Search results

1. J

Get closer, with images larger than life, using the Canon RF 100mm f/2.8L IS USM Macro

I've gotta say... I'm a little disappointed in the new RF 100's IS capabilities at macro distances... At 3:04 on Canon's promo video it states "Approx. 2-Stops of stabilization at 1.0x magnification." That is just about what I get with my 10 year old EF 100 L IS... Maybe it's just the Laws of...
  2. J

More Canon RF 100mm f/2.8L IS USM Macro Information

When I read that I could could get 8-stops of IS with my R5, my pre-order-trigger-finger started to twitch. Then I remembered that with my EF 100, the shorter the subject distance from the camera, the lesser the Image Stabilizer effect will be... At close to 1:1 macro distances the IS is...
  3. J

Do you have an RRS L-bracket for the R5 or R6 pre-ordered?

If you pre-ordered a Really Right Stuff L-bracket for the new R5 (or R6) you may wanna confirm its status... I spoke with RRS Customer Service earlier today, and they confirmed that the 2-part "modular" design and the original "ultralight" versions of the L-bracket will not be produced. He said...
  4. J

Mounting & dismounting an EF-EOS R adapter... Should I worry...?

I'm not 100% sure what you're saying, but I just now double-checked and my autofocus remains enabled (after a lens-swap while the adapter stays on the camera) regardless whether the "Release shutter without lens" option is selected or not... Now I do religiously turn-off the camera while...
  5. J

Mounting & dismounting an EF-EOS R adapter... Should I worry...?

The instructions for the Canon Mount Adapter EF-EOS R specifically say to first attach the adapter to the EF-lens, and then attach the now adapted-lens-combo to the camera. The instructions further say that to remove it, you follow the same procedure in reverse. Okay... But what kind'a horrible...
  6. J

Just got my R6 today, An this dark ring popped up?

As suspected (& hoped) a quick firmware update fixed all issues with the Sigma Art 35. I couldn't be more pleased with how my stable of "old" EF lenses perform on the new R5! Though the Sigma Art's may not be much faster to lock-on focus, the improvement in focus-accuracy is a joy to see & use!
  7. J

I use Lightroom, but the Art 35's under-exposure is easily evident in the R5's display & EVF; even easily seen on the camera's histogram! I got this Art 35 very soon after they were first released, so I'm quite sure that it contains the initial firmware version; and I'm hopeful that a FW update...
  8. J

Disabling "Perperal illum corr" (under "Lens aberration correction") eliminated the dark-rings in my Art 35 until I get around to updating the firmware... Question though, and it may well also be related to our "old" Art 35's needing a firmware upgrade, have you noticed that the exposure is off...
  9. J

Which adapter?

If you're willing to pay the "scalpers" their due, any of the adapters can be found on eBay... A couple of weeks ago I paid $165 for the basic-flavor of Canon EF to R adapter when I got tired of checking my order status at B&H 3-times-a-day... Paying a 65% premium to get-it-now may be a bit...
  10. J

R5/R6 Camera defect reports (no hype or wish lists please)

I've experienced inconsistent behavior of the "Switch to Custom shooting mode" customization function when I map it to the M-Fn button. This is likely just a simple firmware bug, but I've tried everything and I can't figure it out... Anyway, I have the M-Fn button customized to "Switch to...
  11. J

Fewer than 20 fps with Electronic Shutter?

Hey folks, I just graduated from a 5D4 up to the R5, so the silent high-speed Electronic Shutter is totally new to me... Is there any way to dial-back the blazingly fast 20 fps speed? It seems that no matter what Drive Mode I select (other than "Single Shot" of course) I'm still getting the...
  12. J

A new Canon Speedlite has appeared for certification

Auto-ETTL-settings that can be saved to manual-settings please... Oh, and backward compatibility with all my other RT speedlites!
  13. J

R5 USERS: UPDATE YOUR RF LENSES!!

I just now double-checked and my 50 Art is recognized as a non-IS 50mm lens -- with the expected options available in my R5's "IS (Image Stabilizer) mode" menu item (as is my entire stable of Sigma Art EF glass)... So I think that something's up with your 50 Art... Maybe you should try updating...
  14. J

EOS R5 and R6 Viewfinder blackout

I tried getting used to putting the display to sleep by pressing an assigned button (yes, the top light button seemed the best bet), but every time I had to press the button, I was reminded how much I missed the display going to sleep automatically -- like on the 5D4 (with the appropriate INFO...
  15. J

@ Pug, PLEASE tell me how you managed to set the M-Fn button to toggle the display screen on & off. I can't see a way to do customize the M-Fn button except the choose the selectable features that are visible...
  16. J

"flipping the screen around" to turn it off reminds me of the time my 4-year-old declared "If you can't see me, I'm not being bad!" If the answer is somewhere in the current menu-system, it's buried deep 'cause I searched for a long time last night... If anyone has a solution PLEASE chime on...
  17. J

I'm utterly perplexed also... I really want the R5's display to behave more like my 5D4 & not be on LiveView all the time... Maybe Canon will help us out with some INFO-Button Display Options (like in the 5D4) or some-such-thing in a future firmware update.Until then I guess it's EcoMode for me...
  18. J

Adobe has released DNG Converter 12.4 Beta, adds EOS R5 and EOS R6 support

What's your guess on how long 'til we see Lightroom Classic support of native R5 & R6 CR3's?
  19. J

Adobe has released DNG Converter 12.4 Beta, adds EOS R5 and EOS R6 support

The Mac OS (v.10.13-10.15) version of Adobe DNG Converter 12.4 Beta can be found here: https://supportdownloads.adobe.com/detail.jsp?ftpID=6969
  20. J

Adobe Releases Lightroom 6.2 & CC 2015.2

Re: Adobe Releases Lightroom 6.2 & CC 2015.2 Today's update to Lr 6.2.1 seems to have solved the (extreme) problems I was having with (6.2's) stability & performance. Even the new import panel doesn't seem that bad...