Search results

1. D

Kenko extension tubes

I have now solved the problem. Everything now seems ok when I firstly connect the tubes(s) to the camera then attach this combination to the lens. This is the opposite to the procedure used for my 1.4x extender. DavidR
  2. D

Kenko extension tubes

I`ve used EOS Utility before with my 100mm L macro lens and I was able to control the focussing with the computer. I have just purchased a set of Kenko automatic extension tubes and I`ve found that with them attached I can move the focus point in one direction only! Taking the tubes off and just...
  3. D

Canon's unsuccessful sensor cleaning on a 5D Mark IV

Dear all Today I cleaned the sensors on my two 5D2 cameras. I had originally thought they were both pretty clean but I discovered a large number (c.30) spots on one sensor whilst editing in Lightroom. The reason I discovered the spots was that I used the Prolost dehaze plug-in for the first time...
  4. D

Scotland trip

Hello I hope I can help; I lived in Glasgow for over 40 years and I`ve explored most parts of Scotland (and written about them), including Edinburgh. I would suggest you have two main choices as you only have 1 day: either Edinburgh or Glasgow. If you want to see Glasgow then the main places...
  5. D

720,000 attempts to perfection

He`s not North American; he`s from Dumfries and Galloway in Scotland as the newspaper article states. They breed them tough down there.
  6. D

Scotland trip for birding - advice please

Hello I live in Connel, near Oban on the west coast of Scotland. I can thoroughly recommend a trip to Lunga, one of the Treshnish Islands. There are organised trips that involve a ferry trip from Oban to Mull then a bus journey and a boat to Lunga and Staffa (famous for Fingal`s Cave). The most...
  7. D

monopods and telephoto lenses

hello again. I took up the suggestion of a tripod collar and splashed out on the genuine Canon model (tripod mount ring A II (W)). It has really changed the balance of the camera + lens and it makes it far easier to keep the combination steady. I also purchased a spare plate (for my Manfrotto...
  8. D

The comment from Hillsilly made me think about a tripod collar to help the balance. After looking at reviews I decided to buy the Canon AIIW from Wex in the UK (much much cheaper than Amazon!!). Once I`ve tried it I`ll add my comments about its usefullness.
  9. D

hello again I`m pleased none of the replies questioned the use of IS. I tried some experiments focussing on an aerial about 20m away. Keeping the ISO and aperature constant and only varied the shutter speed. At 1/100s there was a bit of a blur. At 1/200s it seemed fine. I thought that with...
  10. D

I am using a 5D2 and a 70-200mm f4 L IS lens with a monopod. I leave the IS switched on. Many of my pictures don`t seem to be as sharp as I expect. Any suggestions ?