Search results

1. E

No 600EX-RT discounts this holiday?

The 600EX-RT was at $449 last December at major retailers like B&H. At one point Adorama even had it at $425. This year, however, I was a little disappointed to see that it has remained at $499 at all the authorized dealers. Should we not expect any price drops on this unit at all for the...
  2. E

Flash Zoom - Difference in Stops?

Using a 600EX-RT here. Does anybody know the difference in stops at the center of the light circle created by the flash for: 1) 24mm flash zoom vs 70mm flash zoom? 2) 70mm flash zoom vs 200mm flash zoom? I've always assumed it was just a 1 stop difference for both (1) and (2), but I can't be...
  3. E

Canon 5D Mark III - Button for Exposure Compensation?

I have a question about the 5D3: When I'm shooting in Aperture Priority or Shutter Priority, is there a way to dial in Exposure Compensation without taking my eyes off the viewfinder? The reason I ask is because I can't find a button for EC anywhere on the camera (all I see is a button for...
  4. E

Small container for holding spigots/studs?

I'm looking for recommendations for small storage containers to hold the spare spigots/studs/screws that I use for light stands. The container should be small so that it takes up little space in my camera bag. I actually want something like this...
  5. E

Rogue Flashbender Diffusion Kit vs actual softbox

I'm looking into ExpoImaging Rogue line of products. I see that you can combine a Large Rogue Flashbender Reflector + Large Rogue Diffusion Panel to make a "large softbox" (9"x8"). XL Pro Rogue Flasbehnder Reflector + XL Pro Rogue Diffusion Panel to make a "XL softbox" (roughtly 11"x13") For...
  6. E

Gel Systems: Honl vs Rogue? (and is 600EX's gel holder viable?)

Looking for opinions into the Honl vs Rogue gel kit systems. Pros/Cons of one over the other. Any feedback would be appreciated! Haven't invested in either system yet. Also, I am wondering if anybody here with a 600EX-RT actually uses the included gel holder? I know that if you use the...
  7. E

Cold Shoe for 600EX-RT?

Hi, I'm trying to find the best cold shoe for 600EX-RT, one that is known to have a solid fit. Anybody know if Stroboframe Cold Shoe (300-405) is a good fit? I tried skimming via CTRL+F through both the B&H and Amazon reviews and couldn't find any reviewers mentioning if it was good for the...
  8. E

Acceptable AFMA difference for zoom between W and T ends?

I've got two new copies of the 24-70mm f/2.8 II (playing the zoom-tick lottery). I'm wondering, what would be an acceptable AFMA difference between the Wide and Telephoto ends? 1st copy: -1 at 24mm and +1 at 70mm (so a difference of 2). 2nd copy: +2 at 24mm and +7 at 70mm (so a difference of...
  9. E

Why does Focal tell users to use 1-Point instead of Spot AF?

I've been doing AFMA tests using Spot AF. I recently read through Focal's documentation (I haven't bought a license but am considering it) and it says that specifically for Canon bodies that testers should be using 1-Point AF and not Spot AF. I've always used Spot AF before because I somehow...
  10. E

Is YN622C's Test Fire button a remote shutter release?

Does the Test Fire button on the Yongnuo YN622C act as a standard wireless shutter release? 1) Can you half-press the button to make the camera Auto-Focus, and then full-press the button to take the shot? 2) If you hold down the button, can you shoot in continuous burst? (assuming no...
  11. E

600EX-RT: Viability as a remote shutter release?

I know that with two 600EX-RTs or one 600EX-RT + ST-E3-RT, that the off-camera flash unit has a button that can act as a remote shutter release. My questions are: 1) Can you half-press the button to make the camera Auto-Focus, and then full-press the button to take the shot? 2) If you hold...
  12. E

5D Mk III - Anything better than RC-6 remote?

I'm looking for a wireless remote for the 5D Mk III. I looked at the default option, which is the Canon RC-6. It's relatively cheap ($20) and has the Canon brand, but after looking at many reviews on Amazon and B&H, it seems to have a few problems: A) It uses the IR receiver on the 5D's front...
  13. E

Looking to upgrade to 5D Mk III. What to do with old RSS L-bracket?

I've been using a RRS L-bracket to mount my camera on my tripod. If I buy a new camera, I have to buy a new bracket to fit it. I can sell my old camera on eBay, but I'm curious what do people usually do with their old brackets. Does anybody know? When I search through eBay for RRS brackets...