Search results

1. A

Tony & Chelsea: Stupid Terms in Photography

“I bet one of you nerds knows and you’re gonna put it in the comments and be really sassy about it, and I’m gonna comment back, with more sass than you can handle.” She does not sound like a person I would like meet, no less have a conversation with.
  2. A

Eye controled autofocus, where have you been all my life?

I had the A2E and it had five eye controlled focus points and I admit that once it was calibrated, they worked great. But that was with five points kinda spread out. I can't imagine how eye controlled focus could work like that with 40+ focus points especially when they are in a bunch. It...
  3. A

My pet P. audax after molting - big surprise!

nice story and good photographs. Those are some wicked looking fangs (if that is the proper terminology).
  4. A

I got defeated :(

I dream of the time when my camera body is the weakest link in my photographic system.
  5. A

I got defeated :(

Yeah, being unhappy with Canon but still buying Canon products. That will learn 'em.
  6. A

How young is everyone?

Depends. On Monday mornings, I feel a lot older....
  7. A

Kickstarter: KOBRA Flash Modifier System

Unless this Kobra system uses some sort of time-space-continuum warping thing, physics are still physics. There is only so much you can do with a small piece of material close to a small light source.
  8. A

Dynamic range of the human eye

One of the problems is that the eye does not operate like a sensor on a camera. This makes such comparisons difficult. Not only is the eye constantly adjusting; at the same time, the brain is constantly performing its own version of image processing.
  9. A

Geared Tripod Head

This does point out that buying used equipment increases the risk of getting something that does not work as well as a brand new version. Caveat emptor. It can be hard to determine if the savings are worth it. Buying used equipment can result in some really good deals... and sometimes not so...
  10. A

Geared Tripod Head

Sorry to hear about your problems with your 410. Mine is still rock solid after 5+ years. I wonder what the previous owner did with it. Good luck and I hope you can get it fixed. Like the other posters, I love my 410
  11. A

Do You Want the Cheapest Flash Money Can Buy for Your Canon DSLR?

I think it is a good deal for the hobbyist looking to learn about using an external flash. Certainly not intended for any strobist power user, but then it is not intended for such use.
  12. A

This is everything that's wrong with photogaphic kickstarters

If you don't like the idea of this lens, don't invest in the Kickstarter. Why complain about it? Most things on Kickstarter I don't want/like. But I don't make threads complaining about it.
  13. A

Photokina To Become Yearly Trade Show After 2018

"the entire range of products, applications and services of relevance for imaging shall in future be presented in Cologne. " I wonder what this includes and excludes?
  14. A

The forum has to be redone, What needs to stay?

Nothing is free, especially when it comes to running/hosting a website. Either we, as users, have to pay or the owners of the site can convince advertisers to pay. But in any case, someone has to pay. Personally, I always prefer if other people pay as it is easier to ignore an ad than it is...
  15. A

The forum has to be redone, What needs to stay?

I don't know if there is anything that can be done with the search function, but it is not always easy to search for posts. Some other forums I haunt have both a simple and an advanced search function where you can designate more filters. Perhaps, if it were easier to search, there might be...
  16. A

Lightroom 6 discontinued?

With multiple alternatives that will satisfy the average LR user, Adobe may have made a poor business decision. In the Lightroom environment, they are not the only game in town. Not being a PS user, I can't opine on PS.
  17. A

The End of the DSLR?

So this guy you talked to was not a Canon employee, but a guy that knows another guy that may or may not actually work at Canon? We don't know what guy at Canon would actually know about this, nor do we know if your guy's guy even knows this yet another guy. This sounds like one step ahead of...
  18. A

Viewfinder or Live View

I really need to start exploring what LV can do. I use the VF, honestly, because that's what I have always used. New tricks and elderly canines you know.
  19. A

Canon 600 ex ii rt made in china ????

I assume that the flash unit is covered by the Canon warranty. If so, I would not worry too much about it. I seriously doubt that Canon just randomly chose some Chinese factory to make products under the Canon name. Pretty sure there are Canon people at these factories and that Canon has...
  20. A

Sigma 135 f1.8 Art; Inconsistent AF

You guys must be unlucky. I have not had any problems with my new Sigma Art lenses. I have not purchased the 135 yet, but when the bank account is agreeable, I would not hesitate to buy another Sigma.