Search results

1. K3nt

Wacom tablets for photoediting.

Hello dear CR's, I wanted to ask you if one of you might help me out with my dilemma. I just got a nice new Wacom tablet (used, 5L) and have been playing around with it for a couple of days. My problem is this, since I'm new to the device I'd like your thoughts on best setup for still's editing...
  2. K3nt

Tour De Helsinki 2013

Took some pics of the Tour De Helsinki bicycle race this weekend. The one below is one of my personal favorites. Tour De Helsinki - 1st September 2013 by K3ntFIN, on Flickr
  3. K3nt

Elinchroms and High Speed Sync

Hello all, Since googling seems not to turn up any understandable results I decided to ask if any one here who could shed some light on the issue (pun intended. :)) I have been narrowing my options down to getting either the 500BRXi kit (500/500w) or the Ranger Quadra RX setup. However, they...
  4. K3nt

CaniCross and Sleddog Finnish Championships

Went out shooting the CaniCross and Sleddog championships last weekend. After a bit of wondering around I found a spot that not only allowed me to get some cool shots but added a nice reflection to them as well. (Some other shots thrown in for good measure. ) ;D CaniCross Finnish Championship...
  5. K3nt

Night shots here please.. :) ...

Bow to the stars by K3ntFIN, on Flickr Golden Moonlight Reflection by K3ntFIN, on Flickr Hakaniemi, Helsinki - By night by K3ntFIN, on Flickr
  6. K3nt

Red Bull Boxcar Race

Don't know if this qualifies as a real sport but there was this really fun event in Helsinki on the weekend so I thought I'd show you a few shots. ;) At least there was some seriously demented vehicles rolling down the hill, some had more success than others. ;D Flaming Slippers Red Bull...
  7. K3nt

Helsinki Samba Carnival

No place really seemed to fit this, so I put it here in the Portraits section. That's what they basically are... Gear used. Canon 7D and the magical 70-200 f/2.8L MkII. The shots are pretty much straight off the camera. It was quite a challenging lighting situation. Bright sunlight with very...
  8. K3nt

Best Canon body for permanent IR conversion?

Hi all, I've found bits and pieces of information, but all very scattered. Can someone point me in the right direction here? I would need to find out which Canon EOS body lends it self for IR conversion in the best possible way? I'm now talking about the conversion that would be done by one of...
  9. K3nt

Not quite abstract but heavily 'shopped.

Hi, Just wanted to show this one. I had a picture of the kid running around, up a hill, but the shot was very cluttered with people and trees etc etc.... Then I had another shot of a cliff I took laying flat down. So I tried to combine the two shots in Photoshop. Taking the kid out of the...
  10. K3nt

Steel Wool and other trickshots

Steel wool spinning: Steel Wool Trick Shot - Take 2 - Purple Rain by K3ntFIN, on Flickr Steel Wool Trick Shot - Take 3 - Fire Rain... by K3ntFIN, on Flickr Long exposure zoom effect: Easter bonfire by K3ntFIN, on Flickr
  11. K3nt

Helsinki - Finland

A couple of shots from Helsinki - Finland...at night.. Helsinki Light Trails by K3ntFIN, on Flickr Trick Shot - Light Painting - Take 1 by K3ntFIN, on Flickr
  12. K3nt

Tenpin Bowling

Some pictures from the Ballmaster Open in Helsinki Finland 6th - 15th January 2012. Hannele Impola, excellent technique Hannele Impola... by K3ntFIN, on Flickr Ronnie Russell trickshot Over the barrier, under the chair... by K3ntFIN, on Flickr Mika Koivuniemi and the strike dance _MG_1405...
  13. K3nt

Snowy pictures

Not sure this qualifies as a 'landscape' per se, but I think it turned out well enough to show here. :) Everyone is invited to post images with snow in them. ;) Let's make this the photochallenge for the week. Winter! It's here! by K3ntFIN, on Flickr
  14. K3nt

Stonehenge!

Title says it all really.. :D Stonehenge! by K3ntFIN, on Flickr
  15. K3nt

Black and White portraits

I was playing around with a portrait I took. I knew there was a good image in there. Ran it through Silver Efex 2 and WHAM! there it was. :D A man and his thoughts by K3ntFIN, on Flickr
  16. K3nt

Bicycle race - Tour De Helsinki

Took these yesterday when the race was on. _MG_0017 by K3ntFIN, on Flickr _MG_9927 by K3ntFIN, on Flickr _MG_9799 by K3ntFIN, on Flickr The leaders again... by K3ntFIN, on Flickr It was a good learning experience to see what works and what does not. Action stopping shutter speeds on a...
  17. K3nt

Indoor event tips

Hi everyone, I'm going to photograph an indoor dogshow this coming weekend and I was wondering if you guys had any good tips. The lighting is fluorescent, but since the exhibition hall has very high ceiling it is slightly "murky". Flash usage may be restricted along the rings so that puts some...
  18. K3nt

CaniCross (Sleddog sports)

This is something we do with our dogs quite a bit. I managed to capture some nice stuff this weekend. Four dog-span racing _MG_5152 by K3ntFIN, on Flickr Kickbike racing _MG_5223 by K3ntFIN, on Flickr Mountain bike racing _MG_5464 by K3ntFIN, on Flickr Canicross running _MG_5524 by...
  19. K3nt

L-fever...

...I think I have it.. Is there a cure or am I forever a lost cause? ;D The 70-200mm f/2.8L IS USM II is brilliant! Now all I do is browse for deals on the 100mm f/2.8L IS USM macro lens, seems I can't get enough. :)
  20. K3nt

Area suggestion

Hi, This post has nothing to do with the 5D3 or 7D2 or any other device Canon may or may not produce in the next 6months. Instead, I'd like to know who's on flickr/picasa/other photoalbum sites and their links. It's be good to also state what your preferred subject matter is. I'll go first...