Search results

1. fugu82

Ended: Spyder5 Color Calibration Tools on Sale at Amazon

Re: Deal: Spyder5 Color Calibration Tools on Sale at Amazon Thanx so much for posting this! My Spyder is old enough to vote, and just replaced it at this great price.
  2. fugu82

Any thing Shot with a 5ds/r

Chicago Theatre sign on State Street. Canon 5DS R, 16-35 f/4, 1/40 sec., ISO 1250.
  3. fugu82

Removing the 5D4's AA filter?

This is commonly done during infrared conversions. Any of the services that do this can replace the removed filters with an IR-blocking filter if you wish. Example: https://www.lifepixel.com/gear/anti-aliasing-low-pass-filter-removal
  4. fugu82

Cleaning lenses

I buy a bundle of terry-cloth type microfiber towels and cut them up into little squares. The textured surface does a better job of cleaning than those smooth "lens cleaning" microfibers. Once they are used and possibly contaminated I throw them out. Now, if I have a lens or filter that may be...
  5. fugu82

Hard drive advice

If your only OS is on the SSD you won't be allowed to format it [you can't format your boot drive]. So you will need an external OS that can boot your laptop, and then use it to format the SSD within the laptop.
  6. fugu82

Hard drive advice

My advice would be to use a USB3 external HD or large capacity thumb drive. Download and install the OS to the external, and make sure your laptop will boot from it. After you replace the internal HD you can boot from the external, format your SSD using Disk Utility, and reinstall the OS and apps.
  7. fugu82

Why do lenses need a battery in the camera to manually focus?

Thanks all for taking the time to clear this up for me. I didn't know diddly-squat about transmissive LCDs.
  8. fugu82

Why do lenses need a battery in the camera to manually focus?

Just throwing this out as a query to the many sages out there. Why do lenses need a battery in the camera to manually focus? Found this out when I was playing with a TS-E 24 on my [very new] 7D2, which had it's battery in the charger. I thought there was something wrong with the lens; found out...
  9. fugu82

Post photos of other photographers in action

Thank you, Click!
  10. fugu82

Thanx, Larsskv!
  11. fugu82

Wow, such great images! Mine has a group of photographers shooting Monument Valley. It's an 830nm infrared pano.
  12. fugu82

Prosumer Level Canon Mirrorless Camera to Have 4K [CR2]

Yeah, just talked myself out of a a7r II after reading about all the repair nightmares. Doesn't matter how innovative a camera is if it's piled up on a lab bench for a month waiting on a sensor clean....
  13. fugu82

FIXED: Bug in Adobe Creative Cloud Deletes Mac User Data Without Warning

Re: Bug in Adobe Creative Cloud Deletes Mac User Data Without Warning Bug was annoying, but easily fixed using Backblaze's online instructions. No data lost. Kinda ominous, tho; don't appreciate this level of intrusiveness.
  14. fugu82

G7X moisture inside lens

Do the spots actually affect image quality?
  15. fugu82

Clamp for Black Rapid

The Kirk 1" clamp works well for me, too. If you are concerned about the security of your camera, you can add an Op/Tech Uni Loop between the top of the BR swivel attachment and your camera. http://optechusa.com/uni-loop-1178.html
  16. fugu82

Scratched Sensor

LifePixel will repair a scratched sensor for a base price of $250. I have used them for infrared conversions, and can recommend their services. http://www.lifepixel.com/product-category/our-services/scratched-sensor-repair
  17. fugu82

Online Storage/Cloud - What's Good?

+1 on Backblaze. Great service. No issues with them, unlike Carbonite and Justcloud, which I would never recommend.
  18. fugu82

Post your Panoramics!

Quincy, Illinois 5DMIII, 24-70 f/4 @ 42mm, 30 sec, ISO 100, f/16, 9-shot pano
  19. fugu82

Hummingbird in infrared

Very cool image! Don't think I've ever seen anyone shoot hummingbirds in IR.
  20. fugu82

Black and White Infrared

Yeah, most modern cameras are too efficient at reflecting infrared light to be practical for use with just a IR filter on the lens, with exposure times in minutes, even in good light. Conversions remove the "hot mirror" completely, enabling hand-held use in most conditions.