Search results

1. Hjalmarg1

Will Tamron and Sigma start producing lenses for Canon RF mount?

I wonder when Sigma and Tamron will start producing lenses for Canon RF mount, as both are producing excellent lenses for Sony E-mount that are sometimes even better than Sony equivalents. Any thoughts?
  2. Hjalmarg1

A little bit more about the upcoming Canon EOS R6 [CR2]

Dual card slots in one of the compromises I am not going to afford. If released with a single card slot I am out
  3. Hjalmarg1

There are delays in production for both the Canon EOS R5 and Canon EOS R6

I am in as well. Additionally, it would be healthy to wait for some reviews
  4. Hjalmarg1

Anyone using the new X100V, especially as a travel body?

The color profiles on the Fujifilm X100 series are similar or better in some cases than the Canon profiles. These cameras are very good for travelling if you stick to 35mm equiv. focal length. AF is good and the skin tone rendering of Fuji is second to none. I used and sold it to buy an X-T3...
  5. Hjalmarg1

There are delays in production for both the Canon EOS R5 and Canon EOS R6

Honestly, I would like to get price and actual reviews as soon as possible. I have been waiting for a serious Canon mirrorless camera and preventing the temptation to buy Sony cameras to couple with my Canon glass, since I knew that the initial EOS R/RP would be only an initial attempt by Canon...
  6. Hjalmarg1

Sell Gear?

This is an opinion-free forum so, I can express my opinion at my discretion unless I disrespect or offend anyone here I think...and yes, I have taken and continue to take good images that can be taken event with a P&S little camera with proper technique. Talking about sales in 2018. So, yeah...
  7. Hjalmarg1

Rest well Canon EOS 7D series [CR2]

Will the Canon's APS-C mirrorless version will be another R-type format or a revamped EOS-M? Canon 7D series was one of the best-selling cameras.
  8. Hjalmarg1

Sell Gear?

Usually sell/buy my camera gear on eBay, I have accepted the risks and so far not bad at all. Currently planning to sell most of my Canon DSRL camera gear, as the used cost is EF format is plummeting very quickly. I have been using Canon cameras for the last 15 years and I never felt so...
  9. Hjalmarg1

Canon officially announces the development of 6 new RF mount lenses

Expecting to see a real review that evaluate the AF and Eye-AF
  10. Hjalmarg1

Canon 16-35 F4, how do you like it?

EF 16-35 f/4L IS is a terrific lens in all aspects, sharp corner-to-corner, lightweight, IS and weather sealed. I used it every time I have the opportunity to do so. If you don't need wider FL or faster aperture i.e. f/2.8 this is it. My only regret is that I paid much more of what is being sold...
  11. Hjalmarg1

Lightroom 6 is the last perpetual offering of Lightroom

Besides LR&PS, which other non_Adobe processor may be the best for managing Canon RAW files? I like the flexibility of stand alone licenses. Any advise?
  12. Hjalmarg1

5d3 Vs 5d4

I will clear your concern about low light and high ISO with the X-T2. X-T2 AF performs admirably and output noise of my 5D3 and X-T2 at ISO 3,200-6,400 is essentially the same. On the other hand, once you get the X-T2 you'll be tempted to purchase more lenses that you may expect. I started with...
  13. Hjalmarg1

What is your Canon wish list ?

1. EF 85mm f/1.4L IS 2. EF 50mm f/1.4L IS 3. EF 300mm f/4 DO IS 4. Canon 7D Mark III with improved DR, ISO performance, fps, touchscreen and wifi connectivity
  14. Hjalmarg1

Which gear for a 15 years birthday party?

Many thanks to you all! I will take the 24-70mm lens as my primary lens with the 5D3, along with the 70-200mm lens and the 50mm lens. I have about 20 AA Eneloop batteries for speelites and as modifiers I will take the flashbender.
  15. Hjalmarg1

Which gear for a 15 years birthday party?

I just want to get some help from you guys on what lenses and accessories may I need for the celebration of a 15 years birthday party. Photography is a hobbie but a friend that is budget restrained needs my help. I already explained to him I am not a pro. I currently own a 5D Mark 3 with 3 zooms...
  16. Hjalmarg1

Canon EF 85mm f/1.4L IS USM on the Way [CR3]

Nikon and Sony rivals are around USD 1600-1800 so, Canon will never be cheaper :-\ :'(
  17. Hjalmarg1

Canon EF 85mm f/1.4L IS USM on the Way [CR3]

Count me in! But I hope that it's not heavier than the current 85L, and priced around the Nikon/Sony rivals, filter isn't larger than 77mm 6mm filter and with reproduction ratio of 1:8 or better. Then, my 100L will be for sale.
  18. Hjalmarg1

Arca-style quick release system for Manfrotto ballhead

I replaced the clamp with a Desmond DBA-2 60mm Arca & Manfrotto Compatible Clamp and it works wonderful. But the design and plate of my ballhead is totally different, just check for compatibility before you buy anything...
  19. Hjalmarg1

Canon 100 2.8 IS Macro L or Tamron 85 1.8?

If you don't care about macro, simply do not consider it. However, I have owned the 100L and it is my favorite lens for portrait, despite having the 70-200/2.8L II, and that is the reason I haven't got another dedicated prime for portraiture.
  20. Hjalmarg1

Review - Canon EF 16-35mm f/2.8L III Lens by TDP

It may be sharper but only by small margin. It will find some shooters that require speed in low light conditions but for most photographers and videographers using wide angle lenses, the 16-35mm f/4L IS is more than adequate.