Search results

1. tntwit

DxOMARK Shows The Progress Smartphone Cameras Have Made in the Last 5 Years

Phone cameras are great until something moves, particularly in "low light", which is pretty much anything indoors. The reviews post endless comparisons between phone cameras or DSLR and the latest phone cameras, but they conveniently leave out any real candid shots. Few are of people, and the...
  2. tntwit

Visiting USA, need some advice pls.

I think when you live nearby, you take it for granted and don't appreciate like those from out of town. We only seem to go when we have folks in from out of town, but that doesn't take away from it's splendor. When we do go, I always ask myself why we don't come here more often, and it's...
  3. tntwit

Visiting USA, need some advice pls.

I'm going to have to assume you are referring to New York City and NOT New York State. New York State is full of beautiful parks, nature and open land. I live in Western New York, roughly 400 miles from New York City, and virtually everything in between is scenic, open land, not at all a city...
  4. tntwit

Smartphones Already Won -- Laforet

Well, we might as well throw out all the DSLR cameras anyways. According to Phonearena, the Samsung Note 4 takes better pictures than a Canon DSLR. It's a big article on the website and a lot of people seem to be buying into it. Of course, the Canon has a 3rd party lens, none of the shots...
  5. tntwit

Review: Canon EF 24-105 f/3.5-5.6 IS STM

I haven't been following this lens, so this has probably been discussed already. It would seem that since this lens has STM, and since it is clearly not targeted at the pros, then it would seem that this lens foreshadows the coming of a 6D2 with Dual Pixel tech.
  6. tntwit

Fall colours

Colors are just starting to change here, but I'm inspired to look for opportunities in the coming weeks. In the mean time, here is one of my favorites from a while back. This was shot on a 35mm Canon T-70 around 1997. The photo is of the road coming up to my Aunt and Uncle's house in...
  7. tntwit

60D Owners - Overall, are you happy with your camera?

I traded in a T3i and bought a refurbished 60D a few months ago and have been happy so far. I wanted the 70D or the 6D, but as much as the 70D is nice I couldn't see paying $500 to $600 more for it. I don't think it's that much better and I'd rather put that toward glass. As for the 6D...
  8. tntwit

Adobe Lightroom Mobile Version Official

Which iPad and I assume iOS7? I heard some people were having issues with the connector kit and I don't recall if it was the iPad Air they were blaming or iOS7.
  9. tntwit

On topic, any opinions on whether it is better to use the iPod SD adaptor vs a WiFi card? The WiFi card would be one less step, but I think it would be rather slow by comparison, particularly with RAW (I'm assuming LR Mobile supports RAW). I would like to try a WiFi card but I hear a real mix...
  10. tntwit

I really don't know what the demographics are for each type of user, it was really just a guess based on observation. Our IT department has one guy who is very pro Windows - he has the Windows phone, a Surface Pro and a rather healthy dislike for Apple. We have another guy who loves Apple -...
  11. tntwit

Just so you know, I was rather careful not to call you a 'hater'. 8) This is one way in which Apple is not perfect. I think they would be better off focusing their time, money and energy on product innovation instead of lawsuits. Whether Samsung is right or wrong, when you're at the top...
  12. tntwit

Actually, I think most techies 'don't do Apple' since Android offers more customization. I think it is actually the non-techies that like Apple for it's simplicity. No company or product is perfect and Apple is no different. What I find entertaining is how many people love to hate Apple. If...
  13. tntwit

Ugly landscapes

Maybe this is closer to what the OP was looking for. Shot today in WNY/Buffalo area. Right now everything is rather drab in our area. The grass is yellow and the trees are bare. Everything is wet and muddy. I could not find one sign of spring in terms of foliage. To me, this is what makes...
  14. tntwit

Please share your snow/ Ice Photos with us in CR.

Taken March 30th, 2014 - 9 days into Spring in WNY / Buffalo Area! ::)
  15. tntwit

Portrait of your "Best friend"

Taken today - enjoying some spring weather!
  16. tntwit

The Bride chose my images instead of the photographer, how much should I charge?

It would seem the contracted pro should have collected the photos from the guest shooter and presented them to the bride as one package - blind to her who took what. Either way, the contracted photographer needs to be brought in. It was their established business that put the OP in the...
  17. tntwit

New DSLR and PowerShots in May [CR2]

Frankly, I think they need a new Rebel. The T4i was well received, but that was 2 years ago. The T5i was largely considered a rebadged T4i and was NOT well received because of it. To most, the T5i is a 2 year old design. Looking at what Nikon has to offer, at least on paper, their entry...
  18. tntwit

Please share your snow/ Ice Photos with us in CR.

Is that the water front? While it was a decent storm, it was a poor excuse for a blizzard, but as always, very nice photo. Always enjoy seeing your local photos.
  19. tntwit

What could I do better?

Yes, I'm aware, but ultimately I want to pair it (or the 70-300 L) to the 6D which should be a nice combination that would be roughly 2 stops ahead of what I have now at 200. And on the 60D (the 70-200) it'll still be 2/3 faster at 200 along with all the other benefits of the L.
  20. tntwit

What could I do better?

Wildlife is more of a secondary interest...kids, soccer games, indoor school events where low light is an issue (and why I eventually want FF) are more typical at this point. I have been targeting the 70-200 F4 IS as a purchase, but I was wondering about the 70-300L as it gets many positive...