Search results

1. Hjalmarg1

Will Tamron and Sigma start producing lenses for Canon RF mount?

I wonder when Sigma and Tamron will start producing lenses for Canon RF mount, as both are producing excellent lenses for Sony E-mount that are sometimes even better than Sony equivalents. Any thoughts?
  2. Hjalmarg1

Which gear for a 15 years birthday party?

I just want to get some help from you guys on what lenses and accessories may I need for the celebration of a 15 years birthday party. Photography is a hobbie but a friend that is budget restrained needs my help. I already explained to him I am not a pro. I currently own a 5D Mark 3 with 3 zooms...
  3. Hjalmarg1

Canon Extender EF 1.4X III Vs. Mark II coupled with 70-200/2.8L IS II

Hi, Have any of you folks used both versions of teleconverter? Have you coupled it with the latest 70-200mm 2.8L IS II? Is there any significant improvement in IQ and AF if I get the Mark III? BTW, my camera body is the 5D Mark III. Thanks,
  4. Hjalmarg1

Pre-orders for Nikkor 24-70mm F2.8 VR, 24mm F1.8 and 200-500 F5.6 FX lenses

Nikon already confrimed the rumors and announced the Nikkor 24-70mm F2.8 VR, 24mm F1.8 and 200-500 F5.6 FX lenses and B&H and other major reatilers are now taking pre-orders. The Nikkor 24-70mm F2.8 VR will cost $2,396.95, about $500 more than the current lens and will provide 4-stops image...
  5. Hjalmarg1

HELP Image resolution on LR6 for good quality 8"x10" pictures

Hi, to all who live from taking pictures to wedding and First Communion events and later printing, I would like to ask you what resolution parameters you use to get high-quality printing? A friend of mine suggested 4,500x3,600 pixels (vertical x horizontal) and 240 dpi. Could I use these...
  6. Hjalmarg1

Budget photo: Canon 100-400mm (I) Vs Tamron 150-600mm

Hi Folks, I want to buy a zoom telephoto lens and a friend is going to buy the new Canon 100-400mm and his version I is for sale. He's giving me a good price but I was also considering the Tamron 150-600mm? Anybody has own both so can give unbiased advise? Thanks and regards,
  7. Hjalmarg1

Why my camera always sticks to ISO 400 when using external flash in AUTO ISO?

I don't normally use speedlites because I do a lot of school sports and landscape but recently I was shooting family pictures at a family ceremony and I left the ISO in AUTO and later realized that the camera always set the ISO to 400 regardless I was indoor or outdoor or at any different level...
  8. Hjalmarg1

Bag advice: Lowepro ProMessenger 180 AW Vs Think Tank Retrospective 20

I want a messenger where I can fit my 5D3+Grip, Canon 70-200/2.8 attached and hood inverted, 24-70/2.8 II hood inverted and 580 EX II in main compartment. I have tried other bags but putting this gear inside are pretty tight and don't allow me to carry the lens hoods. Now, I am choosing from...
  9. Hjalmarg1

Lenstip finished their review of the Sigma 24mm f1.4 Art

Their comments favour a little over the Canon and Nikkor counterparts, except for coma. But Sigma's lens is about a half price. Enjoy the reading. http://www.lenstip.com/2122-news-Sigma_A_24_mm_f_1.4_DG_HSM_-_lens_review.html
  10. Hjalmarg1

Could you explain to me which 24-70mm lens has less distortion?

Can anyone with a good understanding of MTF charts and actual field experience share how the three 24-70mm lenses compares to each other in terms of distortion (especially at wide end)? I have been using the 24-70mm f2.8L I for more than 4 years but sometimes borders sharpness and distortion...
  11. Hjalmarg1

Anyone know if Canon EF lenses can be used (with adaptor) on Sony a6000?

I recently bought the Sony a6000 after waiting for a very competitive mirrorless camera. Sony has a good offer of lens but I would like to know if there is any way to use my EF lenses on the Sony a6000. If so, what adaptot can you recommend? Thanks
  12. Hjalmarg1

Canon 400mm f5.6 in combo with the 5D3

Hi all, Has anybody used the Canon 400mm f5.6 in combo with the 5D3? If so, how it the performance of this combo for sports? Thanks
  13. Hjalmarg1

Would you replace the old 24-70mm f2.8L by the Tamron 24-70mm f2.8 VC?

I came across with a good offer for the Tamron 24-70mm f2.8 VC and I am wondering if replacing my old 24-70 f2.8L is worth it. I know DxO has rated the Tamron just one point behind the new Canon 24-70mm f2.8L II but anyone have experienced the Tamron in real life situations. Is is that good?
  14. Hjalmarg1

Messenger Bag for my 5D3+24-70+70-200

Hi, I have been in the web to find a messenger type camera bag for travelling. I want the bag to be the slimmest possible, considering I will be carrying a 5D3 it will be difficult, with capacity for my 5D3+24-70+70-200 f2.8, well padded and that shouldn't look like 'this is a camera bag'. I...
  15. Hjalmarg1

Help: Canon 24mm f2.8 IS Vs. Canon 24mm f1.4L II for astrophotography

I am aware that these two lenses compete in different leagues in terms of build quality and IQ. I am planning to get into astrophotography and many folks have told me that my 24-70mm f2.8L (I) will not be good enough. There is a guy that is selling his 24mm f2.8 IS at a good price and the lens...
  16. Hjalmarg1

How excited are you about the new 7D II?

I certainly is an improvement from the old 7D, specially in AF terms and speed. Some more resolution has been put on the sensor, intervalometer and GPS have been added and few more features. Obviously the target are wildlife and sport photographers that want the extra reach of an APS-C camera...
  17. Hjalmarg1

How important is a Macro Ring Flash in macro photography?

I am about taking Macro Photography and I am thinking about purchasing a Macro Ring Flash. Does it make a great difference in my photography? If so, should I go to the new MR-14EX II? Thanks
  18. Hjalmarg1

Anything new on EOS-M3? How it may compare to A6000?

I haven't heard anything from the possible EOS-M3, Does anyone have information? How it will compare against the excellent Sony A6000?
  19. Hjalmarg1

Gripped 5D Mark III + 85mm f1.2L, any improvement in AF speed?

I have rented the 85mm f1.2L and its AF turns to be slooowwww, even on my 5D3. I have heard that its AF is a little faster on 1Dx due to higher voltage of the battery. Have any of you experience any improvement in the EF 85 f1.2L AF speed when adding battery grip? Thanks
  20. Hjalmarg1

DSRL Camera for travel

Hi all, I am planning to have holidays but I don't want to travel heavy with my 5D3 and the FF lenses. I want to buy a light body and I am between the SL1 and the T5i that could be also light for my kids to use. Obviusly I will have to buy one or two lenses compatible with the APS-C sensor but...