Search results

1. T

EOS M or Sony a6000

I need your opinion between 2 cameras I am considering to buy: EOS M1 or the Sony a6000. I'm sure there are a lot yelling "no brainer - get the a6000!" but my circumstances are different. I used to have a white EOS-M with 18-55 and the 90EX flash during a flash sale, but my beloved cousin...
  2. T

EF 16-35 f4L IS Owners - Did you buy slim filter UV/Protector for it?

Hi Everyone: I am 99% certain to add my final lens for the foreseeable future by tomorrow - the 16-35 f4L. For the fine folks here who already own that lens, have you purchased a UV or Protector filter (slim) to complete the front seal as recommended by Canon? If yes, did you get the either...
  3. T

Would electrical tape damage the red ring?

Hi Everyone: I'm sure many here could relate about carrying around expensive gear in a crowded third world city. I'd be covering up the markings on my camera and lens with electrical tape, particularly the red ring. I'd be also taping over grey duct tape on the electrical tape in patches. Has...
  4. T

24-70 f/2.8L II internal click noise (single click)

Hi everyone: I know the subject about the 24-70II's clicking noise has been extensively discussed in another thread, but in my case there is an audible single click that seems to be coming from inside the lens when I turn the zoom ring from wide to long and the zoom ring passes the 35-70mm...
  5. T

Canon Says No to Retro Design for Them

This will be an interesting read. So nothing like a Fuji X100 (or possibly Nikon Df) coming for retro fans. :) http://petapixel.com/2014/02/19/canon-admits-kept-distance-retro-design-movement/
  6. T

Post Processing Software for Video

Hi. I've been a stills photography guy for practically all my life and I'm interested on dipping my toes on videography (not serious, but enough to say I can do that, too, and produce some decent videos). Are there any good post processing software for videos that anyone can suggest...
  7. T

35mm f/2 IS USM AF noise

Hi All: For anyone here who also have a 35mm f/2 IS USM, how quiet or noisy is the focusing on your unit? I can hear some real audible internal sliding when focusing with AF, not like the quieter AF like the 100mm L Macro or the 24-105L. I can also hear some internal sliding with the 100mm L...
  8. T

Seeking advice for set of primes

Hi all: I need some info from the fine forum members here who have a collection of primes, and what set of focal lengths you have. There was a recommendation I heard that to be economical, if I had one focal length I should spread every lens out 2x. (e.g. 24 + 50+ 100 or 35 + 85 + 135). Does...
  9. T

EF 24-70mm II $1,999 at some vendors.

I haven't been monitoring the price for this lens since it was first released, but since I'm determined to buy one soon (brand new, planned for January), I just browsed on some of the local stores' websites here in Alberta and learned that most of them are listing the lens on sale for $1,999.99...
  10. T

Question for owners of EF 24-105mm who also acquired EF 24-70mm II

Hi there. I'm pretty sure there are people here who had a 24-105mm before and bought the 24-70mm II. I have some questions: 1) Does it make sense to own both lenses (in case it will be difficult to sell the 24-105mm). I also have the 100mm f2.8L Macro for little subjects. 2) If you sold the...