Search results

1. T

canon 5ds at www.imaging-resource.com

The 5Ds/R's output look very very good. Can't afford more cameras and lenses though LOL.
  2. T

Canon EOS 70D Best Camera to Use to Shoot a Weasel on a Woodpecker

Woody doesn't seem too be happy about that. :D
  3. T

When did the cost of your accessories exceed the cost of your 1st SLR?

I once said after finally acquiring the 24-70II and the 16-35 f/4, "that's it - I'm done". Well, not so. My latest purchase was a Gary Fong Sphere collapsible version 5. Now I'm thinking about abandoning my purist self by buying a UV filter for the 24-70II. Oh, yeshhh. I'm going backwards by...
  4. T

EOS M or Sony a6000

You've got a nice long history of camera ownership - and I thought I was too crazy over cameras. Both, whenever possible! haha. Of course, good pictures. I'll choose the more capable camera - you know what it is ;)
  5. T

EOS M or Sony a6000

Thank you very much for the input, privatebydesign! I did have the EOS M before and it did produce better quality pictures on par with the last generation Rebels. With a vendor's offer of 500 bucks with 2 lenses and lots of extras made me rethink of going back to the M if it was worth it.
  6. T

EOS M or Sony a6000

I will "hate" you in a good way (LOL). If and when I'll pick up an a6000, it will be the first time (since getting my first Canon SLR exactly 30 years) ago that I'll be purchasing a non-Canon camera. (AV-1 -> EOS 300 -> S50 -> S3IS -> A750 -> 60D -> Elph 100 -> 7D -> 5D3 -> EOS M -> SX50HS) ;D
  7. T

EOS M or Sony a6000

Many thanks to your detailed response, Martti! Very useful information! I'm becoming more convinced it's better to get the a6000.
  8. T

EOS M or Sony a6000

Thanks, I totally forgot about lens adaptors - I 've always thought only about the E-mount lenses. In that case, it's not like am totally switching to a different system, albeit with the Canon lens the a6000's other autofocus features like eye detect won't work I heard. I got more questions...
  9. T

EOS M or Sony a6000

Thanks for the suggestion! I'd look around more - it's not that criticial I buy now :-)
  10. T

EOS M or Sony a6000

Thank you for your suggestion. I too am still kind of being drawn back to the M, in spite of it being almost 3 years old and superseded by some later models. I think its simplicity, being like a super-Powershot with a significantly larger sensor and being relatively cheap makes it worth mulling...
  11. T

EOS M or Sony a6000

I need your opinion between 2 cameras I am considering to buy: EOS M1 or the Sony a6000. I'm sure there are a lot yelling "no brainer - get the a6000!" but my circumstances are different. I used to have a white EOS-M with 18-55 and the 90EX flash during a flash sale, but my beloved cousin...
  12. T

An EF-M f/1.2 Lens?

Nice camera, but some North American customers will have to pay all the duties, shipping etc. if we want one. I feel left out of this one.
  13. T

Official: Canon EOS M3 and It's Not Coming To North America

What a disappointment. So maybe the 750D and 760D won't be available to North America as well, as there is no mention of the T6i to date. LOL Okay then I might just look at the a6000 for my compact mirrorless needs. I just don't like the 16-50 PZ lens... Or just get the first M for cheap.
  14. T

Canon EOS 5DS & EOS 5DS R Press Release

Re: Canon EOS 5DS & EOS 5DS R Press Release I had a quick look at my Facebook feed before driving off to work, and there were pictures of the 5Ds and R. I think what I saw was the CR post but I wonder why it's not showing here in the website. The bodies are very identical to the 5DIII. All...
  15. T

Images for EOS Rebel 750D & EOS 760D Appear

Re: Images for EOS Rebel 750D & EOS 760D Appear In a day or two we'll know. Canon knows something after they had done their market research and decided to design and manufacture two Rebel bodies at the same time. I estimate the 760D body will fetch $900-1000 US and the 750D about $700-800...
  16. T

New 50mm & 70-300mm Coming Soon? [CR2]

Re: New 50mm & 70-300mm Coming Soon? [CR2] The lens can't be over 30 years old - that makes the year at least it was made before 1984 during the era of FD lenses. EF was born 1987. I too was waiting/excited for the 50 IS for too long that I couldn't wait and got the 24-70 II. I'm sure the new...
  17. T

Which eye do you use?

Formerly left eyed, but one day I started using the right eyes for kicks, then it became my new habit.
  18. T

Big Announcements Coming Next Week [CR3]

Yep I had the M for a month and it fit my needs (did not like its color though, it was white). I gave it to my cousin because she liked it very much. It was the $299 kit with the flash and 16-55.
  19. T

Big Announcements Coming Next Week [CR3]

I'm very much interested for the next Rebel, and the M3. I need a smaller APS-C camera (Canon System) that's not too pricey but can produce better quality pictures than my SX50. If the Rebel and M3 are too expensive for its offered features, I can settle for the T5i, which will go down in...
  20. T

Help with upgrade from T3i?

a6000 is under serious consideration by yours truly. I'm looking for another camera to carry when I'm lazy to lug around a 5D3. a6000 sensor size/resolution, and body size are just a few factors I'm looking at, but the 16-50mm PZ lens is said to have mediocre performance. And that teeny weeny...