Search results

1. J

Kase Wolverine Magnetic Filter System Review...

After researching for quite a bit, I finally bit the bullet and purchased the Kase Wolverine Magnetic System. I initially ordered the 82mm set (Adapter, CPL, 0.9 GND, 3.0 ND) to accommodate my RF 15-35mm and EF 24-70mm lenses which both have 82mm filter threads. ($381 at B&H - no tax with B&H...
  2. J

Magnetic Filter Recommendations?

Magnetic… sorry auto correct got me all three times. I’ve corrected the post.
  3. J

Magnetic Filter Recommendations?

Anyone have any experience using magnetic filter systems (Freewell, Kase, others?!) I have been using screw in filters (most B&W) for a while now with good results. Although I am too lazy to transition over to the plate (Lee or similar) systems, I find the magnetic systems intriguing. Any...
  4. J

Gitzo Mini Traveler Tripod Arca Clamp

Just wanted to post on my experience replacing the clamp on the Gitzo Mini Traveler Tabletop Tripod. I loved the tripod, but would have loved for it to include a compact arca swiss clamp. I researched and saw that it was possible to swap out the current fixed clamp for a compact arca one. I...
  5. J

Canon Loan Evaluation Return Stolen/Missing during FedEx Shipment!!

Best of luck to you.... I was very disheartened when the claims department denied me twice (once on the lower level and then again when I appealed it) despite having clear evidence that my package mysteriously "lost weight"... It wasn't until I emailed all of the corporate contacts I could...
  6. J

Gitzo Legende Tripod GK1545T-RTI Review -Indiegogo

You are very welcome… before I purchase most things, like many others, I scour the internet for reviews and photos… so I try to contribute when I can.
  7. J

Gitzo Legende Tripod GK1545T-RTI Review -Indiegogo

I received my Gitzo GK1545T-RTI Legende Tripod earlier today and wanted to post a quick review, both on the tripod and the crowdfunding experience. I hope this will help others in making future decisions involving Gitzo and/or Indiegogo.... Like many others, when I first heard about this...
  8. J

Canon officially announces the RF 14-35mm f/4L IS USM

I'm not sure....used EF prices may drop a little, but I think a lot of people will be sticking with their EF versions. The RF 24-70 has been out for a little while, yet the used prices for the highly coveted 24-70 ii haven't decreased much on the used market. The new RF is $2300, maybe $2100...
  9. J

Canon officially announces the RF 14-35mm f/4L IS USM

I feel everyone else's disappointment. I was very excited to replace my current 16-35mm f/4 lens, which I love, with new RF glass gaining 2mm on the wide end. This would have been my first RF lens upgrade. I was hoping for about a 23% price increase, similar to what they did with the 70-200...
  10. J

Canon RF 14-35mm f/4L IS USM to be one of the next lenses announced

Really excited about lens… my 16-35mm f4 is on my camera most of the when walking around the city. I use it for most of my landscape shots… and RF version with 14mm on the wide end within a reasonable price range ($1200ish) would be awesome! Though the $2200 15-35 2.8 is highly regarded… it...
  11. J

3 Legged Thing (3LT) Tripod Ballhead

Thanks! I actually work only a few blocks from BH so I plan on going in sometime this week to next and trying my R5 on there.
  12. J

3 Legged Thing (3LT) Tripod Ballhead

I wanted to know if anyone has experience using a 3LT Ballheads. I have a Gitzo 1545T that I am happy with for my landscape photography adventures, but I haven't been able to find a ballhead I love yet. I've used a Sunway Foto 28/36, Photoclam 30, Gitzo GH1382QD, Markins Q3i and finally the...
  13. J

Gitzo on Indiegogo - Will you be getting one?

Yes as I understand it...you are funding (or help funding) the company's project by essentially donating to it. A company can offer a perk to certain levels of contributors (i.e. a donation of $519 will be rewarded with a tripod) but it isn't a guarantee. Many things can go wrong during that...
  14. J

Gitzo on Indiegogo - Will you be getting one?

The Gitzo Legende Tripod/Backpack is live in Indiegogo. Tripod/Backpack/Mini Tripod is $699 ($1227 MSRP), Tripod is $519 ($799 MSRP), Backpack is $179 ($229 MSRP) and Tripod/Backpack combo is $679 ($1028 MSRP). https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/gitzo-legende-camera-backpack-and-tripod#/...
  15. J

Rumors are slow, let’s talk RF lens wish lists

15-35mm f/4 seems like a good and realistic "want". The EF version performed very well at a fraction of the cost of 2.8 version. Priced at around $1200-$1400 MSRP, it would do well.
  16. J

Last chance for Canon Rumors PRO lifetime memberships

100% agree with the comments above. I have been visiting this site for years. A reputable source the the latest Canon news.
  17. J

Share R5 delivery experience

I pre-ordered just before 11 AM on launch day from B&H. Status still says backordered. I saw on FM that someone who ordered at 8:47 AM that day contacted customer service and were told that their order will not be in the first batch that is shipped. So presumably, anyone who ordered after that...
  18. J

5D Mark IV or not

With the introduction of the R5, I expect to see more and more used 5DIV bodies on the used market if you are okay with buying used. Right now, I see them (in good condition) going for about $1600 but may drop in the 1400-1500 range over the next few months as the R5 begins shipping.
  19. J

I ordered mine just before 11 am EST... no charges or changes on the order yet...
  20. J

For those whose BH order status has changed and payment charges, what time did you order on July 9th?