Search results

1. Khufu

Horrific 80D build quality; creaky, brittle grip... normal?!

https://youtu.be/DYIspuDV3yI Does everybody else's do this? It's gone straight back, hoping the eBay importer folk don't put up too much of a battle and just refund me in full... this isn't suitable for supporting its own weight, nevermind trusting it with a 400mm prime! It's like they forgot...
  2. Khufu

Quirky, yellow dSLR used by press ''tog

I know how everyone loves a wee challenge on here, thought I'd ask for thoughts on the yellow camera body I just spotted amongst the press photographers at the front... What do we reckon it is? Is it a generally available model? I'm thinking it's possibly just another industry standard pro...
  3. Khufu

Couple o' Qs! How's the 15-45mm?... video crop on 24mp sensor??

Heya, guuuiz! The 3-10x video crop jazz is generally back with us now, right? Is it definitely present in the M3?! (re: Canon's odd history with adding and removing this feature; it reappeared in the M2, was dropped last minute from the M1... plus crazy in-out-in Rebel model confusion since the...
  4. Khufu

Off-Topic from the start: Off Topic Forum?! :D

Hellooo! I occasionally message members because I'm curious about their interests, vocations, projects etc but it would be great to be able to chat more openly with whichever forum members have shared interests or 2 cents to chip in... I'd love to see an Off-Topid/General Chat/Hang-Out forum...
  5. Khufu

Can we see some BOUNCE?! :D :: M3 Flash, pleeease?!

I'm just wondering if this should be in the gallery type forum, but we can discuss it here, too, and I think there may be more chance of catching the attention of M3 users here so... Hello! I love the tiny bounce flash idea, I did a similar thing using the tiny Samsung flashes with a third...
  6. Khufu

So I think I'll "make" (modify) me that EOS M Focal Reducer w/AF & Aperture :D

the optics aren't great but I have an EF-NEX focal reducer for Sony cameras and I'm selling on the disappointing A7S, think I might see if I can use the connectors and bayonet plate off my first (dismantled/dead) 22/2 and get this thing autofocusing and controlling the aperture just like the...
  7. Khufu

// Tilt Shift! // Favourite Articles & Advice, Tools, Observations and Works? :)

Heya guuuuuiz! I've been threatening to "seriously" look into Tilt/Shift photography for a while, for architecture, landscape and environment-oriented modelled shots, thus far I've only really made the "unserious" outsider-looking-in efforts of someone telling themselves it's all a bit...
  8. Khufu

Prime Lens... Move away, focus closer... Move further... Zoooom! (?!)

This is fun! I'm sure lots of you do (or don't) get the whole "lenses focus light" thing and are aware (or aren't) that if you hold a Canon* lens between a light bulb and a piece of paper you'll likely see an unfocused blob of light projected onto the paper, which with a bit of jiggling will...
  9. Khufu

Canon EF Film Photography Bodies (amongst others) in the 202nd Decade, AD!

Heya guuuiz! Picking up on thoughts and efforts I made in around Summer 2012 I'm wondering what everyone's thoughts & opinions, approach, application of, workflow etc. is regarding Canon's EF system as developed for film photography in the present day or relatively recent times? Also, any...
  10. Khufu

Real-World Resolving-Power?... FF, APS-C/H, Extenders?..

In short: What are the best solutions regarding ultimate resolving power, looking at real world results cropped to display the same subject at the same size? I'm asking because after a bit of questionably-scientific-ish testing, I'm not sure the 70D shoots any more detailed images than the 5D3...
  11. Khufu

Samyang/Rokinon/Megatron 50mm T1.5 thingy's selling soon...

I don't think this has been covered yet so, er... Pow! http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1077535-REG/rokinon_ds50m_c_50mm_t1_5_as_umc.html
  12. Khufu

Ever such Rumours as APS-C, Low Density, Low MP sensors?...

Has it ever been rumored for their to be prototypes in testing of what would essentially be a physical 1.6x crop of a FF sensor, allowing the ISO capabilities of the 6D/5D3 in, say, an EOS M or xxD body? I'd love me an EOS M with 6-9 megapixels of low light goodness! Thoughts? Would this be...
  13. Khufu

"OMFG" @ Realising I have 16mm f/2.4 and 30mm f/2 pancakes almost EOS M ready!

I've been frustrated and unsettled on this for so long; EOS M Vs Samsung NX1000... I say these because I have them here - I like to shoot FAST and love the NX offerings of the 16mm f/2.4 and 30mm f/2 pancakes - the 16mm can get amazing close-ups with wiiide backgrounds, the 30mm just makes...
  14. Khufu

Back/Front Focusing: a Lens Issue, not Body?...

Whenever I catch people talking about f/b focus, the lens manufacturer always seems to have the fingers pointed at them... but I don't understand why! I'm open to being schooled here, really, but if the camera has a sensor which detects that a subject is in focus at its distance from the glass...