Search results

1. F

If you could have only one...

I have the option of picking up a high quality telephoto lens with some savings. Originally I was looking at a high end telescope for some astro photography work but have been leaning towards a telephoto instead. I've been pleasantly happy with my 70-200 f/2.8 IS II and other L glass for astro...
  2. F

Soft Boxes for Flashpoint 1000w Hot Light?

Hi, I'm a lighting newbie and have been searching around for some softboxes/diffusion for two flashpoint 1000 watt tungsten hot lights I have. The hot lights have worked well (for the price) for a product photography shoot I did with a custom light box I built. I would like to be able to use...
  3. F

430EX II + 600EX-RT possible combo?

So I am enjoying my new 5DMk3 and have been toying with the idea of purchasing a new flash for it, namely the 600EX-RT. I also have a 7D with 430EX II Speedlite. I have been venturing into some lighting setups and am a bit confused (I'm a newbie when it comes to sudio setups). I'm wondering...
  4. F

How do you test your new camera body?

There have been a flurry of posts since the Mk3's hit people's hands of either problems or soft images. Until reading these posts I would have never thought of checking a sensor for dead pixels by shooting images with the lens cap on. So I wanted to ask, in what ways do you test a new camera...
  5. F

5DMk3 Poll Deleted?

Not sure where it went or why it was deleted. Can someone shed some light?