Search results

1. privatebydesign

Pro-1000 vs waiting for predecessor?

Whilst I’m sure a ‘new’ model will have bells and whistles the owners of the current one might envy the truth is the printer market and technology has matured to the point that actually telling the dofference in print quality and output is impossible. Which leaves the question down to other...
  2. privatebydesign

Canon will release a trio of RF mount wide angle L prime lenses in the first half of 2023

No, and no. Having said that I have has an EF 50 f1.4 rolling around in my bags for over 20 years and it has outlasted half a dozen L series lenses.
  3. privatebydesign

PRO-4000 printer is putting out bizarre color aberrations

Well I’d check your gamut warnings and your rendering intents. Also if you post the image as you are sending it to the printer. But one idiot proof way of working around all color issues at the expense of finesse is to convert to jpeg and sRGB and let the printer do the color management.
  4. privatebydesign

The state of home printers in 2022

I use Mac and have used everything from Sierra to the current Monterey 15.5.1. I mainly print via Photoshop, 90%, with the other 10% via Lightroom, I have the CC membership and have had since it came out though it worked fine with the stand alone versions before CC. I have had a couple of...
  5. privatebydesign

The state of home printers in 2022

I own and use a Canon imagePROGRAF PRO-2000, a bit bigger than most would want or need but after owning and using the Epson Stylus Pro4900 and then the Pro7900 I'd never buy another Epson and couldn't be happier with the Canon. I liked the 4900 paper feed the best as it had a large sheet tray...
  6. privatebydesign

camera advice

Over 3200 ISO there is zero visible difference to any Canon FF sensor made in the last ten years. When normalized there is no practical difference between a 6D and an R5 or R6, or even an R3. Certainly more optimized software and post processing will have a bigger impact on your output. There...
  7. privatebydesign

Stock Notice: Canon EOS R3 at Adorama

They will work. However the Canon AD-E1 Adapter isa designed to adapt the new design to the old one completely iso any legacy hotshot mount gear. fits 100% and if it has weather sealing retains that functionality...
  8. privatebydesign

Africa film ready for client presentation

This is bullish!t, anybody that works in media, and video especially, knows full well the edit is close to irrelevant. The footage can be re-edited to anything they want and they know that which is why they are asking for the RAW footage. The feedback is also complete bullish!t. Sanj needs to...
  9. privatebydesign

15, 20, 30...195 fps OMG! We need HELP in culling/editing "squirts".

Actually Lightroom has had that functionality for many years, it’s called ‘Stacks’. You can even tune it to do the stacking automatically via time. https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/help/grouping-photos-stacks.html
  10. privatebydesign

@CR Team: Why adding ads to an ad free account?

Take a look at the cookies and cross site browser tracking it does.....
  11. privatebydesign

@CR Team: Why adding ads to an ad free account?

Craig was a con artist plain and simple. He’s gone, with all our $100’s, and doesn’t care. That might sound harsh but remember, the ‘gifts’ never came and he reopened the ’Pro’ membership for one limited time, even though when he first did it he said he’d never do it again, and anybody that...
  12. privatebydesign

Canon Angle Finder c for R5 and other R series camera's

Why on earth aren't you using a CamRanger? This tool is simply an essential for staging architectural and high end real estate photography as you can see the shot in real time as you stage things like cushions, glasses, books etc etc. I don't know of a single serious interior photographer who...
  13. privatebydesign

Great Joy EF Mount 1.8 Anamorphic Lens: For Stills, how to do a RAW workflow with de-squeeze of anamorphic image?

In Photoshop open as a smart object, then stretch, then when you save the file as a PSD/PSB or TIFF or DNG the RAW file is still raw inside. It is referenced rather than actually altered, that is the changes to the raw file are referenced from a sidecar file rather than the raw file actually...
  14. privatebydesign

Has anyone found a strobe that will keep up with high speed continuous shooting?

I think you are missing a fundamental aspect of strobes. They will all hold enough power for a single full power output, which is the same as two half power flashes, four quarter power flashes etc. So it is no coincidence you are getting 8 flashes at 1/8th power! It has nothing to do with...
  15. privatebydesign

(Re)Setting AF Point 1DX Mark II

What do you mean "Now all of the points light up." To me that sounds like you are in Automatic Selection AF. Obviously move to spot AF. To register an AF point: 1/ Select the button. 2/ Move to AF point you want selected. 3/ Press the button and then the at the same time. To...
  16. privatebydesign

Canon’s roadmap includes 32 new lenses by 2026 according to Canon’s CEO

And either a complete embargo on politics, or the opening of a well moderated politics and religion section where self appointed experts sitting in warm comfortable safety can wax lyrical about the pronunciation of a word and how important that is to people who are literally being bombed out of...
  17. privatebydesign

New Canon EOS R3 orders may be delayed for more than 6 months

Anybody thT Anybody that can't get their out of camera jpegs looking exactly how they want simply needs to spend a half hour getting it right in the Picture Style Editor utility that comes free with all Canon cameras. As much control as anybody could ever want do it one time, make some custom...
  18. privatebydesign

New Canon EOS R3 orders may be delayed for more than 6 months

Toyota invented JIT, the idea has been bastardized to not account for supply issues. If you don't get the required items in time, your 'just in time' concept failed. Most companies don't manufacture to a true JIT strategy, they manufacture to a 'don't hold any stock of any components' strategy...
  19. privatebydesign

New rumor of Supertelephoto DO’s and the R1 [CR2]

In general that doesn't stop them working. My EF 300 f2.8 IS, EF 24-70 f2.8, EF 70-200 f2.8 IS, and EF 15mm f2.8 fisheye are all unsupported lenses....