Search results

1. f119a

Canon releases firmware v1.1.1 for the Canon EOS R6 Mark II

Any one updated? I noticed that the body with 1.0.0 is not displaying control ring function correctly when RF 15-30mm is attached. I hope it has been fixed in this firmware.
  2. f119a

Canon EOS R6 Mark II in stock at B&H Photo

Sure but on that day I probably need to go all the way down to Florida to get some sunshine
  3. f119a

Canon EOS R6 Mark II in stock at B&H Photo

I'm getting mine from BH tomorrow. (body only) ---- Unfortunately here it's raining all day and no outdoor shooting could be done. I do like the new photo/video switch.
  4. f119a

ProGrade launches new high-capacity Gold Series CFexpress Type B memory cards

I asked ProGrade and they said 'the item is not available for the moment'
  5. f119a

Canon USA launches new instant rebates on select Canon RF lenses, save up to $400!

if you're somewhere in the Quebec City or Montreal, I guess it won't be too hard to find someone in the NH ;)
  6. f119a

Canon EOS R6 Mark II already in prototype testing [CR1]

Sony has quit the sub $1k FF market entirely when they killed A7 II, and RP is just hanging there. They probably don't think the potential sales worth the effort and cost to develop another entry level FF and I assume Nikon has similar view too. Apparently all eyes are on vlog/video shooters and...
  7. f119a

Patent: Optical formulas for a trio of wide f/1.8 prime lenses for the RF-S mount

the CR guy got them wrong. We checked this patent like a month ago and the 24mm design is the current RF24
  8. f119a

Patent: Optical formulas for a trio of wide f/1.8 prime lenses for the RF-S mount

They are not aps-c lenses and that 24/1.8 is apparently what you get on the market. Check half angle of view.
  9. f119a

Patent: Canon RF APS-C pancake prime lens optical formulas

Well tell me why it is not the RF 16mm. and don't you know it'll pop out a bit at powering on?
  10. f119a

There are not APS-C lenses. Example 3 is the RF 16mm f/2.8 STM available on the street and I don't expect Canon to put the others into production at this time.
  11. f119a

These are all Full frame lenses. Image height is low due to their hugh amount of distortion. Just add the 20% distortion back and you get 21.8mm coverage (equiv.) Even though the RF 16mm is capable of covering the whole sensor at infinity, those extreme corners are stretched and thrown away...
  12. f119a

The third example is the acutal design of RF 16mm f/2.8 STM. The image height in patent is uncorrected data. And there's 20%+ distortion on all 4 designs - multiply 18.2 by 1.2 you got 21.8, which will cover full frame sensors.
  13. f119a

Canon Applies for 135mm f/2 Patent

Someone did the simulation and all kinds of aberations are low enough. If you need help reading the rayfan charts: https://www.handprint.com/ASTRO/ae4.html maximum scale is 20μm
  14. f119a

It's much better than assumption because manufactures uses the same software when they design something. I assume they wouldn't bother building a test lens if the result looks bad even on paper (to save cost of development). Simulation results of 'real lenses' seem consistent with their shooting...
  15. f119a

You are not really going to see much in patent itself. you need to put in the glass data etc into a simulation/design software like Zemax then you'll get a result, where you'll get all those MTFs and aberrations. Unfortunately the softwares are too expensive for me so I don't really know how to...
  16. f119a

The 4th design uses too many expensive lenses and it wouldn't be $1799 even if it were built one day. I'd say 2x$1799 is a more realistic goal comparing to similar lenses in the market...
  17. f119a

This one has wonderful bokeh and contrast. Color we wouldn't know at this stage (which depends on glass, coatings AND in-camera WB).
  18. f119a

The 4th design with IS performed really well optically - on par with 135GM and good enough for a 100MP CMOS - based on a simulation result I saw. However it could be much more expensive too (4x UD and 6 high-index/high-dispersion). I wouldn't be surprised at all if Canon mark it above $3k.
  19. f119a

New Canon EOS R3 orders may be delayed for more than 6 months

The cheapest camera you can still order from Nikon and Sony are... Zf c ($1100 kit) and a7 III (!). Canon is not a company with a history of going against the tide and they abandoned ships quicker than most of the manufacturers. I'm afraid "afforable cameras" (sub $1000) are gone like forever...
  20. f119a

Industry News: Sony halts production of the ZV-E10

So far we only know A7 II and A6400 fall into the "higher end" category, but they are not much more expensive. a7S III is slow and delayed but not halted.