Search results

1. L

Canon USA increasing prices on select RF and EF lenses

I just found four in stock at Amazon at with the original price. I ordered one.
  2. L

Canon USA increasing prices on select RF and EF lenses

I just ordered the lens hood and Kirk L-bracket for the RF 800mm f/11yesterday. Today I decided from whom I would order the lens and the price has increased by 100$. That includes the lenses already in inventory at the vendors. This really sux. Talk about profiteering, this is it.
  3. L

Canon will announce the RF 16mm f/2.8 and RF 100-400mm next

They can't deliver the stuff they promised last year.
  4. L

Canon may introduce a new menu system in upcoming cameras [CR2]

My problem exactly. I waste a lot of time trying to figure out what selection is blocking the the selection that I am trying to implement.
  5. L

The next Canon EOS R5 firmware update is coming next month [CR2]

A menu item to switch off the moire filter. Scientists created firmware to electronically fix the Hubble focus, so I believe that Canon can implement firmware to eliminate the low pass filter.
  6. L

R5 Arrived

I read the same as you: the R5 shell is magnesium, but the R6 is not. The one thing I am sure of is that my R5 will never overheat from too much 8K video as long as I own it. That is probably true for most people. The exception being those people who really wanted a video camera that can...
  7. L

Share R5 delivery experience

I received mine this morning (7/30/20) shipped from B&H via FedX
  8. L

R5 Arrived

OMG, without any warning my new EOS R5 from B&H arrived by FedX at 10:30 A.M. this morning of 7/30/2020. What a surprise. I was just checking the photo sites online to see if shipments actually started on 7/30 as rumored. I could find no evidence that shipments had started. I was wondering...
  9. L

Armando Ferreira: Testing out the NEW Canon EOS R5 in a real world production environment.

My 5DSr has the option of still files in small, medium, and large RAW. Does R5 have this? My Z6 has an intervalometer, but it only works for shooting time delay video. Does the R5 intervalometer work with single still RAW? My Pentax K1 records RAW stills in Pentax format or in the universal...
  10. L

Armando Ferreira: Testing out the NEW Canon EOS R5 in a real world production environment.

The pandemic doesn't seem to have hampered the plethora of video reviews. How about an online R5 operators manual? That alone would answer most of my questions and it wouldn't spread any virus.
  11. L

This is funny. I hope it was meant as a joke. My old Canon F1 "just works", too.
  12. L

So far, I feel like I am running a gauntlet and am being beaten to death by reviews of R5 video capabilities. For the sake of logic and symmetry won't somebody please review this camera for a photographer, not a videographer.
  13. L

Review: Canon EOS R6 by DPReview

I'm not sure I trust that report. It is from DPR not Canon. The chart where this information appears is contained in the paragraph about how well IBIS works with IS. It is easy for me to suspect that an exuberant reporter would lump all the new RF lenses together as having IS installed. I...
  14. L

Review: Canon EOS R6 by DPReview

There are also some RF lenses that do not have IS installed in them. The 28-70 F/2.0 is one of them. I am considering a purchase but I want to know how much the IBIS alone will help to steady it.
  15. L

The Canon EOS R5 and EOS R6 will be announced in the first few days of July

Eventually, the prediction of "Next Month" will become reality.
  16. L

Is a 150mp Canon EOS R camera on the way? [CR1]

Maybe this rumored sensor is larger than the standard 35mm FF size. Or, it could be a Foveon type of sensor.
  17. L

Canon EOS R5 Specifications

Dueling card slots. An excellent concept.
  18. L

Canon EOS R5 Specifications

Why can't we get more R5 fat to chew on? What's the point of keeping the recipe secret at this point in time? There must be a lot of ingredients that will not change in the next few months.
  19. L

The Canon EOS R5 will have an SD & CFExpress slot [CR2]

You have it exactly right. Somebody will be complaining no matter what construction Canon offers. What I've seen of the R5 so far pleases me a lot.
  20. L

The Canon EOS R5 will have an SD & CFExpress slot [CR2]

Agreed. I do not need CFE to shoot stills most of the time. If I do need 20fps for birding or something I will quickly change to recording only on the CFE card.