Search results

1. R

Is the EOS 7D Mark II the last in the 7D series? We’re told that it is [CR1]

this seems to cover alot .. https://www.canonnews.com/new-rumor-the-7d-mark-iii-is-no-more I have to agree, this makes me sad if they dump the 7D, I went from the EOS-3 to the 20D, 30D, 40D, 50D, 7D, to the 7D Mark II.. I have zero interest in the 80D line.
  2. R

would be kind of impossible really for Canon to think this. none of the M bodies are weather sealed, and certainly none of the lenses are. then you have the fact that outside of maybe the 32mm 1.4 most of the lenses are not enthusiast / prosumer, but more consumer lenses.
  3. R

they can't easily. they would have to drop the articulating screen, then basically you'd have a 7D Mark III anyways. the pre 2009 camera basically turned into the 7D. The 60D was stripped down from the pre 2009. that's what it will be going forward it seems. this rumor seems to be stating...
  4. R

Patent: Canon RF 28mm f/1.8 & RF 50mm f/1.8

24mm may come, but the 40mm will never come for the RF mount.
  5. R

All new 24mp sensor coming to the next Canon ILC’s [CR1]

sure if you have magic scissors that cut each pixel in half for DPAF it was the exact same sensor as the 6D... :rolleyes:
  6. R

the crop factor for the FF 4K video has to do more with that is a 8-9MP crop from the center of the sensor. so with an APS-C camera, you still have a 8-9MP crop in the center, that doesn't change. So no, your theory is entirely flawed here.
  7. R

Another mention of a 70+ megapixel EOS R camera

so many myths. image dr will be approximately the same regardless of pixel density. shutter speeds will be approximately the same at comparable image sizes your lenses will perform better again, with comparable image sizes. the point is that 70MP allows you to oversample your image. 30MP...
  8. R

I realize that. but you didn't answer the question at all. MRAW has never provided those options in the past, ie: on the 5Ds / 5DsR,etc so why would they magically occur now? it's still the reading of the sensor, and the initial processing of 75mp that is the problem. there's zero in the way...
  9. R

MRAW options have never given us a speed increase in the past, why all of a sudden would it do so now?
  10. R

yes, you may as well forget about that. it's not just the sensor it's the processors that have to handle all that. Canon's only done that on their C700. it's not even in their CINI lineup that much, and they have cooling fans.
  11. R

probably not and why would this matter? if you want a smaller MP camera, this one is not for you. and yeah it's probably close enough to compare against the R at 30MP downsized, if you're intelligent about it. but this is for people that want big files, not people that are trying to make the...
  12. R

The Canon EOS M50 leads mirrorless camera sales in Japan for March 2019

didn't assume anything. chose 10% because the original post assumed the margins were the same. and for simplicity used 1 unit = 1%
  13. R

I Got bored so i decided to go back and do some REAL MATH on this. let's assume every % point is 1 unit for the sake of this illustration. Going by amazon japan current yen prices and we will assume that both units get 10% margins (which was your supposition) M50 - 64,050 Yen x 18.2 units =...
  14. R

Canon executives say a lot more coming in 2019

Canon does some fancy things with their video sensors, but it's not really comparable to stills. they basically do HDR in the video stream to create a wider DR video capability.
  15. R

Current unreleased Canon gear from certification agencies

are you seeing a "true sensor size" or just the 6000x4000? I just see the 6000x4000 unless i'm missing something.
  16. R

hard to say actually considering I do believe that Canon has more factory automation, and a huge economies of scale with the parts in the M50. so it's not basic math because you're not comparing apples to oranges.
  17. R

New mid-level DSLR and EOS M5 Mark II the next ILC’s from Canon? [CR1]

Technically I was responding in a sub thread conversion directly to someone, which is why I quoted them. It certainly had nothing to do with you. Even less to do with you because you obviously didn't read the entire sub thread to realize what was being talked about. I wasn't implying anything...
  18. R

1/6 to 1/4 EV is pretty negligible when you think about it.
  19. R

just out of curiosity why do you hope it's BSI? BSI by itself does very little for the sensor performance, especially with the relatively large pixels of a 24-26MP APS-C sensor. I see so many people asking and dreaming about it and it makes me curious to why