Search results

1. KKCFamilyman

Looking for zoom lens beyond 200mm for r6 2 for high school sports that is within a $2-3k budget.

Looking for zoom lens beyond 200mm for r6 2 for high school sports that is within a $2-3k budget. Something beyond my 70-200. Possibly a r7 for crop reach or not sure what else is affordable.
  2. KKCFamilyman

Torn on low light sports lens 85/135 RF

Hey everyone, I am torn on either the rf85 1.2 or rf135 1.8 for my kids track meets to keep the iso down. Also my sons water polo games. Of course portraits of the kids too. I am curious if anyone has a recommendation. I own the 70-200 2.8 and that is just not enough light on some of these...
  3. KKCFamilyman

Help with merging all of my photo duplicates

Hello All, I am pulling all of my photo's from Smugmug and putting them back on my One Drive in the format of "YEAR\Month\". I have duplicates and extra's. Since they are all of our family photo's I was curious if anyone had a way to scan them for duplicates to remove and merge what I download...
  4. KKCFamilyman

Need affordable tripod and speedlite for indoor group photo’s.

Hello everyone, I have an R6 and find myself needing a speedlite and tripod for group shots of some upcoming family events indoors and my kids band concerts. I like the 430/600 speedlite but they are expensive for my use. Any suggestions?
  5. KKCFamilyman

Lenses for Cruise

I am going on a disney Cruise with My R6 and was curious if anyone thinks it would be better to leave my 24-105L behind and add the 24-70 2.8L or go with something smaller like an R100 M8. I want good pictures but am torn to go all in or scale back. Anyone recently go down this exercise? Also...
  6. KKCFamilyman

Need Lens for High school Band concerts under $1k

Hello everyone, I am looking for a 70-200/300 with f4 or faster that can take stills and video with my Canon R6 of my son’s High School Band performances. My budgets is about $1k. Any suggestions? I want the rf 70-200 f4 but $1599 is too much.
  7. KKCFamilyman

Iphone 12 Pro Max larger sensor

Hello, I am looking at upgrading from the Iphone 11 Pro to the new 12 Max instead of the 12 Pro. Does anyone think the larger sensor and IBIS will be noticeable and worth carrying the bigger phone?
  8. KKCFamilyman

Canon R5 or R6 with $5k budget

Hello everyone, i decided to sell my RP with hopes of getting the R6. I did get it but have not opened it since the RF 24-105 is still out of stock. Upon reading more reviews it feels like the R5 is still praised as the best and the R6 just so so. I am shooting family events, kids band...
  9. KKCFamilyman

Help need to pick an R5 or R6

I purchased the RP in Jan 2020. It was and is a good camera. The 2 shortcomings are the AF for a running puppy is pathetic and the 4k is cropped with no Dpaf. I was so excited for the R6 which is like a mini 1dX and 4k uncropped. I am now dissapointed that everyone seems to keep saying the R5 is...
  10. KKCFamilyman

Eos Rp or R for $400 more

Hello All, I am getting the eos RP with 24-105L for $1799 but am enticed to consider the R for $400 more @ $2,199. Even though the R is a better deal I was hoping someone on this forum could shed some light if they have one and are wishing they had the other or if they do not think the R is...
  11. KKCFamilyman

Upgrade to m6 ii or RP for family memories in low light

Hello everyone, I have the M50 with 15-45, 55-200, 22mm. I am wanting more in video, better low light iso performance and still stay relatively small in overall size. I am considering the RP-24–105L or M6 ii and keep the lenses. my ? Is has anyone have first hand experience with either to...
  12. KKCFamilyman

Which standard zoom lens for me??

I had the 24-70 2.8 II. I sold my gear earlier this year. I have recently bought into the Canon 5d4 and just received the 24-105L II. I was waiting since it finally brought things that made it worthwhile. I like the dp 4k video and wanted and updated 24-105 II with hopes of it being better than...
  13. KKCFamilyman

Need a kids sports/family camera setup for $3k

I sold all my gear because I am buying a house and needed the money. I am really trilying hard to get a FF body, standard zoom, flash for $3k or less. I have found an open box deal at adorama for the 5d3 with 24-70 f4 kit and figured I could get a 430ex iii for about $270. Any suggestions to...
  14. KKCFamilyman

Need help deciding what to sell

I have the following Canon 1dx 16-35 f4 24-70 2.8 70-200 2.8 100-400 vii 85 1.2 50mm 1.8 stm 600 exrt I have done very little with most of my gear this year as my career has been busy. I just recently took a position where I will be moving across the country and taking the family with. I will...
  15. KKCFamilyman

Canon 7d2 with 100-400 ii or 1dx with 100-400 ii + 1.4ex iii. Which has better IQ?

Hello all, I just purchased the 100-400 ii and want to add the 1.4ex or was thinking of a 7d2 instead.. Also woukd serve as a second lighter body but looking for some real world opinion. I care most about gaining more reach for BIF and other wildlife. Sick of cropping in so far.
  16. KKCFamilyman

Looking for studio lighting for $500

I sold my 2 x 600ex rt speedlite system awhile ago and still want a set of lights to play with to learn more about lighting. I want to practice on my family and friends. Does anyone have a recommendation for a 2 light strobe kit that they know works decent? Budget is a little negotiable. I want...
  17. KKCFamilyman

If you could rebuy your gear would you change anything

I recently sold all my Canon gear with the exception of my 70-200 2.8. I was hoping to downgrade some of it since I am trying to cut back to more of a hobby rather than pursue photography professionally. I just do not have the time in my life so I got a chance to get all my money I paid for my...
  18. KKCFamilyman

Which body to bring

I am leaving for a trip to orlando, fl tom and love photographing disney. I went during june and with the family rwlized my af was front focusing and ruined a lot of pics. Since then it jas been fixed. Just curious if I should bring the 1dx or 5d3 for this trip it will be hot and may rain. I may...
  19. KKCFamilyman

How to determine if your monitor is accurately calibrated?

Hello all CR, I have been using macbook pro's for my editing running windows. I have tried several laptops and while they are close in color gamut and contast. The Macbook whites look pure white. Is this just because its a cooler (k temp) screen or does all the others that are a bit more warm...
  20. KKCFamilyman

Torn between macbook pro retina or lenovo w540 for editing pics

I have been using macbook retina's for awhile strictly running windows since the screen covers the rgb gamut and is very accurate. I just bought a thinkpad w540 with the 3k display. It covers 97% so close enough but the pics just do not have that pop the had with the retina since the thinkpad...