Search results

1. H

After some time what is the field report of EF100-400 Mk II?

I got my 100-400 II when they first came out and LOVE it! Sharp, dependable. It simply delivers!!!
  2. H

2 More Hummingbirds from Colombia!!

I have a cheap Dell monitor and the colors look fabulous. Only reason I still have sanity is the local hummers (Southeastern Pennsylvania) don't have the colors of those who live in warmer climes.
  3. H

which Canon crop-DSLR has best low-light noise at ISO 1600 ?

I regularly shoot my 70D at 1600. Including birds in flight, people, etc. I have made cropped 12 X 18 prints that show very little grain.
  4. H

Please share your snow/ Ice Photos with us in CR.

Beautiful shot.
  5. H

Bag Recommendations

I have a 100-400 II and 70D. I pack the lens in the case Canon provided and put it and my camera bag into a "school-type" backpack until I am ready to shoot. When not ready to shoot, I take the lens off the camera, attach caps, and put it into the Canon-provided bag. I would be nervous...
  6. H

Patent: EF-S 15-105 f/2.8-5.6 IS STM

My 24-105 IS STM is my 90% go-to lens on my 70D. Hope the 15-105 has same, or better (hard to do) IQ than the 24-105 and a similar price point.
  7. H

Canon U.S.A. Soars To New Heights As It Sponsors The Albuquerque International Balloon Fiesta

This is exciting! For something different, we planned a rail vacation tour that ends at the Albuquerque Balloon Festival. In the interim, I met a New Jersey balloonist at a PA balloon festival (that was curtailed due to winds) who plans to participate in the Albuquerque festival. I am looking...
  8. H

Costco, Sam's Club, Others Halt Photo Sites Over Possible Breach

As a retired IT manager with some training in security, I think the hackers are showing HUMAN weaknesses. It is far easier to implement technical security tools. People don't always follow procedures, they use simple passwords, they don't use strong encryption and other readily-available ways...
  9. H

Do you use the lenshood on the 100-400mm II?

I always use lens hood with my 100-400 II. It looks like protective filter may slightly affect sharpness so, in some circumstances, I will remove protective filter.
  10. H

BIRD IN FLIGHT ONLY -- share your BIF photos here

Shot at Cambridge, MD EOS70D 100-400 II, 1/6000 F 6.7 ISO 1000 and cropped
  11. H

24-70 f4 IS vs. 24-105 IS

Never owned the 24-70. Jumped in with the 24-105. Seems to work fine. See attached. I plan to shoot again later this year to get fall foliage.
  12. H

How satisfied are you with the 100-400 II?

Got mine last week. Took shots this past weekend. Image quality and auto-focus speed exceed my expectations. Unhappy that Canon did not implement autofocus on my new 70D with the 1.4 II TCE on the 100-400 II. Maybe magic will happen later.
  13. H

I *HATE* UPS.

I agree that UPS should do a better job. I ordered a 24-105 lens from Adorama. I found it on my front steps, in plain view from the street with the Adorama label broadcasting "camera stuff". Next morning. No doorbell, nothing to tell us to look. Fortunately, I am an early riser and found it...
  14. H

London Walkaround

Wife and I visited London last September. I used G1X and got great pics. Plan to go back someday.
  15. H

Anyone have the g1x and are happy with when your dslr is not around?

I have an old DSLR and a G11. I bought G1X for good image quality on our planned tour of Europe. I practiced before we left and am extremely pleased with the results. Did not have to lug heavy, big stuff. Got great pics. Others on trip had pocketable compacts and DSLRS. I have not compared...