Search results

1. J

Do you have an RRS L-bracket for the R5 or R6 pre-ordered?

If you pre-ordered a Really Right Stuff L-bracket for the new R5 (or R6) you may wanna confirm its status... I spoke with RRS Customer Service earlier today, and they confirmed that the 2-part "modular" design and the original "ultralight" versions of the L-bracket will not be produced. He said...
  2. J

Mounting & dismounting an EF-EOS R adapter... Should I worry...?

The instructions for the Canon Mount Adapter EF-EOS R specifically say to first attach the adapter to the EF-lens, and then attach the now adapted-lens-combo to the camera. The instructions further say that to remove it, you follow the same procedure in reverse. Okay... But what kind'a horrible...
  3. J

Fewer than 20 fps with Electronic Shutter?

Hey folks, I just graduated from a 5D4 up to the R5, so the silent high-speed Electronic Shutter is totally new to me... Is there any way to dial-back the blazingly fast 20 fps speed? It seems that no matter what Drive Mode I select (other than "Single Shot" of course) I'm still getting the...
  4. J

What can I expect from CPS's standard "Canon Maintenance Service"

Hey Folks, I recently became a Gold-Level member of "Canon Professional Services." Included with the membership is "Canon Maintenance Service (CMS)" for 5-pieces of DSLR cameras & EF Lenses. With springtime (hopefully) right around the corner, I was wondering if anybody knew exactly what...
  5. J

Anybody use an LED field monitor for stills, or do you just wallow in the dirt?

Do any of you guys use one of the small LED field monitors (typically used for video) as a compositional &/or focusing aid for still shots? I'm particularly interested in using one for extremely low-angle (close to the ground) shots while using my tilt-shift lenses as described in this article...
  6. J

Image Stabilization during back-button-focus

While reading CR's new review of the Sigma 24-105mm lens, I saw something that gave me pause... In the Sigma 24-105, their version of Image Stabilization (OS): That got me thinking of how Canon's way of activating IS (only when focusing & tracking) affects me while I'm using...