Search results

1. E

Canon EOS R5 Mark II Specifications

Kind of sounds like a full frame higher megapixel offering than the Fujifilm X-H2S but without a mechanical shutter. I would keep the R5 in this case. The faster readout is great, but overkill if over 30mp images. Memory cards, and hard drives fill up fast if you are shooting at even...
  2. E

Yongnuo to release Canon RF 35mm F2.0

Canon denying Sigma, Tamron, and Tokina and giving RF mount to these cheaper made brands with no customer support, or history just seems whack to me. Not saying the current AF 3rd party options are all bad, but they certainly are not the best lenses optically, and certainly not for customer...
  3. E

At least three new lenses to be announced ahead of CP+

I agree, RF Fisheye for Olympics. Skateboarding coming again, and Horigome Yuto previous gold medalist shoots all the time with Canon explorer of light Atiba Jefferson.
  4. E

Canon RF 24-105mm f/2.8L IS USM Z to be announced this week

Maybe the z means this is the "end all" lens. With the higher megapixel cameras, you can crop in enough, the 24-105 will cover 98% of all photos ever posted to the internet and the corresponding focal length according to exif metadata. Keep your ultra wides, buy this 24-105 and the new...
  5. E

Update on the Canon RF 200-800mm f/6.3-9 IS USM

Imagine a push pull lens without weather sealing. Sounds like it will suck up dust.
  6. E

Update on the Canon RF 200-800mm f/6.3-9 IS USM

Making the lens white, means the product designers are taking into account the elements. Hopefully this is weather sealed and just without an flourite element thus losing the L designation. It could be a very productive lens for surf photography if weather sealed.
  7. E

Canon is actively conducting market research on a “retro” style camera body

F-1, A-1, AE-1, T80, EOS-1. Those are some of the best looking cameras ever. Give me current eos R5 specs with one card slot, and camera should be plenty useable for next 8 years.
  8. E

Canon Speedlite EL-10 rumored for later this year [CR2]

After owning 4x Canon 550ex and using them for 15 years, I switched over to GODOX and not been disappointed.
  9. E

Does Canon have plans to release a ‘retro’ styled EOS R camera in the future?

lets see some rangefinders. Canon could compete with an X-Pro offering or GFX R series offering, probably do it lighter, have some more pancake options, and be a great travel tool.
  10. E

Canon EOS R5 Mark II going to 60mp? [CR1]

lets make higher mega pixel so the only lenses that will resolve it are 3000 usd or more. That will keep profits high. or thats what we will tell everyone. ;)
  11. E

SmallRig announces LP-E6NH battery for Canon, priced at $39.99 USD.

I use ROWA Japan for third party. No errors and get the H+ modes.
  12. E

Canon EF-EOS R mount adapters are going up in price

In the mother land Japan, cheapest pricing is the following: standard version is $81.20. Control ring version is $163.59. Drop in PLC is $245.42. All prices including tax, often available with 8-10% points back. New bodies however are basically same as overseas. Sometimes more. Exchange...
  13. E

An RF Zoom fisheye is coming [CR2]

I want this too. The EF 180 3.5L is a great lens, but i like the build of RF as they are more modern
  14. E

An RF Zoom fisheye is coming [CR2]

yes, but the old 15mm 2.8 cannot do sequences in the high speed rate (Mechanical shutter). Other than that, I prefer it over the 8-15mm which I sold.
  15. E

The Canon EOS R5 Mark II is closer to a reality than Canon’s claims

Could it possible have external recording to an iphone via Canon special app in 8k unlimited? Only limits would be the storage of the iphone and what speed a back up could load onto icloud? Two camera models like Fuji does with the X-H2 and X-H2S. One stills 80MP, other speed 45MP stacked...
  16. E

Canon RF 200-500mm f/4L IS USM confirmed, likely in Q4 [CR3]

A lens for pro level sports photographers (NFL, MLB, NHL) but NBA probably more 100-300mm. than 200-500mm
  17. E

Canon RF 100-300mm f/2.8L IS USM will start shipping on May 31, 2023

Yeah, bummed out on the price too, I am consider to get the Sigma135mm art 1.8, Canon 200mm F2.0L, and Canon 300mm 2.8L IS II. Its 3 lenses instead of one, but those are all good performers and faster optically.
  18. E

It’s time to fill those memory cards. Canon releases firmware v1.8.1 for the Canon EOS R5. 400mp stills are now possible

Japan has many earthquakes. Tokyo has subways and trains everywhere. Good luck getting this to work in Japan.
  19. E

It’s time to fill those memory cards. Canon releases firmware v1.8.1 for the Canon EOS R5. 400mp stills are now possible

Just use a telephoto with tripod with good head, and stitch raw together in post to get a DNG file. The R5 can only do it in post anyway. So if they this is post processed, its the same as doing it manually without a zoom lense.
  20. E

Are 400mp stills coming to the Canon EOS R5?

Can't wait for my laptop to get the spinning Beachball.