Search results

1. FEBS

Canon EOS-1D X Mark III manual available for download

13th, the stores will get them, so I do expect a phone call from my Belgium store tomorrow to pick-up the new ones :). Fingers crossed, but this weekend I should be shooting with a least one Dx III.
  2. FEBS

Post your best Europe photos

South of Sevilla there is a national park with many birds to spot. I marked this already on my todo list for visiting within the next years. Have a look at http://www.donanabirdguides.com Francois
  3. FEBS

Bordeaux - France

Very nice, need to go back one time
  4. FEBS

Your uncomfortable photography, WHY?

A few years ago, I was following a photography education. One of the task we need to do was street photography. Never felt that uncomfortable wit my gear as that moment. For sure if you are a men and want to photograph on the street. Didn't take any picture of kids at that session. A funeral as...
  5. FEBS

What is more important to you?

I'm 54 now. As long as I can I will use FF. I really like the 1 and 5 series of Canon. To be honnest, I'm really addicted to FF. If I can't use the 1 or 5 series anymore due to its weight, I will look around for other FF like Sony Rx1. I don't expect that within the next 10 to 15 years. I hope...
  6. FEBS

100-400L IS I vs 400L/5.6 for beginner wildlife/birds/sports

Neuro, Of course, if you compare the 70-200 and 100-400 against the 70-200 and 2xIII extender. Then the last has for sure a weight advantage. I understood however as travelling light as taking one lens in that case, and then I would definitely go for the 100-400 seen as a birder/wildlife. I...
  7. FEBS

100-400L IS I vs 400L/5.6 for beginner wildlife/birds/sports

Really ?? The 70-200 II is almost the same weight as the 100-400 II. So the weight of the extender is on top of that. Also the 70-200II with 2xIII extender is not that good. Image quality is much better of the 100-400II. So, the only gap is 70-100 then but that seems no problem to me. When I...
  8. FEBS

Show your Bird Portraits

Last year in Uganda (Kisoro) I took a photo of this sunbird. Can someone tell me which type of sunbird this might be? The Purple-breasted sunbird ? Thx a lot, Francois
  9. FEBS

EF 200-400 OR 5D MK IV?

I will pass you my experience there about. I don't own the 5Div but do have 2x 1DxII, 5Diii and also 7D2. I also have 100-400II and 200-400. During the last three years I visited Zimbabwe, Botswana, Uganda and Costa Rica and did several safaris in all those areas. First time on safari I did use...
  10. FEBS

A few Birds from Guyana...

As always, beautiful shots Glenn
  11. FEBS

Canon EF 600mm f/4 DO IS To Arrive in Late 2017 [CR2]

But that means that I could use my Gura Gear Bataflae 26L Backpack for travelling instead of the 32L. The last one with 600/f4 II and 1Dx is really critical as handluggage on the airplane, as it is not always permitted from every airline. I now kneed the 32L so that my 600f4 can fit inside, but...
  12. FEBS

Newbies! Great bird practice!

Don't forget another very important issue. Study the bird you want to track. Do they fly only for short distances, do they come back regular to the same branch, .... Knowing your gear is one point. Knowing your subject is another. You must be able to predict, to get that great shot. Today I...
  13. FEBS

Upgrade: 1Dx to mark II

Hi Mario, Something to try out. My 2.0 extender is only taking dust the last year. On 600mm I can use iT, but on the 200-400 I defenitely skipped iT. When back from Costa rica, I will give iT a try against on the 200-400. Francois
  14. FEBS

Upgrade: 1Dx to mark II

Hi Dylan, For me iT was the f8 on much more points as previously the center point of the 1dx. Besides that also the build-in gps tagging And flicker detection. Sorry to yearly that Your new lens did not fulfill your expectations. I am not married with Canon, but yes I invested a lot of € in...
  15. FEBS

Canon EOS 7D Mark II AF Issues

Just forget it. The 1Dx is a real machine gun. You will hear it from far. Also 1DxII is still loud compared with 5D3 or 7D2.
  16. FEBS

CPW Says $3,499 for 5D4

And then the 5D mk5 will be almost on he shelf. Or you could buy the 5D mk3 kit right now perhaps. ;D
  17. FEBS

7D II - what are your recipes for birds?

Do have a look at the website of Glenn Bartley. ( http://www.glennbartley.com ). He has several ebooks with very good explanation how to photograph birds. He just posted a few hours ago a thread on this site called "birds from brazil"...
  18. FEBS

Birds from Brazil

Phenomenal. What a detail. What a nice series, and even a lot more in your added link. I see you used 7D mkII and 600II lens for these photos. Still struggling with my 7D mkII to get that quality. No problem to get it with the 1Dx. So yesterday evening I was reading again your ebook "The guide...
  19. FEBS

*UPDATED* Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Specifications & Image

Re: Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Specifications I had last week info that 5D4 will be deliverable in September 2016. Seems to be the only info that Canon was prepared to give at that moment.
  20. FEBS

5D mkIV upgrade

I upgraded a few weeks ago my 2 1Dx to 1Dx mkII. No, not because I'm interested in video. But the AF is improved. The AF points at F8 now 61 points compared to previous 1 point gives me a lot more of composition freedom. The build in GPS tagging, the flicker detection was what I needed. The...