Search results

1. TrabimanUK

Canon 7DII - Did you preorder?

Can't preorder yet as it's not available on any sites in the UK (no, not even Amazon). So much for being 6-8 hours ahead of America. Looks like you're days ahead in terms of Canon's priorities :(
  2. TrabimanUK

Canon EOS 7D Mark II Specifications Confirmed

Wow! You got a good price! Fair enough. If it is circa £1500, it might just sway me into getting one sooner.
  3. TrabimanUK

I doubt it - it was around, if not more than that for the original and that was 5 years ago. I'd expect it closer in price to the 5DIII, circa £2000, which would go with th current pricing structure of take the US$ price, swap the currency symbol and add at least 20% >:(
  4. TrabimanUK

Hang on, just re-read the specs and "RGB + IR Photometry Sensor". Interesting. Shooting sports or wildlife action in IR? Fast-action astronomy shots? At the touch of a button (or menu setting)? mmmmmm
  5. TrabimanUK

Not too fussed about only 20.2 MP, provided that it is a bloody mind blowing 20.2 MP. The 1DX is "only" 18.1MP (ok, full frame is different), but hopefully Canon have squeezed some greatness out of the 70D sensor for the 7DII. Intriguing about the ISO 16000. Odd, but intriguing - done only...
  6. TrabimanUK

Lens price drops around the world

The 400 f4 DO dropped about £1000 this week, but probably because it is up for replacement and the 200-400L dropped about £1500 this month to a mere £8750 probably becuase it's horrifically expensive and not many people are buying them. I'm not expecting a price drop over here in the UK, as...
  7. TrabimanUK

How can I tell if my microphone is working?

Hi guys, I've been asked to video a friend's wedding in a few weeks, so I have purchased a cheap stereo mic from Ebay. It's a SG-108. I think it doesn't work, as the on switch is a bit iffy, but how can I tell on a 5d iii if the mic is working and the sound isn't coming from the in-camera mic...
  8. TrabimanUK

Are you planning to purchase a 7D2

I won't be buying one for a while, as I don't need a camera with that good a spec at the moment. I did need one for a safari, but it's not available for that, so it'll be a couple of years before I seriuosly look to get one. I was rather hoping for 24MP and better low-light ISO performance, not...
  9. TrabimanUK

Canon's $40 Super-Macro Lens

Which version of this lens did you use, as all are pretty cheap? Thank you :)
  10. TrabimanUK

A Bit of EOS 7D Replacement Info [CR2]

But they don't sell every pile of junkin every country, because they can't. that's the excuse. The GPS / wi-fi enabled ones are sold in countries that permit that (e.g. UK, Europe, USA), and not in those that don't (e.g. Saudi Arabia). That's why for DSLRs there is an "N" version of the 70D...
  11. TrabimanUK

Is this a joke?

I saw this a few months ago. It's bogus (ish) - I think someone just put a placeholder in for it, as the release date is last year and soooo much of the spec is missing.
  12. TrabimanUK

Lens setup for wedding photography

+1 - flash will be useful in the evening or to fill if there are lots of shadows on a sunny day. Have fun!
  13. TrabimanUK

Canon EF 50 f/1.2L Goes Missing at Canon Germany

It's still on the UK site... http://www.canon.co.uk/For_Home/Product_Finder/Cameras/EF_Lenses/Standard_and_Medium_Telephoto/EF_50mm_f1.2L_USM/ probably just a glitch on the German site
  14. TrabimanUK

Canon to Make a Big Splash at Photokina? [CR2]

But how big? Will I need my 10-22 to take a phot of it or will my 24-70 suffice? ;)
  15. TrabimanUK

Carry on restrictions on South African Airways

I'm flying SA in September and yes, 8Kg is a bit on the light side. My plan is: - Use my wife's handbag for some bits and a small lens (women get a handbag as well as hand luggage). - Use the pockets in my combat trousers for some other bits and a small lens (just zip the legs off and put...
  16. TrabimanUK

What do you Cheap Out on?

Batteries, battery grips and remotes. So far no problems! :)
  17. TrabimanUK

7D now marked as DISCONTINUED at Amazon

Still on Amazon.co.uk. Still at £899. No sign of price cuts over here, and guessing a definite $ for £ pricetag for the 7DII >:(
  18. TrabimanUK

7D II specs appear at Snapsort

DPAF? that's soooo 2013 ;)
  19. TrabimanUK

Patent: 45x Zoom for Waterproof Camera

Great. Another naff enhancement to a naff camera. The Nikon and Olympus kick the @r5e out of the D30 on image quality and fps and have closer to f2.0 lenses (Olympus TG-2 / TG-3 are f2.0), so they doesn't need to go up the ISO ladder to take the same shots that the Canon does. I'm buying an...
  20. TrabimanUK

Help: lightning photography?

Hi guys, We had a great storm last night with loads of lightning. I tried to take some shots but nothing came out. I have a 7d and a 5diii at my disposal along with a canon 24-70, 70-200 is I and a tammy 150-600. I was using the 7d and 24-70 last night. Could anyone please let me know what...