Search results

1. C

Industry News: Nikon officially announces their flagship D6 DSLR

Jared Polin's take on the D6 is amusing!
  2. C

When I go on safari, what’s in my camera bag?

Yep, the new iPhone X proved useful. Only got it a few days before the trip but this was a panorama from high up viewpoint not far from Lower Sabie. Who viewed large, it gives an idea of the vastness of the Kruger.
  3. C

When I go on safari, what’s in my camera bag?

I have been on many African safaris over the last 15 or so years. Took the 7D2 just after it came out and was really impressed but for low light, a full frame body comes into it's own. This was earlier this year in the Kruger. 32,000 ISO with a 5DIV and Tamron 150-600 G2
  4. C

Nikon Confirms New Mirrorless System Coming in Early 2019, What About Canon?

My experience exactly when I tried the A9 last summer. Park Cameras recent blog about the A7II agreed. Great feature set blah blah etc but totally imbalanced when using long lenses. I try to like them but so far, without success.
  5. C

DxO Labs in receivership?

I expect Nikon will rescue them..........
  6. C

Sony users need to upgrade to a7iv, a9ii, and a7Riv

Sony days are clearly shorter than Canon days :)
  7. C

Your best animal shots!

Thanks for the kind words click!
  8. C

Your best animal shots!

Leopard in a tree....Klaserie Reserve, SA 32,000 ISO !
  9. C

Anything shot with a 5D4

Taken for a ride. Sunset Pan, Kruger Park SA
  10. C

Canon uk price increase

That's what I expected but I emailed Clifton Cameras about the crazy 1DXII price rise (see my thread on that from last week) and they never replied. I guess they too are embarrassed .....
  11. C

Canon uk price increase

I always used to recommend them but last year it took them a week to reply to an email and in January I called them as I wanted a 5DIV in a big hurry. No answer so I left a message on their answerphone asking them to call me back (it was within their opening hours) Still waiting, :(
  12. C

RIP Chuck Westfall

Sad news indeed. I enjoyed his videos and he seemed like a lovely guy RIP
  13. C

1DX II price rise!

I did check with other main UK retailers, all at the new rip off price now. How to kill a market overnight. It was bad enough at £4799. Luckily I got mine for 4599 from an authorised Canon dealer. I was tempted by the p/ex offer until I saw the new joke price.
  14. C

1DX II price rise!

You are very lucky then. Don't know when it came in but I am guessing last week.
  15. C

1DX II price rise!

This morning, I got an email from Clifton Cameras advising £430 bonus trade in with any working DSLR against a new 1DX II Had a look at their site and see it's price has risen from £4799 to £5429!!! No wonder there is a trade in offer! Did I miss an announcement?
  16. C

BIRD IN FLIGHT ONLY -- share your BIF photos here

Brown snake eagle in Kruger National Park, Jan 2018. 5DIV and Tamron 150-600G2
  17. C

Here's the Canon EOS 4000D, A New Entry Level DSLR

It will also probably sell well in airport duty free shops. People with time on their hands, money to burn and all the gear, no idea wander around Dixons at Heathrow all the time. They will see the signs....new from Canon! Just what you need for that holiday of a life time.....
  18. C

Any oil spatter on the 1DX mkll?

This discussion has certainly got my interest. 2 x 1DX before and DX2 now. Never seen a single splatter issue but will be looking for it in the future. I always attributed those to the other persuasion, D600 etc If only the 5DIV had 10 fps I would be down that route in a flash.
  19. C

Any oil spatter on the 1DX mkll?

Agree 100% Never owned any 5 series but I borrowed one for a day at a CPS event and loved it. Long term 1 series user but if 5 series was the only option, i would have no complaints. Apart from the frame rate.....