Search results

1. B

Canon responds: The New & Revolutionary Canon EOS 75D !!

As long as the 75d has a "direct print" button, I'm sure people will buy it ;-)
  2. B

Canon EOS 70D Announced

This is some very exciting stuff...if the autofocus is as good as some of the videos on the net in all situations this could make mainstream use of DSLRs for video a reality. I'm very interested to see what the Magic Lantern guys will be able to come up with now that every pixel is a...
  3. B

Anyone Want an Improved 16-35mm over the much requested 14-24mm?

+1 for the updated 16-35. Give me something close to the 35 1.4 color, contrast, sharpness and distortion at the narrow end. Let the distortion go at 16mm since everything normally looks distorted because of the perspective anyway. I've started using the 16-35 regularly at weddings for...
  4. B

Please share your most vivid photographs of underwater creatures

Orange Cup Coral at Night Closeup by Raraigh Photography, on Flickr Frog Fish by Raraigh Photography, on Flickr Close up of Christmas Tree Worms by Raraigh Photography, on Flickr IMG_1940_edit by Raraigh Photography IMG_1701 by Raraigh Photography, on Flickr IMG_1562 by Raraigh...
  5. B

New York - New York

IMG_3118 by Raraigh Photography, on Flickr IMG_3146 by Raraigh Photography, on Flickr IMG_3475_6_4_HDR by Raraigh Photography, on Flickr IMG_3578_79_80 by Raraigh Photography, on Flickr
  6. B

Your best street shots of any kind.

A few from my trip to Italy last year: Italy-0027-2 by Raraigh Photography, on Flickr Italy-0033 by Raraigh Photography, on Flickr Italy-0220 by Raraigh Photography, on Flickr Italy-0562 by Raraigh Photography, on Flickr
  7. B

Pretty bad...

Ok, I agree that the posted photos are bad but we have no idea what the rest of the photos look like from the event. At a minimum this photographer is guilty of not properly culling and post processing his/her photos. For instance, the pic with the umbrella has a very good expression on the...
  8. B

50mm: Wich one?

I have shot with Canon 50mm 1.4, Sigma 50mm 1.4 and the Canon 50mm 1.2 and can say that the latter two are in a different league. I was disappointed with the canon 1.4 from many perspectives. If you have the money, the best solution is the Canon 1.2...it just has some extra contrast and...
  9. B

The tax monster is coming soon. What are you planning on doing with your refund?

I would say that sucks, but if you are loosing $1200 a month to a 2% tax increase I don't feel sorry for you.
  10. B

For those using Lightroom... what are your settings

I don't use a brush although you could. It would take way too long when editing a large batch of photos. I use the HSL panel and click the little dot to the left of to panel title...either Saturation or Luminescence. If you hover over it you get "Adjust Saturation/Luminescence/Hue by dragging...
  11. B

Quasimodo and Digital Paradise - I apologize for not getting back more quickly to your questions, here is an example of the technique... http://www.flickr.com/photos/braraigh/8323601145/#in/set-72157632377172935 Beware that these settings work best in consistent lighting situations like cloudy...
  12. B

I find that the "camera calibration" settings for my 5diii are best on neutral when shooting scenes with skin tones in them. You will have to add some contrast back into the scene after changing this but it's worth it. I find that scenes with skin tones are the most difficult to adjust. Here...
  13. B

Advice on inexpensive underwater system

If you are interested in nothing but snorkeling, I have had good luck with my Sony TX20 without a housing at all. Just make sure that you clean and oil the orings before you go and NEVER take the camera to the beach as a grain of sand will kill it. Unfortunately, this is true with any...
  14. B

Advice on inexpensive underwater system

I have done quite a bit of underwater photography over the years. Unfortunately not much during the last few due to other expenses in life. My family started underwater photography in the film days and have gone through many iterations.... Point and shoot (film) Dedicated Underwater film P&S...
  15. B

Can we all send a complaint to Canon to fix the AF-Assist focusing on the 5D3?

I too have seen this issue but get around it 99% of the time by using servo focus. With moving subjects at wedding receptions, this is often the better approach anyway. You certainly have to move the autofocus point around and can't recompose once locked. This seems to work better with my...
  16. B

Canon's Minimum Advertising Price to go into effect Nov 1

Canon is NOT making any more money from this move as they aren't changing their wholesale prices. This is a move to protect small businesses and brick and mortar stores. The internet stores can afford to cut margins on Canon gear much more than your local retailer because of their lower...
  17. B

Video card advice, please!

BruinBear - You are spot on with your comment, just about any video card with a DVI/HDMI output is going to be good enough for straight photo editing. You are MUCH better off spending extra money on RAM and an SSD for photo editing to speed up how fast your photos load and how fast edits can be...
  18. B

How do you sell your gear?

I have used Amazon marketplace many time for selling gear. Just like ebay, you will lose a few percent for Amazon's cut but I've sold several lenses for very near new prices.
  19. B

Is there a good looking camera bag anywhere in the world??

Kelly Moore bags are very nice. Considering they really do look and can function like a normal leather hand or messenger bag, the prices are lower than what you would pay for designer bags. Some friends of mine have the "Thirst Relief Bag" and love it. Benefits a good cause too ;-)...
  20. B

Batteries for Canon EX 600 RT...

I use the Eneloops exclusively now. I have a mix of the new and old Eneloops (white vs blue) and find them much easier to work with because they do hold their charge well. As long as they haven't been sitting around for months I don't worry about charging the night before an event. My...