Search results

1. PKinDenmark

The next Canon EOS R5 firmware update is coming soon

I agree to many of the suggestions given before. My two biggest wishes are: 1. Functionality like Olympus's Pro Capture. (Example: Some birds sit perched for a long time, and then suddenly takes off - I need help to catch that) 2. Some options for electronic shutter: - range of fps-settings...
  2. PKinDenmark

Next step in tele - difficult decision - especially now in between EF and RF.

Dear all After about one month of usage my experience is a confirmation of first impressions just above. And I can add, that the RF 1.4 TC works very well with the combo. The rather slow optics is quite well covered for by great IS and good high ISO performance. To prove my point - and referring...
  3. PKinDenmark

Will there be any announcements from Canon ahead of CP+ this month?

Not suffering badly from GAS just now (happy with R5, RF24-105 f4 and RF 100-500mm). However a firmware upgrade offering 'Pro Capture' (an Olympus-term) would be a great feature. Most curious about plans for RF-native 'big whites' - primes (and perhaps also faster zooms - faster than 100-500...
  4. PKinDenmark

Show your Bird Portraits

ISO64. Great woodpeckers - We do not have the hairy variety in my woods. And thank you for your thoughts about shooting through window-glass - makes sense. I got a few new shots today, that I made me glad. Never had a kingfisher at such short distance before. Both with R5, RF 100-500 with...
  5. PKinDenmark

Show your Bird Portraits

First time for me here in Bird Portraits (for years). Now time to show some R5 shots. Have these two to share: 1. Kingfisher - approx. 20m distance. R5 w. RF100-500mm + 1.4x TC. @ 700mm, 1/1250s, f/10, ISO 3200. I Like the bird's choice of perch in same colours. 2. Hawfinch in my backyard...
  6. PKinDenmark

The next Canon EOS R5 firmware update is coming next month [CR2]

I am looking for a Canon implementation of something like Olympus's Pro Capture. Would help a lot in several cases - e.g. helping to nail the Kingfisher taking off from the branch and diving. (By now I owned the R5 for 29 days - could not be more happy)
  7. PKinDenmark

Dear all. Thank you again for your comments and input. Much appreciated. I took the plunge into R-land. Since mid December I am the happy owner of R5 and RF 100-500mm. The camera just blows me away - so fast, responsive, good in low light, and both AF and IBIS works magic. The tele-zoom is...
  8. PKinDenmark

Thank you FF for your experience with R5 and 400 DO II. Good to hear. And thank you JD for elaborating - yes, would be great to know comparison between EF 400 DO II and RF 100-500 mm - both with or without TCs. Two different tools certainly, but still would be great to hear which one FrenchFry...
  9. PKinDenmark

Thanks to you both, MtSP and JD. Exiting times indeed. regards PK
  10. PKinDenmark

Thank you all above for your advice. You shift me towards an early adoptation of the R5/6. All three of you seem to point to - which was my underlying concern - a solution based solely on R-system being preferable compared to mixing EF and R-system. Especially when the timing is as it is. (I...
  11. PKinDenmark

Need some experienced input to my decision-making regarding my plan to upgrade my tele-lens. Currently I am on a Canon 6D Mk II and a Tamron 150-600mm 1.G. Mostly used for wildlife - e.g. birds of prey in flight and Kingfishers. I am looking for faster, sharper, better focusing - I often find...
  12. PKinDenmark

Dragonflies and Damselflies

Very interesting new thread, Alan. And several great shots above to get it started. I can add a few shots of (in Danish) Blåbåndet Pragtvandnymfe - in Latin Calopteryx splendens from June 2016. All made with Canon 6D and Tamron 150-600 (Mk I). A comment on technique: On the following three...
  13. PKinDenmark

Show your Bird Portraits

Still much good work to follow here. And finally! I got some decent shots of 'my' goshawk after chasing this at several locations for almost two years. They are shy when around the nest, and by now also well hidden in the foliage. All three pictures are handheld using Canon 6D, Tamron...
  14. PKinDenmark

Show your Bird Portraits

Thank you - CLick - Jack, and thank you for suggestions to improve shooting through window - ISV, yes the first ('halemejse') is really cute Regarding the hawfinch: For sure it likes sunflower-seeds (see picture in my post above). Well done to get these good shots in the tree, Alan.
  15. PKinDenmark

Show your Bird Portraits

... and a few more
  16. PKinDenmark

Show your Bird Portraits

So much stuff to enjoy here. I have a number of different birds in my garden these mild winter-days in Denmark. So let me add a selection of these. All shots made from a comfortable position inside my house through window-glass using Canon 6D, Tamron 150-600 @600mm. Some of the pictures (the...
  17. PKinDenmark

Advice for shooting small kids in front of a Christmas tree

Let me enter here with a picture and my view on the situation and the settings. I was at a kindergarten's Christmas party to photograph and catch the good mood. Moving around fly-on-the-wall-like as much as possible. Hence handheld, no flash, no instructions. I found this little guy fully...
  18. PKinDenmark

Show your Bird Portraits

Time to add a few birds here. Jack, I like your winterly robin-shots with added flashlight. I have been around the same approach. I feed small birds in my backyard and can in many cases photograph them from my windows. In wintertime the birds are in shadow, while the background is generally...
  19. PKinDenmark

BIRD IN FLIGHT ONLY -- share your BIF photos here

Alan, Click, Mike, Jack - thank you for your comments on my kestrels. All were shot with Canon 6D (MkI), Tamron 150-600 (MkI). @ 600mm, ISO 800, 1/1600s, f/6.3-8 More about the location: Stevns Klint is a white chalk cliff rising up to 40 m from sea level. Se more at...
  20. PKinDenmark

BIRD IN FLIGHT ONLY -- share your BIF photos here

Great shots keep coming here. I enjoy watching. Thank you. Today I got a load of kestrel-shots, that I dare share here. Location: Stevns Klint. SE part of Denmark. Edit: I just added a fifth, where a lizard is devoured in air.