Search results

1. D

Opinion: Canon’s mounting woes

A vendor makes his own rules, dictates his own development and marketing strategies, and hopefully parallels his user base\'s requirements. I find it funny that those castigating Canon for a closed system are probably the same fanboys using Apple hardware and software - considering Apple also...
  2. D

There may be as many as three RF mount APS-C cameras on the horizon [CR1]

If that's "the plan" then Canon had better make some affordable R mount lenses available. The current 10-18 and 55-250 are both excellent lenses for the price. Given that nobody "needs" a mirrorless camera other than marketing hype, Canon has it's work cut out for it.
  3. D

After the EOS R3, Canon will introduce new “affordable” RF mount cameras [CR1]

I'm not sure what percentage of the volume or the profit that the Rebel line of cameras produce, but I don't see a R based replacement that's obvious. Unless Canon has a secret "arrangement" to leave the APS market to Fuji, there doesn't seem to be a strategy.
  4. D

What replaces the Rebel line?

With the RP now at $799 it appears that it will be difficult for Canon to get a new mirrorless system inexpensive enough to replace the Rebel lineup as an entry level camera. The new 50mm is a good kit lens but there doesn't appear to be a replacement for the 18-55 sold with so many crop frame...
  5. D

The future of DSLRs may lay with Pentax, as Ricoh gives us a teaser for the Pentax K-3 Mark III

A new APS-C camera won't "save" Pentax no matter how good it is. Sure, there are the diehard Pentaxians and both of them can buy this new camera, but lack of lenses, no marketing and no support will prevent anyone from switching. If you're changing systems and "have to have" an APS-C...
  6. D

Here is the Canon Cinema EOS C70, to be announced this week.

could this be a replacement for the rumored xc20?
  7. D

RF Mount APS-C camera coming second half of 2021 [CR2]

I still haven't seen a replacement for any of the Rebel series. Don't know how Rebel sales affects the bottom line, but they must be significant volume wise. The M line , particularly those without viewfinders, haven't replaced Rebels and Rp is a single attempt. 2021 will be an interesting year.
  8. D

Counting down my five favorite Canon digital cameras ever. Coming in at #5…..

My favorite Canon camera is still the A1 - light, sturdy, high quality images and a wide range of lenses that you could manually control. Too bad Canon can't make a digital version.
  9. D

RF mount cinema camera in the works [CR2]

could this be the long awaited xc-20 with interchangeable lenses?
  10. D

Photokina 2020 cancelled, the next show will be May 18-21, 2022

By the spring of 2022 it will be canceled also. There will be no need for a large trade show because vendors will have shifted to a on-line product introduction strategy and/or individual events. The large gap between Photokina shows have shown it was not indispensable to the photo industry...
  11. D

An RF super telephoto zoom on the way, likely in late 2020 [CR1]

This lens has been rumored for at least two years. I'm tired of waiting, so the new Tamron 150-600 is the winner. Haven't ever bought a lens that wasn't Canon before, (for my canon Systems) but that's long enough.
  12. D

What laptop do you use for photo editing?

old mac book - as slow as I am
  13. D

Canon’s roadmap for 2019, included an EOS R camera that no one is expecting? [CR2]

How about a form factor change for the body - an R mount on a cube. Canon has a similar start with an entry level video camera (xc-10). It would solve the vertical/horizontal dilemma with a square image (new square sensor perhaps), could offer interchangeable viewfinders (lucrative accessory...
  14. D

Which rechargeable AA batteries for Speedlights?

try the "ladda" batteries from IKEA. they're made in the same japanese factory as the panasonic enneloop, are inexpensive and work great. (come in three strengths - 500-1000-2500 and a 4 for $7.00)
  15. D

Which lense now?

Since you're primarily shooting hunts outdoors, consider the 55-250stm lens. Low motor noise, good range and cheap with decent image quality. The 18-135 is another, but in my view, a more limited option, for your environment. If you find out that the 70-200 range is where you do most of your...
  16. D

The Last, Best Hope For A Digital Camera Rebound Is Failing

Nonsense - it would be too labor intensive to modify the lenses and would probably cost more than buying the correct mount. If Canon really wants to "get behind the M" it would have to considerably lower the cost - now being done by fire sales of current inventory - or significantly improve...
  17. D

Where you keep your wedding gear?

isn't that what "assistants" are for?
  18. D

Bye Canon?

Does the term "leapfrog" mean anything to you. Camera offerings are like the weather in Oklahoma, if you don't like it, wait twenty minutes and it will be different. If you can't wait, buy the Nikon, invest in new lenses and shoot 'til your fingers hurt.
  19. D

Back to the Future Parts 1/2/3 Canon Strategy

Two truths - 1. you gets whats you pay for, and 2. the best camera is one with you. The smart phone market plays to both, and it also explains the size and price variance of the p&s offerings by all manufacturers. As camera manufacturers add none photographic features such as wi-fi and gps...
  20. D

Future EOS-M Lenses

Re: Future of EOS-M Lenses. for me, there is none. even if canon improves the shoddy performance of the current model, offers more lenses and lowers the price, I don't need, want or will purchase another "system".