Search results

1. S

Poll: Are you going to be preordering the Canon EOS 90D or Canon EOS M6 Mark II?

No. My next camera will be an R series. (actually at this rate it may be a new iPhone if their new cameras are as good as they're claiming)
  2. S

Canon EOS RP w/RF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM in stock and ready to ship

Waiting for the reviews - if this ends up being a 6D II+ it might be worth the jump.
  3. S

A hypothesis concerning the RF mount

So long as the camera body itself is lighter I think that's enough. It won't be as convenient as an EOS M but even 1lb off the weight would be great for carrying it around on a trip. Presumably there'd then be a slow migration to the (presumably) smaller/lighter RF lenses.
  4. S

Time stamp in 6DII files are 1 hour apart from JPG to CR2

Just checked a recent set of pics from a trip a few weeks ago where I had shifted the clock ahead 3 time zones (I don't leave the GPS on) and my time stamps are in sync between the JPG and GPS version.
  5. S

Ethics of a photograph containing a baited animal

I think it depends on how you present your portfolio. If you're saying your portfolio is 100% natural where you camped out for days on end getting the right shot - yeah that'd be unethical. But if you're up front about it and say here's some nature photos I took, this one was part of a boat...
  6. S

fireworks videoing - 16-35 ii f2.8 or the new f4?

Re: lens sharpness - there were christmas lights up on the stage and when I video'd with the 24-70 I had much more detail of the lights then I did when I video'd with the 16-35. Re: noise - it seems that way to me. In some cases it's the same but in a few situations I think there's more noise...
  7. S

fireworks videoing - 16-35 ii f2.8 or the new f4?

Heading out to DisneyWorld for NYE and plan on videoing the fireworks out there. I've got a Canon 6D ii (yeah I know I whined but the built in image stabilization for videoing and the sweet deal over thanksgiving was too good to pass up) and the 16-35 ii f2.8 and the newer F4. Generally I've...
  8. S

Backordered: Canon EOS 6D Mark II w/BG-E21, Pixma Pro-100, Paper, SD Card, Extra Battery & Bag $1349

Re: Hot Deal: Canon EOS 6D Mark II w/BG-E21, Pixma Pro-100, Paper, SD Card, Extra Battery & Bag $134 Right - but the $1689 camera only bundle seems to imply that you need the rebate but it doesn't include the printer - just the paper. But the rebate form says you need the printer AND the...
  9. S

Backordered: Canon EOS 6D Mark II w/BG-E21, Pixma Pro-100, Paper, SD Card, Extra Battery & Bag $1349

Re: Hot Deal: Canon EOS 6D Mark II w/BG-E21, Pixma Pro-100, Paper, SD Card, Extra Battery & Bag $134 I can't figure out how the $350 rebate works - the form on the BH site says they all require the purchase of a pixma printer as well.
  10. S

Re: Hot Deal: Canon EOS 6D Mark II w/BG-E21, Pixma Pro-100, Paper, SD Card, Extra Battery & Bag $134 Argh - I just bought mine from B&H last week and completely missed out on this :(
  11. S

Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8L IS Still in Testing [CR2]

Oh absolutely. I'm just looking at it through the lens of nostalgia as that was really the first lens that made me realize "Wow... glass really DOES make the difference!" I sold my 17-55 about 4 years ago to help fund my upgrade to a 6D and the 16-35 f2.8. I went with the wide angle first as...
  12. S

Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8L IS Still in Testing [CR2]

WANT IT! Since moving to FF I've really missed my old trusty APS-C 17-55 F2.8 which was my previous walk around lens. I've got the 24-70 F2.8 II and while it takes fantastic shots I miss the IS at times (or it's better to say I miss shots without the IS!)
  13. S

Rental Camera Gear Destroyed by the Solar Eclipse of 2017

Same here - used a 70-300mm f5.6 on a 6D, hand held - waited until we had maximum totality for our area (90%) and then, using live view, quickly aimed and fired. We had partial cloud cover but the clouds were thin enough that the sun was visible and I took a few quick shots of that. Were these...
  14. S

Downgrade pro lenses

I beat my lenses up. My regular walk around lenses are either the 16-35 F2.8 II or the 24-70 f2.8 II on my 6D and it's always with me when I'm on vacations out of town and I've gotten spectacular photos out of it (even when drunk in Vegas and I don't recall taking the picture! ;D ) At the...
  15. S

Review: Canon EOS 6D Mark II by TDP

I've read lots of reviews of how it's a great entry level FF camera. But what about those of us that already HAVE an entry level FF camera... like the 6D? It's marginal upgrade at best with a trade-off of with potentially lower video quality and slightly worse DR but some better DR depending...
  16. S

Canon EOS Rebel T7 (1400D) Hits Certification Agency

Heh - watch it have 4k... :P
  17. S

Hands on Field Test of the Canon EOS 6D Mark II

Disappointing for me - I fully understand nerfing the product to protect the higher priced products and it's not a stopper for me as a "prosumer hobbyist". I can live without the dual cards and while the lack of 4k was disappointing but the other features were good enough coming from a 6D...
  18. S

ALERT - TSA declares all cameras need to come out of your bag at security

Agreed - We'll have to see what the actual rules are - but laptops can't be in their own bags either - they have to be by themselves in their own tray. I'm hoping it's at least OK to have the lenses on top of their own bag rather than be all by themselves.
  19. S

ALERT - TSA declares all cameras need to come out of your bag at security

I long for the days when I could sprint through an airport 10 minutes before my flight - throw the carryon through the x-ray scanner and walk through the metal detector (which was not sensitive enough to be set off by my belt buckle) grab the bag then sprint down to the gate and hand over my...
  20. S

Canon EOS 6D Mark II Has Begun Shipping

Eagerly awaiting the reviews. I'm on the fence as there's some nice-to-have features I'd like that my current 6D doesn't but no need-to-have ones. If the DR is roughly equal (enough that a little LR post-processing will cover the spread) I'm leaning towards a maybe.