Search results

1. jebrady03

A few more images of the Canon RF 85mm f/1.2L USM leak out ahead of this week’s announcement

Adorama posted a 1 minute in-use video of the RF 85L
  2. jebrady03

Big Canon EOS R price drop, save up to $500 and still get the EF-RF adapter for free

For anyone who finds it interesting... The A7III is selling better than all the competitors combined.
  3. jebrady03

Big Canon EOS R price drop, save up to $500 and still get the EF-RF adapter for free

Admit it... You had to change your underwear after writing that post
  4. jebrady03

It's definitely possible to make the A9 AF more tenacious/sticky. I've found it to be a hair shy of flawless, although I haven't tried it in every potential scenario, obviously. I've found it to be noticeably better than everything else I've ever tried in Canon's lineup as well as Sony's lineup.
  5. jebrady03

I think you are looking at smoke and thinking fire when in reality it was a burnout and you didn't hear the engine roaring and the tires screaming.
  6. jebrady03

I'm not saying it's not a discount. I'm simply saying that "trading something" and "doing nothing" to get a discount are not equivalent scenarios. Not everyone has something to trade (or is willing to offer it). Everyone can do nothing. Therefore, the two scenarios are not equivalent.
  7. jebrady03

Still totally correct. You're referring to a different program vs a sale price.
  8. jebrady03

Sony A7III release: April 2018 Date of first A7III sale price in the USA: TBD Total time between release and sale price: TBD (over 1 year at this point) Canon EOS R release: October 2018 Date of first EOS R sale price in the USA: April 2019 Total time between release and sale price: 6 months...
  9. jebrady03

APS-C DSLR lineup to get a shake up? [CR1]

It sounds to me like the 7D Mark 3 will have a non-fixed touch screen (Tilt? Articulating?) and that the successor to the 77D will be slightly more upmarket to fill the void of the 80D. 80D folks? They're moving you to RF mount with a heavy reliance on the adapter! Initially, you'd think they'd...
  10. jebrady03

Canon continues to outsell everyone in the full frame segment according to BCN

Agreed that it's a relevant sample. But only for Japan. It's irrelevant when it comes to the global market.
  11. jebrady03

Canon continues to outsell everyone in the full frame segment according to BCN

You are referencing BCN numbers which only surveys around 40% of sales in Japan (at most, according to their website). The other data you are referring to is with respect to worldwide sales. So, while you are not comparing apples and oranges, you have managed to pluck a single apple from the...
  12. jebrady03

Review: Canon EOS R by DPReview

It's only people who bought one that are comparing it to a 5D Mark IV because they've been brainwashed by camera companies that the sensor MP count is what matters most. And, they're trying to convince themselves that they got a mirrorless 5D Mark IV for a lot less money. Everyone else is...
  13. jebrady03

Canon to use a Sony image sensor in an upcoming APS-C ILC body? [CR1]

Everyone has said it will lack dpaf. I'm saying Sony could make a sensor for Canon with DPAF if Canon asked them to. Also, it's a CR1. What do you think the likelihood is that the exact sensor information is known about an otherwise completely unknown camera? Seriously. Think about that.
  14. jebrady03

Canon to use a Sony image sensor in an upcoming APS-C ILC body? [CR1]

I'm not sure why people think that Sony couldn't create a dpaf sensor for Canon. They make sensors to spec all the time. Additionally, Sony's sensor manufacturing is a separate business from their cameras and must remain that way.
  15. jebrady03

Full frame mirrorless market share: Canon already has 22% of the market in Japan

Looking at market share RIGHT NOW is about the most ignorant possible way to evaluate performance. It's absolutely stupid. But, it should be monitored because... Volume is the only thing that matters until market share doesn't change drastically from one week or month to the next. The Z6 is...
  16. jebrady03

Is the Canon EOS 5DS series to be replaced by a mirrorless camera? [CR1]

I agree that Canon likes to recycle tech (is that even up for debate?) but rather than recycle the 50mp FF sensor, why not go with a FF version of the 80D sensor? Here's the math... 1.6x crop x 1.6x crop = 2.56 (that's how much larger a Canon FF sensor is vs a Canon APSC sensor). The 80D is...
  17. jebrady03

Lots of New mirrorless and DSLR cameras in the pipeline

Here are my thoughts for a low-end camera, if that's what they decide that the 26mp mirrorless should be. https://www.dpreview.com/forums/post/61639687
  18. jebrady03

I don't see it happening. As I mentioned in another reply, they're already struggling with getting info off the sensor in a reasonable amount of time. There's NO WAY they'll be able to improve processing speed and power to the point that DPAF could support 20 FPS or more and I don't think...
  19. jebrady03

They're already struggling with getting data off the sensor of the EOS R, as evidenced by the worst-in-class FPS, worst-in-class 4K, worst-in-class AF tracking with continuous AF, etc. Upping the megapixels will simply compound this issue. DPAF is absolutely fantastic and incredibly novel, but...
  20. jebrady03

Some disagree with me when I say that Canon is at the top of the food chain when it comes to knowing how to segment their products. But even this set of leaked specs proves just how far they'll go to artificially segment their products. Anyone know what I'm referring to? The damn battery...