Search results

1. H

MT24 EX second time one head died: time for new unit?

Since repairing is so expensive, i would give a try cutting the wire and soldering again. After all if it works you save a lot of money, if not you have nothing to loose. Diego
  2. H

MT24 EX second time one head died: time for new unit?

i have experienced a similar issue some years ago , maybe your problem is the same. Sometmes I had the left head lamp not firing, it was a strange behaviour, so i started trying moving the wire next to the lamp and found a position in witch the lamp fired allways.(i don't know if the English...
  3. H

first attempts at macro stacking, let's see some stuff. (beginners only please)

Here a couple of new shot just take, the portrait of the caterpillar about 10 pictures at f4, the entire caterpillars 46 pictures. Hand holding camera it is very difficult mantinig allignmet of the images thus giving strange result, so after a few try I decided to use a tripod.. Really nice way...
  4. H

first attempts at macro stacking, let's see some stuff. (beginners only please)

After reading this topic, I decided to give Focus Stacking a try, so I downloaded Helicon Focus. I have to admit that it is a very interesting tool, I will try again in future, and iwill try even other software, just out of curiosity. It require, for high magnification, a very sturdy tripod...
  5. H

POLL: The new 50mm will be...

Maybe the 50 2.5 macro... it is quite old, 1:2 without converter and very bad AF. But I think it will be one of the others... Diego
  6. H

WD My Passport Wireless - initial observations

I used it during my trip to Indonesia. I did not habve any problem with PC connection, but i had a first unit wich did not work properly (did not copy all the images to the drive), but the second was working good. It takes a long time to copy images. If copying many pictures (more then 10 gb)...
  7. H

Gear Advice foe and awesome Greece trip

If you have time, a visit to milos may be Worth a couple of days. It is one of the most beautifull ciclads islands, with its voulcanic origin and the beautifull colors of the rock. And if you are lucky enough you can meet the rare Milos viper (Macrovipera lebetina schweizeri) that inhabits Milos...
  8. H

Guess what?

In this case the problem is not caused from movement of the sobject, but it is more likely caused by a double exposure, the first caused by flash light and the second formed by ambient light. You can solve this problem closing diafragm. If you want to keep lens open and flash light you can chose...
  9. H

Guess what?

Usually flash is faster then any shutter speed, and it is flash light that freezes the movement. Diego
  10. H

50 F1.4 durabilty question

I drop my very old 100 macro (the first ef 100 macro the one all metal without USM). It dropped from about 1 mt but had non problems. Then i dropped 16-35 2.8, i was taking pictures on a stage, it was near my bag and someone kicket it and let it roll on the floor and droped on the wodden floor a...
  11. H

Studio shoot, 5D MarkII or MarkIII

I would actually think about 6D, it's wi-fi function may be quite usefull in studio work. Diego
  12. H

Studio shoot, 5D MarkII or MarkIII

I would go for the mkII and buy together a specific lens, like ts-e 90 or a 100 macro . If you don't need the lens, i would the same go with the MKII unless you need to use the camera for other application. The AF is not going to be important, i would use live view, all the same i would use the...
  13. H

Tried Canon 200-400f/4L IS today & asked the price, told it didn't exist :-)

I had chance to play with it last bout one year ago at Roma photo show. They did not allow me to take any picture, but it was indeed lighter than i thought. It had quite fast AF but cannot say anything about IQ or price. It won't be for me, i'd prefer 4002.8 or 600 f4. Diego
  14. H

Curious Distraction: Explain your username, avatar picture, etc...

I have a deep interest in nature, and i really like butterflies (spider and snake as well), so Hyles it is a genus of moths belonging to the Sphingidae's family. First time I was looking for a name it was available, so i kept using it. Attached an adult Hyles livornica while feeding, and a young...
  15. H

Your thoughts on M-RAW vs RAW in 1DX vs 5D3

I do often use mraw on my 60D when shooting wedding. Mainly to save space and time when i back up. Before using this smaller raw file I took a sample picture with sraw+ Ljpg and printed 30x45 cm the L JPG and the smaller jpeg i got from the raw and did not notice any difference. The I started...
  16. H

New crop bodies coming!

So, do you think I should keep my 60D and wait, or i'm better jump to nikon? If I'm better jumping, should I do it right now or am I better waiting for the 4900D to be out? Diego
  17. H

Free and Inexpensive Video Editors

AVS VideoEditor is quite good... and give you access to a lot of usefull othere prgrammes. DIEGO
  18. H

Canon's MAP Pricing Goes Into Full Effect Today

I think MAP may even be to save other market. In Italy the difference between official price and the price you could find buying intenet (off course not Italian warranty and so on) is very step, so that it may have led to low sales of canon imported products. I have seen shop selling less canon...
  19. H

EF-M 55mm f/1.3 Coming in 2013? [CR1]

You are right if yuo think about Dept of field, but in term of shutter speed the aperture it is still faster (must admit that with crop you have to use faster speed to avoid shake). Diego
  20. H

60D or t4i for video?

I would go for the 60D, i don't think there will be a gret difference in image quality, but 60D has the ability to use ISO in 1/3 step and has a longer battery life. It could be a good choice the eos 600D if you are interested in the full HD crop mode (3X and 10X) this function is present in the...