Search results

1. Ryan708

Image review button disable when off? (M200)

Hello, I recently purchased a M200 for my wife, and we both are very impressed with it, however there's one thing I was hoping I could change but have not found any setting to do so. When powered off, the image review "play" button turns the camera on. (and not just for image preview, you can...
  2. Ryan708

which canon camera offers double exposure?

My 6D does have the feature and my 60d does not. Not sure on the rest
  3. Ryan708

The beauty of CF cards.

Out of curiosity, Had you done a "Low Level" format to the SD card prior? My cameras only have the SD card option, but I am curious if I should upgrade to a newer SDXC card with 95+ Mb/Sec write speed...
  4. Ryan708

Landscape shooting - Used 5DMII or Used 6D or New 7DMII

I'm not sure where you live, but the refurbished stuff on the canon USA website is often a great deal, and the refurbished items I have purchased all appeared brand new. I am loving my 6D! I might pick up a fixed 14mm manual focus for my UWA lens, as I basically used my EF-S 10-18 as a 10mm...
  5. Ryan708

70-200f4is vs 70-300L

I had a Tamron 70-300 VC, and the colors are much more muted, the AF was slower, and the 70-200 f/4 IS has a faster and more accurate autofocus. The 70-200 f/4 is also so much sharper at 200, that a crop equal to a 300mm FOV, was better than the tamron @ 300mm. My camera bag must be tall, as it...
  6. Ryan708

Now that I have used the 6D more, I can say the AF is a bit better at tracking than my 60D in bright light, and is quite a bit better in darker situations, if only at the center point. The image quality is outstanding compared to the 60D, and I feel like lightroom is now Magical with what can be...
  7. Ryan708

I forget where it was I read this, but probably on the lensrentals.com blog, something to the effect of "If you want a sharper image, choose a larger format" I know I would choose the 6D, refurbished, considering they are less than the used ones and every refurb I have bought has been like new...
  8. Ryan708

Unique Canon Lenses?

EF-50mm f/1.0
  9. Ryan708

what lens to use

Yeah not sure anyone has ever reasonably argued that lens is not sharp. I have used the 2.8 mk ii as well and at f/4 on my 60d they are indistinguishable. I had the non IS version of the f/4L and it was 99% as sharp. Every review of the f/4L IS positive(with the exception of price)
  10. Ryan708

Canon EF-S 10-18mm f/4.5-5.6 IS STM

Thanks for the comment on my shot click, and I really like the wood shot lukas
  11. Ryan708

My avatar and others are missing. Also a lot of pictures and links haven't been working for the last couple days. I have tried on multiple devices and browsers. Curious when this will get fixed?
  12. Ryan708

Canon EF-S 10-18mm f/4.5-5.6 IS STM

This is a "fun" lens to own, and the price is well worth it
  13. Ryan708

Your best animal shots!

just a squirrel feeling brave enough to let my 70-200 f/4L IS have enough reach
  14. Ryan708

Anyone know how to achieve this look and color??

Looks almost like a film shot, on the cold side (Fuji film maybe?) With a low contrast lens, so something cheap. perhaps a holga? Haha
  15. Ryan708

Canon EF 70-200mm f/4L IS USM

I havn't been able to get out and use this much yet, but figured I would add to this thread a little! 1st) with 25mm extension tube, ISO 100, 4 sec, f/11 70mm 2nd) 200m, 1/320, iso 400, f/7.1, +.7 ev 3rd) 155mm, 1/100, iso 100, f/5, +.7ev
  16. Ryan708

Canon ef-s 17-55mm 2.8 is usm GONE

It is still there for me, but just sends you to the main page
  17. Ryan708

Show your Bird Portraits

Havn't been able to get out much since getting my 70-200, but a quick walk on the beach this last weekend (about 5 degrees F, or about -15c, with gusting winds of 30mph) I caught this guy in a tree, didnt let me get very close, but im pretty impressed with how well the heavy crop (<1mp) was...
  18. Ryan708

Let's see some great shots taken with old, cheap gear!

I'm sorry I did not specify, I hooked it up to my 60 and shot in manual mode. Only a cheap lens on an expensive body. The EXIF data says 50mm because the chip in the extension tube I used reports at 50mm
  19. Ryan708

Let's see some great shots taken with old, cheap gear!

The worst lens ever! haha -magnifying glass -pringles can -electrical and duct tape -25mm extension tube for a mount I dont know which looks worse.... fixed focal length (i would guess about 135mm) but the worst part is the fixed FOCUS distance haha. I've heard of zooming with your feet, but...
  20. Ryan708

What's your experience buying refurbished from Canon Direct USA?

Both my 60D and 70-200 are refurbs. Both looked BRAND new when I got them, except the generic box they come in. I cant remember about my 60D but my lens only took 2 days to ship out.