Search results

1. hovland

CFexpress card cracking in R5

Hello I recently discovered that my 256GB CFexpress card had cracked open, after 7 months of use. I’m only an enthusiast and I’m treating my gear carefully, and the card has only ever spent time either in the camera or card reader, and was never dropped etc. So it was a big surprise to me...
  2. hovland

Angelbird Announces CFexpress with high MINIMUM sustained write speed

I observed that Angelbird has released some new interesting CFexpress cards, ref https://www.techpowerup.com/271643/angelbird-announces-cfexpress-2-0-type-b-media-cards AV PRO CFexpress cards, promise a minimum sustained speed of 1000 MB/s (256gb 550 MB/s) ( for the entire capacity of the card...
  3. hovland

Scanning Negatives and Slides, scanner ore macro?

I’m I serious doubt whether to by a film scanner ore to by a macro lens and use my 5d IV for digitization of my negatives and slides. I don’t have that many slides ore negatives, but still some. Initially I was looking for a Braun fs120 ore a similar, but after reading some review’s I’m in...
  4. hovland

5D MK IV, memory card for 4k

Hello got my MK IV, a week ago, and my initial conclusion about the camera is great. But I discovered that the 4k video recordings did have a sound glitch/hang every 5 seconds. I have a Lexar 128gb 1000x CF card. And I was I but surprised that this card was not up to the task. Tried to...
  5. hovland

10 bit graphics card ??

Do 10-bit monitors realy require a Quadro/Firepro card? Can’t find any spec on a normal Radeon/GeForce card that says it support 10-bit colors.
  6. hovland

Maintenance advice on F-1n

Hi I’m seeking advice on how to best take care of an F-1n. It has been in the family since new, but the owner died a year or two after he purchased it. It has since been left in the locker and more or less forgotten. Camera seems to be in very good condition, and seems to work fine.