Search results

1. rpt

Green cast in photos taken on a Canan R5 at high ISO

OK, I will look at the base CR3 without lens correction for any difference in noise when I disable lens correction in my LR import. I have set that as default... Thanks.
  2. rpt

Maybe which is why Pentax K-3 Mark III Monochrome is only B&W! no color noise or color cast! Ha! HA! HA!
  3. rpt

I tried that - it did not reduce much. Had to convert to B&W...
  4. rpt

Shooting at 51.2K ISO happened as I was photographing in the Ellora Caves. You are not allowed any artificial light. You are not allowed to carry a tripod! :( So I set shooting to manual with Auto ISO (and set the max ISO to 51.2K) and shot the pictures. My earlier cameras were 5D3 and 7D2 and...
  5. rpt

Yes, they are raw files. I could not get rid of the green cast in either PS or LR. The only way was to make it a B@W image :( However, I will try DPP$ as suggested by @koenkooi.
  6. rpt

I will do that and get back to you all.
  7. rpt

Thanks all for your responses. Sorry, I was MIA due to a heavy workload at work. Bad excuse I know, but I had to review and select candidates from about 500+ CVs we received. I shall respond to each of you now.
  8. rpt

This is the JPEG of the RAW file with no processing. I simply imported the photos in Lightroom and exported it. The RAW also looks the same.
  9. rpt

Do we not have an Astro photography forum?

Shoot! Jrista left :(
  10. rpt

I found some in landscapes, so I posted my Milky Way shot there. I'm not happy with the green cast in my image. Looking for help to get rid of that (other than converting it to B&W).
  11. rpt

Milky Way

So this is an edited version of the Milky Way shot I took just after midnight on the 14th of May 2023 during a stargazing camp. I merged 64 shots in Sequator and then edited in Lightroom and Photoshop. I also used Graxpert to get rid of the light pollution gradient. I am unhappy about the green...
  12. rpt

I could have sworn that we had a forum where people would post Astro photos. I don't seem to be able to find one. Can someone tell me where they are posted? Thanks in advance.
  13. rpt

Hi, I have noticed that when shooting at high ISO, 51.2K or 32K, there is a green cast that shows up on the image and other colors don't show up as much. I find it hard to reduce it. I would appreciate any suggestions on how to reduce the amount of green in the photo. So far, I have simply made...
  14. rpt

Goodbye R5

Oh gosh! Heartbreaking. As for the bodies, I guess you will have to go down to the camera stores and handle them to figure it out. Best of luck. All of us are being pulled in that same direction by the Great Time Attracter and will be in the same situation in time.
  15. rpt

Are 400mp stills coming to the Canon EOS R5?

Maybe a video light would help?
  16. rpt

Has anyone tried the IBIS High resolution shot feature in the firmware version 1.8.1 for the R5?

An update: So, this morning I took the same picture of the plant I shot yesterday, and I got the same results as yesterday. Please see my post above. I noticed that the leaves were shaking slightly. So, I decided to try it out on my grandmother's steel cupboard as it would not move at all. I...
  17. rpt

Has anyone tried the IBIS High resolution shot feature in the firmware version 1.8.1 for the R5?

So, I downloaded the latest firmware for the R5 and installed it. I took a few test shots for this feature and found that if the subject moves, then it does not work. I was shooting plants in my garden and there was a slight breeze. So, I waited for the breeze to die down and took the shot...
  18. rpt

What Power bank do you use if you want to do long shoots so you do not need to swap batteries outside the studio

Hi, I have been away for a long time and eventually got myself a R5 in 2020 - just before the pandemic struck India. Now that winter is setting and hopefully the skies will be clear, I will join a group interested in astrophotography. As you know, these sites have no power, so the option is...