" means, especially because I don't see that on even SIGMA's website. People always reply and...
  12. sleepnever

Review - Canon EF 16-35mm f/2.8L III Lens by TDP

Hrmm. I've been holding on to my money for a while, watching this lens go from rumor to announcement to this point where reviews are starting. I also have an alert setup for the 16-35mm f/4L refurb and it has hit < $800 a few times already. I figured for sure, dropping the extra ~$1k on the...
  13. sleepnever

Canon Announces EF 16-35 f/2.8L III & EF 24-105 f/4L IS II

I'm actually a bit shocked now that everything is official, NDA's lifted, that there are now official reviews of the 16-35. Was really hoping to see those right out the gate like the media has done for the camera. ..waits longer...
  14. sleepnever

Canon Cuts Profit Forecast as Post-Brexit Yen Strength Bites

Guess they better rock it with the 5D4 then...
  15. sleepnever

Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Specification List [CR1]

I really hope 24MP is not the final number. I was totally hoping for 28MP.
  16. sleepnever

Canon EOS 80D in Stock at B&H Photo

Switch over to compare with a Sony A7R II, and the broken ground gets utterly destroyed by Sony. C'mon Canon!
  17. sleepnever

More Open Box Lens Deals from Adorama

Best deal and lowest price/biggest difference in price aren't the same.
  18. sleepnever

Canon EOS 5D Mark IV & 5DS Talk [CR2]

Re: Canon EOS 5D Mark IV & 5DS Talk [CR2] I love my 5D3 for a great all around camera. The ISO performance is really damn good (though shadow recovery w/ the banding could be improved). I'm hoping the 5D4 warrants an upgrade from my 3, but at less MP, that won't even be an option. Again...
  19. sleepnever

Review - Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS II

Good review. I agree with all of it, having used the original 100-400 Mk1 and then rented the Mk2 at least twice before purchasing it on Canon's big refurb sale this year for $1495! I mainly do landscapes and while I know the power of a prime, I needed versatility to go with my wide angle and...
  20. sleepnever

Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Talk [CR2]

Put me in one of those camps that doesn't care about 4K video. Sometimes, when its my son's birthday or he's doing something super cute (cooking with my wife), I'll bust out the 5D3 for some video. Otherwise, camera phone covers it. As for the Megapixels, I'd really like to see a bump. Nothing...