Search results

1. M

More about the upcoming high-megapixel EOS R system camera [CR2]

No, but I doubt that you pin-point the exact focus point, its always a rough guess and there is some clustering happenig anyhow. If speed is of concern, then I can imagine some speed options to adjust the behaviour. The touch bar implementation was a deal breaker for me and if a similar approach...
  2. M

More about the upcoming high-megapixel EOS R system camera [CR2]

I would prefer the classic joystick which is on the 5dsr. For me its the perfect layout anyway, why change it. Perhaps a bigger LCD-screen would be nice (tilty flippy like in the G12).
  3. M

Further confirmation that the RF 15-35mm f/2.8L IS & RF 24-70mm f/2.8L IS are coming in September

Yeah, that's what I meant in writing "limiting to one ecosystem."
  4. M

Further confirmation that the RF 15-35mm f/2.8L IS & RF 24-70mm f/2.8L IS are coming in September

I will wait for the Pro EOS R to come out and descide then, if I will go that path. Definitly will wait for some comparisons with the EF counterparts to descide as well. EF can be attached on so many brands now, that going RF is kind of limiting it again to one ecosystem. At least when it comes...
  5. M

Patent: Eye-controlled autofocus for mirrorless cameras

I am not sure how that feature would make sense to me, at least for now. I am constantly looking around, so I have to stare in one direction to tell the camera I want focus in that area? The FRO would focus all over the place with his rapid eye movement.:) Since I love more the tactile nature of...
  6. M

"Nikkei reports Canon's profit projections are twice as bad as it anticipated"

1.) Smartphone features doesn't mean "the whole smartphone". I mean ....really. At least I don't want to take calls with my camera, perhaps your mileage may vary there...but that would be kind of dumb.. 2.) Another way could be to improve or change the device in a way to make it stand out...
  7. M

First point: More the other way around, smartphone features in a camera. Second point: I don't understand your answer?? The loss has been reported this year and the last year. I bought my stuff a few years back, so its not in this years report. If I would have bought new stuff from canon, I...
  8. M

Question is why. And that's what I tried to explain. If there was a good combination of price+features+demand+unique selling points it would be a winner and the loss would be not that big. If the main competitor is the smartphone market, as ist often said here and in the media, why not implement...
  9. M

In parts. I guess it will be many factors, quality of the product is one of them. Lets say it this way: There is a good chance that a product which is not fullfilling the customers needs (competition offers more features for less money, too expensive, not enough to buy the next thing because the...
  10. M

SIGMA announces three DC DN prime lenses for the EF-M mount

the made an announcment for a smal FF camera as well
  11. M

Three new RF prime lenses coming in early 2020 [CR2]

I don't understand the big hype for RF lenses neither. Granted, they are very good, and the announced lenses sound very promising. But: EF glas can be adapted to lots of different camera types (Panasonic, Sony, soon Nikon), which gives a lot of freedom in choosing camera bodys. Adapting RF glas...
  12. M

Preorder: Canon EOS RP camera and kits

I rest my case as this is exactly the tone I am referring to!
  13. M

He answered: "...nor probably for most potential buyers of the EOS RP." He used that sentence to support his argument about the importance of DR. In doing so he suggests that this statement is true, or at least for the most part, otherwise that part would have been useless to write. He suggests...
  14. M

Total misinterpretation of my point.
  15. M

I doubt that you have information about buying decisions or did a poll about buying decisions for a specific camera model. So there goes your assumption about customers buying what and why and why not in general. Pure speculation as ILC market share says something about a type not a make or...
  16. M

Says who? Unproven alternative facts? Just let us speak for ourselfs and be done with it. Everybodys mileage may vary.
  17. M

Two Canon EOS R series bodies coming in 2019 [CR2]

Stumbled upon this article: https://www.lensrentals.com/blog/2013/09/there-is-no-free-lunch-episode-763-lens-adapters/ This doesn't seem good for adapted L glass on R body when it comes to picture quality... Makes me worried a bit...
  18. M

Canon EOS RP to cost $1599? [CR1]

Lower specs than EOS R? That's...wow...Looking at the competition a very odd move.
  19. M

Canon Inc. full year 2018 financial results, and thoughts on the industry and future goals

And that is what I am trying to say: If cameras stay the way they are now, they have a hard time competing, at least in the entry market. More things and computational power have to show up in order to see eye to eye with smartphones. And yes, pricepoint is also one aspect. If you can get a...