Search results

1. K

Canon’s roadmap for 2019, included an EOS R camera that no one is expecting? [CR2]

Unfortunately, the 645Z has the same MF crop sensor used in the Fujis and Hasselblad X1D - you have to go really expensive to get the 6x4.5 (ish) sensors: Hasselblad H6D-400c: 100MP 53.4 x 40.0mm CMOS Sensor...
  2. K

We’ve added a dark theme to canonrumors.com

Interesting idea, but red text on grey is hard to read.
  3. K

Do You Use Third Party Batteries in Your Canon Cameras?

No, I have found consistently that 3rd party products are not as good as the Canon originals, batteries or otherwise. I also don't use Twitter, so apparently I am not allowed to vote.
  4. K

Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM

A foggy Autumn morning in New Hampshire
  5. K

Canon EF 16-35mm f/4L IS USM

Ashuelot River at Sawyers Crossing
  6. K

New 5DSR Vs. refurbished.

I purchased a refurb 5D3 from Canon about two years ago, it has been rock solid.
  7. K

Winter Landscapes

+1
  8. K

Worst lighting purchase you ever made? The best?

Worst: Phottix Stratto TTL set, they are unreliable at best Best: Vivtar 283s, they lasted 30 years and would still work if I ever bothered to replace the hot shoes.
  9. K

5D Mark IV Issues with Wireless Recievers (Pocket Wizard/Dynalite)

It isn't just Pocket Wizards or Dynalites that are unreliable. I bought a Phottix Stratto TTL set about 18 months ago, it seemed to work with my 5DmIII and a Metz 48-1, but then I figured out that it was only working properly about 75% of the time, with the flash firing but not properly...
  10. K

What were your first Canons? Analog and or digital?

My first camera was a 110 Pocket Instamatic (a Model 20 I believe) in 1973-ish, which was followed by a Yashica MG-1 that I received for Christmas in 1976. I got my first Canon, a TX, in 1978. I loaned it to a friend for a trip to Israel in 1979 where it was stolen from the tour bus, and...
  11. K

Adobe Creative Apps Go Cloud Only

Well, I don't use Photoshop and I guess now I never will as I am in the "no subscription ever" camp. Why? 1) I started with LR4 right before LR5 was introduced, and am now on LR6 but in the future I don't have to upgrade if I don't want to. This forces Adobe to keep improving the product if...
  12. K

European ground squirrel

Odd, where I live the reds are more aggressive and thus dominant.
  13. K

A Bit of a Hassle when using a CPL?

Charl, I disagree with the above. If you have the money and desire to own great equipment, do so. If you find helpful answers from Internet forums, use them. If you learn well by watching Youtube videos, or online courses from KelbyOne, Lynda, CreativeLive or other sources, use them. If you...
  14. K

My five generations of Canon bodies.

My Canon history: 1979 TX (stolen) 1980 A1 w/motor drive (in a drawer, needs an overhaul) 1982 FTb (working) 1994 F1 w/winder (late version original, working) 2006 30D (given to one of my daughters 2014 50D (given to another one of my daughters) 2015 5D m3 (current primary body)
  15. K

When will we see an EOL (V2) firmware for the 5DMK3?

Neuro is correct. In my day job I am a product manager and can tell you with 100% certainty that with the exception of a bugfix, there is no incentive for Canon to put any resources at all into updating the 5D3 firmware at this point. New features will be reserved for new products.
  16. K

Ended: Refurbished Canon EF 600mm f/4L IS II

Re: Stock Notice: Refurbished Canon EF 600mm f/4L IS II Pity that I don't have a spare $9200 laying around. :(
  17. K

Show us your Hooters (Owls)

Thanks Click. His name 8s Pete and it is crop from a shot of my middle daughter holding him. She and my youngest spent several of their mid-teen years working with raptors at a nearby farm. I shot it from just a few feet away with my old 30D. Credit the 70-200/2.8 L IS II for the sharpness...
  18. K

Show us your Hooters (Owls)

I have only been able to photograph a few owls. The Great Horned and Barred were captive, the Snowy not so much. It had stayed in one spot for hours (I only was there for the last 45 minutes, but others had been there for 5 or 6 hours, waiting) and then when it took off I managed to get only 2...
  19. K

Gear advise for portraits, product, food photography and wedding photography.

Canon has a good deal on a refurb 5D3 with the 24-105 (got mine a year ago) but even at that the D750 appears to be a bit less expensive than the 5D3, and is a capable camera (my brother owns one). It really comes down to whether the you prefer Canon's ergonomics and if the ability to swap...
  20. K

Crazy HDR prints sell well

If you don't mind answering, how much are people willing to spend on these? Have you played with the price to determine if it is elastic?