Search results

1. D

Compact camera options?

Interesting. I hadn't considered a G1Xiii. Specs, size and appearance all look good. Happy to look at used in good condition, as I had already concluded I wouldn't get anything comparably good. Struggling to find any G1Xiii for £500, whether in stores or even ebay at the moment.
  2. D

Compact camera options?

I've been in a bit of a rut photography wise, since the beginning of Covid in 2020 really. My current setup is as follows: Canon 7Dii Tokina 11-20 f2.8 Canon 24-105 f4 L Canon 70-200 f2.8ii Canon ef-s24mm f2.8 pancake Canon 40mm f2.8 pancake After a lot of searching and thinking, at least some...
  3. D

Cars cars cars (and some bikes)

Very nice series V8Beast!
  4. D

crop sensor wide angle upgrade options

Currently have a Tokina 12-24mm F4 X-Pro II ultra wide zoom. While it suits my needs very well for the range, it suffers a lot from distortion and softness away from the centre. I don't use it a lot (last use was November 2017) but I'm thinking of upgrading it to something with better...
  5. D

Stumbled across this spotless gem in the supermarket carpark this week. Sadly I couldn't hang around for the owner to come out, but it looked just as good inside as it did outside. Buick Eight by Matt, on Flickr
  6. D

Post Your Best Landscapes

Having finally gotten round to conducting some AFMA, and had time and inclination to take photos for the first time in about 6 months, I went looking or some landscapes, shot in the middle of the day so really harsh light. Heybridge Basin by Matt, on Flickr Heybridge Basin by Matt, on Flickr
  7. D

Military Aircraft: airshows, operational, whatever, lets see what you have!

Wow! Sadly I will be at work, but they are due to fly right over where I live...just a little too far from where I work :( Think I may try to beg off work for a long lunch if the weather looks promising!
  8. D

Cruise Liner send off in style.

I have been over a few times over the years, we usually go view the Lymington Ferry though. Can't resist a trip to the Needles.
  9. D

Thanks :) Not quite the same place then, I was about halfway along the pier where the RedJet departs from. Always a great choice to capture fireworks with reflections over the water :)
  10. D

Black & White

I really like the Breakwater shot dpc, great composition, something to look at everywhere without being distracting.
  11. D

Not sure what the liners were, taken while waiting for a bonfire display in 2015. From possibly the very same spot Graham stood to take his in the first post! Untitled by Matt, on Flickr
  12. D

Your favourite motorsports events

Great photos Graham, I must get back to Goodwood one day, looks like it was fun, if on the cold side! Nice series Roo, particularly like the first.
  13. D

Great photos Stewart K. Sad to say I completely missed the race due to prior commitments. Fully intend to watch Daytona though.
  14. D

Mountains, Lakes and Rivers

Thanks, Click, dpc and Nat_WA :)
  15. D

Black and White Landscapes!

Thanks Click :)
  16. D

Mountains, Lakes and Rivers

Had a play with a polariser, hence the uneven sky tone. Heybridge Basin in Essex, UK Heybridge Basin by Matt, on Flickr Heybridge Basin by Matt, on Flickr Heybridge Basin by Matt, on Flickr
  17. D

Black and White Landscapes!

Its been a while since I've seen my local river so calm. Heybridge Basin by Matt, on Flickr Heybridge Basin by Matt, on Flickr
  18. D

Thought I'd keep the Red Arrows to a separate post... 9. RAF Red Arrows by Matt, on Flickr 10. I kind of feel this manoeuvre doesn't work as well as a photo if you're not head on to them... RAF Red Arrows by Matt, on Flickr 11. RAF Red Arrows by Matt, on Flickr 12. RAF Red Arrows by...
  19. D

Hi all. Been a while, my turn to spam the thread, have a few photos from Clacton Airshow back in August. 1. MIG 15 by Matt, on Flickr 2. MIG 15 and a pair of Vampires flying in formation! Not something I expected to see...or would want to have seen a few decades ago... Vampire Pair and Mig...