Search results

1. S

Shooting straight down with 24-70 mm II -- possible?

Testing out a new 24-70 II (after running it through Fo-Cal three times, thanks again for everyone who helped with that :)), and some of the photos are sharp. But those where the camera is steeply angled down, often aren't. Is that expected? Do others see the same thing? I don't notice any...
  2. S

New 24-70 II, maybe AFMA will help?

Just got a new 24-70 II and I must say that my initial images are, well, disappointing. I was hoping for something along the lines of the ridiculous sharpness of the 70-200 II. Sadly, what I'm seeing is much closer to my 28-135. If you look at this .cr2 file in DPP...
  3. S

70-200 f/2.8 II + 2X converter versus 100-400 f/4.5-5.6

I rented the 100-400 mm for a trip to the San Diego zoo, and thought it was a really nice lens. In terms of utility, though, I'm not sure I have a day-to-day need for it (though need & want aren't always correlated). As I already own the 70-200 F/2.8 II, I'm wondering if getting the 2X...
  4. S

Any recommendations for how best to use an Arctic Butterfly?

A bought an Arctic Butterfly (724 SB) to rid my camera of the Canon-supplied extras it shipped with (really, they couldn't clean this before shipping it!?). I seem to have successfully moved the dust particles around on the sensor, but I'm not sure I've removed any of them. I've made two...
  5. S

1dx firmware released

http://www.the-digital-picture.com/News/News-Post.aspx?News=2930
  6. S

1DX lock up?

I think I already know the answer to this, but I wanted to see if anyone else has had their 1DX lock up. I was in the middle of shooting a hula festival and the shutter just went dead. The red "writing" light was on, so I waited about 10 secs, and it never went off. (I wasn't shooting...
  7. S

1D cameras for walk-around and traveling

I was wondering if anyone used their 1D as their walk-around or traveling camera. If so, any concerns with 1) weight and/or 2) its size/shape making you a target for theft? I've played with the 1D Mark IV, and it's a lovely camera for sports photography. I'm thinking about a 1DX, but if I spend...