Search results

1. Valvebounce

Setting up Celestial tracking.

Hi Folks. A question regarding calibrating polar scopes in general and if it makes a difference a Sky Watcher Star adventurer. I have checked my polar scope as explained in the manual, line up on a fixed target some distance away, rotate the finder 180° and see if the cross remains centred. I...
  2. Valvebounce

Strange auto ISO behaviour or not? Answered thank you.

Hi Folks. I was using my 40D today and found that in manual mode with the ISO set to auto it would go to 400 and sit there, adjusting the shutter or aperture would over or under expose the shot but the ISO would not budge. It was as if the camera had an external flash fitted as that seems to do...
  3. Valvebounce

Difficulty connecting 80D to EOS utility.

Hi Folks. I have been working through using EOS Utility to connect and control a camera with a friend, (we are trying this as he is loosing his sight slowly but surely from macular degeneration) his 6D connects no trouble, but his 80D doesn’t, we are using EOS Utility 2 as EOS Utility 3 seems to...
  4. Valvebounce

Renaming Bluetooth devices?

Hi Folks. Not exactly Canon, (but if it helps, swap tv for Canon 7DII ;)) but I know there are lots of clever people here with technical backgrounds. I’m hoping someone might know the answer to this question, is it possible in this age of voice driven assistants to rename a Bluetooth device to...
  5. Valvebounce

Negative copying, FD Bellows and kit. Need help from those familiar with this gear please.

Hi Folks. I am about to start copying a load of my negatives, I have the Canon FD copier setup but not the roll film stage, Will the roll film stage help with commercially developed (cut) strips of 4 frames, I have done a couple of tests and found that the strips want to tilt, the support...
  6. Valvebounce

DxO PL-4 upgrade?

Hi Folks. I see some of you are using DxO PL-4. Do you feel it is enough of an update to justify purchasing if you don’t need too, i.e. no new cameras? Do the new features, such as the image sync justify upgrading? Thanks in advance for your insights. Cheers, Graham.
  7. Valvebounce

Update reminder! Funny?

Hi Folks. So I received this from DxO a few days ago, in my native language. I guess I didn’t renew quickly enough, so they may have assumed I didn’t understand and sent me this! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: It’s only for fun, for a laugh, no need to drown the servers with comments, but a...
  8. Valvebounce

What is Haze?

Hi Folks. I'm looking at an older lens, the description says it has no fungus, but some haze, what is haze please? Cheers, Graham.
  9. Valvebounce

Camera body lens mount help please.

Hi Folks. I'm looking at doing a bit of equipment hackery, I am looking to remove the lens mount ring from an old EOS 1000Fn, (Or possibly a spares or repairs D body with chromed mount) I’m wondering does removing the four or five screws on the face of the ring set it free or do I have to...
  10. Valvebounce

Impressive flash!

Hi Folks. I have just been watching a film about the DH Mosquito, one of my favourite aircraft. One part of it was about doing night time flash photo reconnaissance using a flash of 700 million candle power, (May have been several hundred million, iffy sound right as they gave the power). Any...
  11. Valvebounce

*** Solved *** 600mm f/4 IS Lens case help please. Thank you.

Hi Folks. I opened my Lens Case 600 the other day and found one of the square pads loose in the bottom of the box, could anyone who owns one of these cases please take a couple of snaps showing the locations of the pads. I will be very grateful if someone could help me please. Cheers, Graham.
  12. Valvebounce

Stir crazy lockdown macro.

Hi Folks. Macro shots of stuff found in the house! No cropping. The full stack of extension tubes is 65mm! I’m afraid on some of the shots I have missed critical focus slightly, I had the camera set up looking down on to a window sill in the sun and as the session progressed the lubrication in...
  13. Valvebounce

Stir crazy lockdown moon shots.

Hi Folks. All taken last night, before the full moon in case tonight and tomorrow night are a bust (which it looks like tonight might be, cloud!) 7DII 600mm f/4L and 1.4xIII or 2xIII converters. Taken using live view focus on a tripod, I took one shot hand held and then got sensible about...
  14. Valvebounce

Annoying Advertising!

Hi Folks. Just wondering if everyone is suffering from an annoying pop up banner advert, full width, static and across the full width of the page? I don’t have ad blocker enabled for CR as I enjoy the site and understand the advert supported theory and I could scroll past the included in page...
  15. Valvebounce

Wrapping a lens.

Hi Folks. Nope, not wrapping as in parcel, vinyl wrapping like for a car? I have a 600 L IS and for this I have a camouflage neoprene lens cover, problem is it is thick and gets mangled by the lens cap (the big hood type) unless I take extreme measures, tucking it in whilst springing the cap...
  16. Valvebounce

The best reason to not use the cloud?

Hi Folks. Is this the best reason ever not to rely on “cloud” storage? From Canon:- IT'S TIME TO SAY FAREWELL TO IRISTA Sadly, we’ve decided to close down Irista. We would like to thank you for using it over the years; we hope that you’ve enjoyed the service. Your account will remain unaffected...
  17. Valvebounce

Critics corner?

Following a post on the bird thread I am prompted to suggest this. A copy of the other response is below. Hi Alan. Quote from Alan, “it’s always good to receive constructive criticism, and there is not enough of it here.” Quite a while ago I was thinking of suggesting a ‘critics corner,” I...
  18. Valvebounce

Missing member.

Hi Folks. I am prompted by drmikeinpdx posting about absence to ask if anyone has any news about our most polite and humble member, dear Mr Surapon who has been absent for quite a while now? Cheers, Graham.
  19. Valvebounce

More than you wanted to know about a couple of gimbals!

Hi Folks. Having just written this for a reply to a thread, I thought I would post it where others might find it and get something from it. Just to clarify, I am using rotation to denote the horizontal travel and swing to denote the vertical travel. I have 2 gimbals, A Benro GH2, (£350 ish)...
  20. Valvebounce

Would like some help getting VLC to work with 7D or a free alternative that does?

Hi Folks. Some of you have already been helping on another thread but as this is now a software question I have brought it here. I’m trying to join some *.mov files from my 7D, into a continuous file, I tried VLC which was recommended to me, is anyone using it for 7D files, anyone using...