Search results

1. luciolepri

Canon EOS new Picture Style

Hi there, after one year of on-field testing, I decided to share a custom made picture style that I consider a little improvement over the classic Technicolor's Cinestyle. It has about 1/3 of a stop less "reach" in the shadows, but it delivers higher midtone contrast (that I find very helpful...
  2. luciolepri

Canon EOS 80D filmmaker-oriented review (& 5D MKIII comparison)

Hi there! I just wrote this review: www.luciolepri.it/nwp/canon_eos_80d_review.htm I was curious to check the new sensor performances and to see if this camera could be a good second body for shooting events. I was mostly attracted by the Movie Servo AF feature. Unfortunately, video noise, as...
  3. luciolepri

5D MKIII RAW Video (web series pilot episode)

I know it doesn't look impressive, but it is, if you think that the young boy close-up is 150% zoomed in (to help the VFX) and heavily color graded! https://vimeo.com/91358512 BTW, this is a pilote episode of a web series that is also an online short film competition with very interesting...
  4. luciolepri

5D MKIII H264 vs RAW vs RAW 3X Crop from Macro 1:1

Title says everything... I'm definitely amazed by the potential of using the crop mode shooting macro: https://vimeo.com/96759229
  5. luciolepri

Faulty CF card? Advice needed...

I just bought a new CF to use it with a 5D MKIII. As usual, I ran some tests to be sure everything was OK, I shot H264/RAW video untill the card was full, checked the footage, everything was fine. Yesterday, I used this card for a "Trash the dress" and when I came home 30% of the footage was...
  6. luciolepri

Picture styles

Which one do you use, for what kind of job and why? When I have complete control of the lighting, like on a set, I usually try to get an in-camera look as near as possible to the final look I want to get, so I usually create a specific style for each film, modifing an existing style or creating...
  7. luciolepri

Canon 50/1.8 MK I

I finally found this lens on eBay for a reasonable price, I bought it and took a few shots. I know that it has the same optics and diaphragm of the MK II, but I was wondering if it has also the same anti-reflective lens coating, because it looks to me that it doesn't handle flares and ghostings...
  8. luciolepri

Follow focus advices

I'm planning to replace my follow focus unit: any suggestion? At the moment, the one on top of my wishlist is the Lanparte FF-02, but I'm wondering if there's something with the same quality at a lower price. The Edelkrone FocusONE Pro looks quite good... did anyone try it?
  9. luciolepri

Tamron 24-70/2.8 VC on a camera rig

I'm thinking about giving this lens a chance to find a place in my equipment, but I'm worried about the position of the MF ring, so close to the body, I guess it makes working with a follow focus and a matte box quite complicated... did anyone has this lens and use it for video?
  10. luciolepri

[Short film] Personnel selection (Essi Girano 50H Film Festival - 2013)

Selezione Personale (50H Film Festival - Edizione 2013) English subs. Written, shot and edited in 50 hours for the "Essi Girano 50H Film Festival". Given theme: Serendipity Elements to be included: a mathematical formula and a character with a tic. I had a 5 people crew, me included...