Search results

1. C

Canon makes non-profit CDPs Climate A-List for first time

Canon made the non-profit CDPs Climate A-List for the first time obviously because of their nonprofitability from last quarter.
  2. C

Analyzing where Canon lags behind in the market - Share your thoughts

My photography partner uses the 85 1.2 and compared to my Milvus 85 1.4, it's not even close. The Canon is not even in the same category when it comes to shooting wide open, sharpness, contrast or color rendition and the canon cost more. "Oh, but the canon has autofocus", give me a break... be a...
  3. C

SIGMA Announces the 24-35mm F2 DG HSM Art

I am a portrait photographer and it would nice if Sigma were to release a proper portrait Art lens.
  4. C

6D Mark II speculation...

I would like to see a body solely dedicated to still photography. With the removal of the video functions, hopefully canon would add more still functions without an increase in cost. I have never taken a video with my dslr and I am sure that there others out there like me.
  5. C

Poll: Would you buy a high MP Canon EOS 5DIV?

Bring on a high MP 5D!!! Those that say it won't work for photojournalists or sports photographers because the files are too large and would take up too much card space, I say this... Can't one select the size of the RAW file they want to use? I thought so... Problem solved. Why is this even a...
  6. C

Another Nikon full-frame

I am doing my best, to understand why it is a bad thing for a company to give consumers a choice. I wish that Canon would give us choices like this. Its great that Canon offers a bunch of different lenses, but not ok for Nikon to offer a bunch of different cameras? That is hypocrisy to me.
  7. C

Sigma 50mm f/1.4 Art Available for Preorder

If more reviews come out like SLR Gear's, will Canon and Nikon step up their game or will they just admit defeat? Sigma is making it really difficult it even consider a 35mm or 50mm from another manufacturer.
  8. C

SLR Gear gets hold of a Sigma 1.4 Art to review

Here's the link. http://slrgear.com/reviews/showproduct.php/product/1677/cat/30?utm_medium=referral&utm_source=pulsenews
  9. C

Nikon 1 v3: servo af @20fps w/ 105 af points + 40 raw buffer ...

Isn't this nothing more than capturing stills from video?
  10. C

What Happened to the Photography Industry in 2013?

What happened to the Photography Industry? The Economy is what happened to the Photography Industry.
  11. C

Military Aircraft: airshows, operational, whatever, lets see what you have!

Still operational B-25 mitchell during preflight checks.
  12. C

Gura Gear Launches New Color for Bataflae

I've owned several rucksacks, but settled on the Lowepro Flipside 400. The security features alone it provides, with its body-side access, makes it hard to even consider other bags.
  13. C

Fee for shooting a College game?

I shot a few boxing matches and some sports festivals and have come to the realization that athletes are cheap.
  14. C

Vote for T1i, SL1 or 6D

I own both the 6D and a T1 and to be honest, the T1 never leaves my closet anymore. I've shot a few boxing matches and the high ISO capabilities of the 6D alone, makes this a no brainer. Most of the pictures of the matches taken with the T1, were virtually useless. Some people say the 6D has AF...
  15. C

Is this a Canon EOS 3?

Is this a fake body that Sigma put out?
  16. C

Black and White Landscapes!

Just happened to be driving by this town and decided to pull over and take a picture.
  17. C

Appeal of Nikon Df

I like the concept of the camera. No video, only stills. I have not ever used the video mode on my camera. Actually, it would be nice if Canon could have used that space for more still photography features. Thats why I bought the camera in the first place.
  18. C

Teasers are over: new retro Nikon FF Body finally outed

Nikon dF not offering video functions When buying a new camera, how much weight do you put into its video capturing functions, if any?
  19. C

Tamron lens

They only repair in Commack, NY, but they are really quick.
  20. C

Is Facebook worth it?

Just because I don't like to put my life out on Facebook for everyone to see, doesn't mean I wouldn't want my business out there for everyone to see. Most people of a certain age, are known to say unwarranted things about Facabook as a whole. They didn't grow up with a calculator, let alone...