Search results

1. T

Some deer - M6 Mk II

Did you use the original M6 before? If so how does the original compare with the Mark II? I had my mind set on an M6 Mark II, but realised that an RP with adapter isn't that much more expensive. I still have a selection of EF lenses and a full frame mirrorless would be interesting. I have no...
  2. T

Canon EOS M6 Mark II promotional video appears to have leaked

Thanks for your response. Yes, an A1 for my 21st birthday in 1981 started it all off. Canon film cameras until 2003. Canon DSLRs from 2004 (including a period with a Powershot S90) until I moved to EOS M in June 2013. I like EOS M for the same reasons as you. I loved the convenience of the S90...
  3. T

Canon EOS M6 Mark II full specifications

Presumably EX and not EL series Speedlites. The effects and filters are still a little disappointing. My old Powershot S90 had some really useful features - Color Swap, Stitch Assist and others. I've never found the toy camera effect, miniature effect, etc on EOS M cameras to be very useful. Not...
  4. T

Thanks for your response, but this isn't my issue. The dial is detented and it takes quite a lot of effort to move to each click. If I accidentally turned the dial while turning the camera off I would hear and/or feel the click. I don't. When I first started experiencing the problem, I thought...
  5. T

Regarding (1) Are you sure it is being changed accidentally? How do you think it is being accidentally changed and can you reproduce the problem? As you know, there are different ways of changing the ISO value on the M6. I've always had a problem with my M6 that the ISO changes on its own - yes...
  6. T

Cats!

New EOS R? Lucky man! I love the idea of cat cafes. There are no official ones where I live, but the owner of one cafe I go to has a lot of cats and lets them loose when I visit because she knows I like cats. I actually prefer the company of cats to many humans!
  7. T

Post-processing for stock photo submission

Quick update for anyone interested. Out of 20 images submitted, 10 were accepted, 9 rejected, and waiting for a decision on 1 more. Three rejected for intellectual property violations - a person, a building and a mural. Three for lack of aesthetic or commercial appeal - fair enough. Two for...
  8. T

Cats!

Beautiful kittens! I met this one recently - she had been abandoned on the street and was taken in, which was fortunate for her. How could anyone abandon a cat like this? Unfortunately, in Thailand, many cats and dogs are left on the street or discarded in temples. It's so sad.
  9. T

The images I uploaded were noise-free and sharp (but not massively saturated). "Commercial value" is highly subjective. The editor of an in-flight magazine contacted me earlier this year requesting a specific image from my website for an article they were writing. It was one of my poorest photos...
  10. T

Labdoc, thanks for a quick reply. It reminds me of listening to audio systems years ago. The shops played demo systems with tone controls turned up to the max. The sound was impressive in the shop, but very fatiguing if you listened that way all the time. These oversaturated images look catchy...
  11. T

I'm trying my hand at some stock photography again. My experience with Fotolia wasn't very successful and I'm hoping Adobe Stock will be better. I think I have just made my first mistake. I spent some time today post-processing 20 images and concentrating on keywords. No matter how good a photo...
  12. T

Is there a teleconverter for ef-m lenses on M5?

Not as far as I know. I've seen some third party EF-M extension tubes, but so far have never seen any EF-M teleconverters.
  13. T

Birding With An M6

No, probably not the first body with which you would choose to go birding, but it's not impossible. I had 3-4 hours by myself on a family trip to try to capture some local birdlife. My tripod and FD 300mm f/4 with FD 1.4x extender were a waste of time and unnecessary weight. Birds don't tend to...
  14. T

Canon Rumors is watching

Sanj, I'm in the deep south near the Malaysian border, but I'll be in Bangkok in June. See how your timing works out. The Internet is all a bit sinister, as was highlighted in the recent Facebook/Cambridge Analytica scandal. Information about you is harvested constantly and fed into Big Data...
  15. T

Canon Rumors is watching

Sanj, as Neuro says it's Google, not CR. Adsense used to be contextual, that is, ads for camera stuff would be shown on a site like this, but then interest based advertising (IBA) took over. If you search for something, you are then bombarded with ads for that subject wherever you go. I find it...
  16. T

Is the EF 70-200mm f/4L IS II Still Being Announced This Month?

The f/2.8 is also very big and very heavy. No thank you. The rumors on this site are normally quite accurate, but I was surprised with this particular one because the lens it will replace is already excellent - I've had mine since 2006. The only criticism I hear is noisy IS, but that hardly...
  17. T

Venus Optics Announces 4 New Lenses, Including 100mm f/2.8 2:1 Macro for Canon

The 100mm macro sounds interesting, especially as "no chromatic aberration can be found" and 2:1 magnification. Probably a lot cheaper than the EF 100mm macro and I doubt that Venus charges $172 for a tripod collar. No mention of IS. I've just started using my EF 100mm f/2.8L IS macro again...
  18. T

Dunning Kruger Effect: Why Insecure People Can’t Take Good Photos

Really? It's been all over the Internet for a while now, a term often used with the name of the current POTUS.
  19. T

Canon uk price increase

Just looked at the price on one of the websites that I buy equipment from in Thailand - other places may be cheaper. The price is 16,800 Thai Baht - at current exchange rates 382 UKP, and the exchange rate is very low at the moment - has been ever since the Brexit referendum. Even so, this is...
  20. T

Canon PowerShot G12 lost underwater ...

... for 2 years and still functioning when found. This is a great advertisement for its underwater housing! https://www.taiwannews.com.tw/en/news/3393425