Search results

1. bitm2007

Canon will announce the RF 16mm f/2.8 and RF 100-400mm next

Is there anything in the pipeline for EF mount (Camera or lenses) ?
  2. bitm2007

Preorder: Canon EOS R5, Canon EOS R6 and new lenses

£4199 for the R5 in the UK (£600 more than the release price of the of 5D IV), and as a pro landscape photographer what would I gain for that ? I use a tripod so 8 stops IS is no advantage, I shoot stills so 8k isn't either, I wait for the moment so 1 FPS is enough, the megapixel jump isn't big...
  3. bitm2007

The Canon EOS 5D Mark V is in the works [CR2]

The general decline in camera sales largely due to the popularity of Smartphone cameras at the lower end of the market accounts for much of that, the key will be how quickly/many enthusiast and pro photographer make the switch to the mirrorless R mount cameras. Until Canon release a bigger...
  4. bitm2007

I think that may be the case as well. The ability to view a landscape image I have just captured in the viewfinder would be a major advantage for me, but I will be sticking with mirrored camera's until Canon release a suitable mirrorless camera with similar dimensions (for ease of use), weight...
  5. bitm2007

That's the way I see it going as well.
  6. bitm2007

Internally as previously mentioned I do agree that the 90D is the better camera, but the pro nature photographers I know want the ruggedness of a 7D II style body. Your have already stated the only real downgrade (to the 90D) is in its ruggedness, and that a "A "true replacement" with an RF...
  7. bitm2007

You've got the biggies, you could include buffer rates (but that's due to the increased files sizes), less focus points 65 v 45, viewfinder magnification 1.0x v 0.95x, built in GPS, USB 3 v 2, but overall I agree that the 90D is the better camera as long as the ruggedness isn't an issue.
  8. bitm2007

Yes, if the rumours are correct the 90D was the mirrored replacement for both the 80D and 7D Mark II (albeit a downgrade one in many regards). Expect the true replacement for the 7D Mark II to be RF mount.
  9. bitm2007

Possibly me. The ability to view the landscape image I have just captured in the viewfinder would be a major advantage for me, but the camera needs to have similar dimensions (for ease of use), weight (for balance when using EF lenses) and robustnance to my 5D mk IV. If the R II and similar R...
  10. bitm2007

Canon EOS RP Specifications & Images

The Canon Rumors post only states it looks like these are the confirmed specifications for the upcoming Canon EOS RP, so I assume the posted image isn't 100% guaranteed to be the final product either. If everything stated is correct however it does back up my suspicion regarding the lack of...
  11. bitm2007

Canon EOS RP Specifications & Images

Agreed, if the image resembles the final product it looks like it needs to be stretched upwards. It's obviously not got a built in flash, and it's doubtful if it has enough height to include a built in EVF and a 3.2 inch rear LCD like the original EOS R.
  12. bitm2007

5 axis IBIS coming to next Canon EOS R series camera [CR2]

True but a lighter (or maybe faster) RF version of the Canon's 24-70 f2.8 with IS will probably be around by the time a IBIS EOS R is released, leaving those with non IS Canon 24-70's still lagging behind on the image stabilisation front.
  13. bitm2007

Canon 24-70m f/4 L IS USM now just £329 ($423)

Currys PC World have back a Black Friday offer on the Canon 24-70m f/4 L IS USM, it's now just £329 after cashback using discount code CANON15. An amazing price for a great little L lens...
  14. bitm2007

Canon 5D Mark IV 2018 Black Friday sales

For those based in the UK Dale Photographic have reduced the price of EOS R to £2114.10, a saving of £234.90. https://www.dalephotographic.co.uk/canon/5678-canon-eos-r-mount-adapter-8714574659978.html?search_query=canon+eos+r&results=135 They also have the Canon EOS R Camera with 24-105mm Lens...
  15. bitm2007

The upcoming RF mount wide angle f/2.8L zoom will be wider than 16mm [CR2]

Time and market forces will tell, the fact that a f/4 lens (Canon RF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM) has already been launched at a similar release price as it's EF equivalent here in the UK gives me hope. As does the fact that Canon are heavily discounting a large proportion of their L range on this...
  16. bitm2007

The upcoming RF mount wide angle f/2.8L zoom will be wider than 16mm [CR2]

Yes f/4 is plenty fast enough for me, if a RF 12-35mm f/4 L or RF 14-35mm f/4 L is released for a similar price as the EF 16-35mm f/4 it would be the first lens i'd purchase after switching to mirrorless.
  17. bitm2007

Adobe Lightroom CC 8.0 Released with EOS-R Support

The has also been a major update to Photoshop CC (now version 20) with several new features added. https://www.adobe.com/products/photoshop/features.html?mv=product&mv2=accc#!
  18. bitm2007

Adobe Lightroom CC 8.0 Released with EOS-R Support

They have read the first page of the article.
  19. bitm2007

Is the Canon EOS 5DS series to be replaced by a mirrorless camera? [CR1]

The circular polarizer and ND filter adapters is of limited interest to me as you would sill need a holder attached to the front of the lens to use ND grads.
  20. bitm2007

Flagship EOS R camera coming in February ahead of CP+? [CR1]

The word flagship has been associated with the EOS 1D series since it was launched and the EOS 1 series of film cameras before that.