Search results

1. M

Canon EOS R5 Mark II Specifications

I have an R5 and find that the shutter provides a good degree of protection against dust when changing lenses. Hopefully, this isn’t true, since I neither have the time nor inclination to get a camera frequently cleaned. Maybe Canon has some new dust reduction technology? The upgrades look...
  2. M

Canon RF 24-70 f/2.8 Axial Chromatic Aberration

Thanks, I'm glad the 70-200 is not a dust-puffer. Which lens would you suggest of the trinity? I'm sceptical of the 70-200 until the front focussing issue has been resolved by Canon, either by a firmware update or a recall.
  3. M

Canon RF 24-70 f/2.8 Axial Chromatic Aberration

Hi, I have an EOS R, RF 24-105 f/4L kit lens, 35mm f/1.4L II and EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro. I'm thinking of getting an RF 24-70 f/2.8L possibly for photographing weddings, but I saw the disco axial CA/spherical aberration on The Digital Picture's review...
  4. M

24-70 f/2.8 II quick question

Thanks, is your lens centred correctly? Some say the 24-70 II is subject to some copy variation including decentering. I've only seen this once on a 17-55 f/2.8.
  5. M

Thanks for the reply. I guess Photozone didn't correct the lateral CA so the photos were representative of the lens' performance.
  6. M

Hi, I would be grateful for any advice about lateral chromatic aberration correction with the Canon 24-70 f/2.8L II. DXO report that this lens has a comparatively high rating for CA of 15 µm (not entirely sure what this means, but it's higher than the f/4L version). Similarly, a sample shown...
  7. M

Canon 400mm or 100-400 for airshow?

Watching the crash happen through a telephoto lens was truly awful. In the first hour or so after the crash many adults were in tears and most were walking around in stunned silence. News broke that the pilot survived then stories followed about injuries on the A27. I couldn't believe that the...
  8. M

Thanks for the replies. I hired the 400mm for the Shoreham Airshow and, tragically, a Hawker Hunter crashed causing at least 11 deaths. I photographed the display and sent the photos to Sussex Police. My thoughts are with the families of the bereaved.
  9. M

Thanks, it's sad about the Vulcan and its fate is due to Airbus and Rolls Royce no longer wishing to make the parts. The zoom seems to allow more choices for framing as your great photo shows. Here's another shot of the Vulcan and a shot of the Tigers landing on Eastbourne beach.
  10. M

Thanks, there are parked aircraft and ground exhibits at the forthcoming Shoreham Airshow. The 400mm is slightly lighter and I wonder if it is noticeably sharper than the 100-400 zoom?
  11. M

Hi, I'm going to the Shoreham Airshow on Saturday and would be grateful for advice as to whether to hire a 400mm f/5.6L or 100-400mm. I hired a 400mm for the Eastbourne Airshow which worked well but there's no runway or opportunity to photograph parked aircraft like Shoreham. However, the...
  12. M

Canon 24-70 f/4L to 24-70 f/2.8L II

Hi Sabaki, 1. I'll put up with the weight for image quality, but reports from others in this thread suggests that in good lighting the differences between the f/2.8 II and f/4L are not great. 2. Occasionally I do videography, but IS provides other benefits such as improved framing. 3. I used to...
  13. M

Thanks for the reply. I'm surprised that the f/4L holds up against the f/2.8L II. The f/4L's bokeh is somewhat better than my 35mm f/2 IS. Do you find the f/4L's macro mode useful?
  14. M

Thanks, I did try a 24-70 II today and it's quite a chunky lens for taking on holiday. Did you get the f/4L?
  15. M

Hi, yes I'm referring to the focus shift at minimum focus distance at 70mm. This tends to occur when photographing flowers using the viewfinder between f/4-f/11.
  16. M

Hi, I wonder if anyone has replaced their 24-70 f/4L with a 24-70 f/2.8L II? If so, was it worthwhile taking into account the loss of the 0.7x macro mode and IS in exchange for a wider maximum aperture and (possibly) improved sharpness throughout the focal range? For general use, say...
  17. M

Canon 6D stuck pixels - Please Help

Hi, Please can anyone help? I've notices a cluster of 3x3 pixels located near the centre of the frame in jpegs taken with my new 6D. I've tried the manual sensor cleaning then turning the camera off trick but to no avail. The centre pixel is bright white surrounded by a square of pixels. While...
  18. M

6D sensor dust in one month?

Hi Marsu42, How old is your 6D? Did it have sensor dust courtesy of Canon? I wouldn't be surprised if the 6D is using 'hand me downs' from the 5D II. Martyn
  19. M

Thanks for the reply. Perhaps the 5D III is using a more sophisticated sensor cleaning unit or simply that the 6D inherited the 5D II's. I think I'm right to feel disappointed by the amount of dust and requirement to spend money on cleaning products. I particularly like macro photography and...
  20. M

Thanks for the link. Looks like I need to buy a lot of gear to clean the sensor. I'm not sure whether to get the camera professionally cleaned or buy the brush. Where did Visible Dust get the name 'Arctic Butterfly'?