Search results

1. R

Ice Hockey - share your best shots

A long time since posting in this thread! At the weekend I got to introduce an in-goal camera at the AWIHL finals series - the first time one of these housings has been used in Australia (seen in the bottom of the net of the last image) In the hockey netcam housing was a 1Dx MkIII with a EF...
  2. R

The Canon EOS R1 will come well before the EOS R5 Mark II [CR3]

oh come on - it was fine...so long as you didn't live near anywhere that had moose :D
  3. R

What’s going on with Canon Speedlites?

The real reason for the adaptor is to ensure weather sealing for the digital interface. I found it made no difference connecting a Canon or Yongnuo 600ex directly or via the adaptor when I tested it - the Canon worked perfectly but the Yongnuo was still erratic.
  4. R

What’s going on with Canon Speedlites?

My Yongnuos didn't ETTL at all well with my R3s (unpredictable over/underexposure every time), so I ordered 2 x EL-1s. After waiting 3 months, with still no definitive delivery date, and needing them for an upcoming shoot, I picked up 2 EL-5s and don't regret it at all. They are easy to...
  5. R

Military Aircraft: airshows, operational, whatever, lets see what you have!

A couple of the RAAF Superhornet performing late in the day at Avalon in March
  6. R

B+W's 'new' filter mounts and packaging

My 200-400 came with the gel holder but I understand that Canon switched to providing screw-in holders from the MkIII versions. My 400 2.8 and my friends RF 400 and 600 came with screw-ins.
  7. R

An RF Zoom fisheye is coming [CR2]

Mostly ice hockey.
  8. R

An RF Zoom fisheye is coming [CR2]

Absolutely - still using my 8-15 for sports regularly.
  9. R

It’s here, Canon RF 100-300mm f/2.8L IS USM officially announced

The Canon store in South Melbourne have a production unit in store until the end of next week. It feels nicely balanced on the R3 and focus acquisition is very fast. Like the 70-200, the zoom throw is a bit long to go through the whole range without adjusting your grip though.
  10. R

Your favourite motorsports events

Sorry, I missed that bit about the drop in filter - there is a Canon drop in screw filter holder I bought for the 200-400 years ago. It takes a 52 mm filter which makes it pretty cheap but you have to be careful with the band width of the filter or it won't fit. The Canon protect filter that...
  11. R

Some from Historic Winton 2022 back in May Morris Cooper S PRAD 3 Zephyr powerered AUSCA Shifting gears during the Harley Vs Indian Handshift Challenge
  12. R

Problems with flash unit on R5

It is something I have noticed recently with the R3 using the same type of Yongnuo. I had no issues at an event in September using 2 bodies with a flash on each but last weekend I had 2 events and they weren't playing nicely at all - under exposing when zoomed in and over exposing when zoomed...
  13. R

A 52 mm drop-in 3-stop ND, I've not seen a variable one. At the Island, I'm generally shooting at between 25 - 80m. The rider in the background of the Munoz shot is about 150m away
  14. R

Thank you. The ND served a double purpose - it got me under 1/125th sec on a really bright sunny day here and it also keeps the aperture out of dust spot range. The dust spots are not so much of a problem with the R3 but it was with the 1Dx2 and 3. Using the ND is not a problem as I don't...
  15. R

Rins in the middle of Siberia Sergio Garcia on the Moto3 GASGAS at turn 11 David Munoz on the Moto3 BOE Motorsports KTM leading Elia Bartolini QJMotor Avintia Racing Team KTM into turn 11
  16. R

It's funny, I had a mate send me a message that a UK tog was recommending using people detection for the R3 when shooting motogp. I immediately replied BS as I had just finished testing it by accident. I hadn't switched off people detection on my alternate (*) settings and it was hunting for a...
  17. R

Thanks very much Click!
  18. R

Thanks very much. I still have a lot of misses too. I was using the EF MkIII with 1.4 and 3 stop ND. The race was amazing - had Bagnaia held Rins through Southern Loop, I doubt he would have been beaten. Rins was really good heading in to Southern Loop but Bagnaia could hold him out of...
  19. R

It was nice to have MotorGP back in town at the weekend. Race winner Alex Rins in Friday's FP2.
  20. R

It's been a bit wet down here lately...