Search results

1. TheJock

5DIII body - focus problem after a drop!

Hi folks, I have identified that my 5D3 has a problem and I was wondering if anyone else has ever experienced something similar, and what kind of a repair bill will I be facing. My camera had my 600L and 1.4x attached when it fell over on my tripod (two legs extended), the hill side was shale...
  2. TheJock

600L IS USM details?

Hi everyone, I'm on the brink of buying this lens, but I wanted to know the overall dimensions of the flight case and total weight of the case with lens/hood/leather cap. I can't find it anywhere on line, other than 5.39kg's for the lens alone, can anyone help? Many thanks in advance.
  3. TheJock

16-35L II focus ring sticking?

Hi folks, My 16-35L II has a problem at the moment where the focus ring cannot be turned manually, either whilst in AF or MF mode (on the lens). The lens still focuses perfectly in AF drive mode, but it will not move to manually focus at all, has anyone ever experienced a fault like this? and...
  4. TheJock

Fazza Falconry Championships Dubai

I attended this incredible event this morning, these birds want for NOTHING, they're better treated than most humans, they actually fly them in 1st Class on Emirates Airline when they take them overseas to compete!! Prizes stand at around 5 million Dirhams and multiple luxury $x$ SUV's (Nissan...
  5. TheJock

Ideal homes exhibition

I visited the Canon stand and found this patent of a floor plan for the regular Canonian ;D
  6. TheJock

Skukuza Rest Camp in Kruger park

Hi everyone, I will be going on a 3 day safari based at the Skukuza Rest Camp in Kruger National Park in mid-September. It sits on the southern bank of the Sabie River (Crocodiles!!) and although I have my gear all planned out (see below), I just wanted to ask a couple of quick questions about...
  7. TheJock

AFMA frustrations

Hi folks, I’m seeking some guidance regarding the DoTune method for setting up my 1.4xIII +100-400L (mark1) on my 5DIII. I watched the video, downloaded an A3 size focus chart with lots of horizontal and vertical black lines, I set up my distance to the maximum I have available (about 21...
  8. TheJock

Global Big Day - 14th May

I thought this topic might interest CR members considering the most popular threads within this area are bird related. I’ve arranged the day off work and I’ll be heading out from sunrise to sunset to try and obtain the “magic 100 species” from 5 locations around Dubai, last year the UAE recorded...
  9. TheJock

2015 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix

What a weekend!!! I took me days to recover from the muscle fatigue, the 3 litre beer towers didn't help with that either ;D Anyhoo, here's a whole range of images from iconic people to the actual racing from a fantastic weekend, I hope you enjoy them.
  10. TheJock

Hahnel Captur remote system

Ha anyone tried these remotes out? The product as seen in the video on the page link below looks great, my local store has the full range so I'd be interested to hear anyone's views. Pricing is very reasonable too, about £100 for the module Pro and IR set + Captur transmitter & receiver set + 1...
  11. TheJock

Benro FH-100N filter holder + 82mm Slim Circ Pol

Hi folks, I picked up this filter system and slim Circ-Pol yesterday after careful consideration and I’m delighted with the quality and feel of it (however it hasn’t had an outing yet). I’ve been to and fro about my purchase as I was originally considering the LEE System, but after visiting...
  12. TheJock

Broken LCD on 5DIII

So my new pride and joy was damaged after only owning it for 2 months!! It’s gonna take 2 weeks to get the part, then 3 days to repair it, and it just cost me £50 for the privilege. The camera was parallel to my lap while I transferred images to my laptop, it rolled over unexpectedly and the top...
  13. TheJock

Nikon P900 zoom!!!!!!!!!

I saw this video on a Facebook page that I frequent, the zoom capabilities of point and shoot cameras is astounding!!! https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=860138974053199&id=100001713126945 :o
  14. TheJock

Cinema glasses as live view screen?

Hi Guys, I’m wondering if these glasses would work as an external screen (live view mode) so I can see what’s going on in the desert sun when shooting Motorsport events? I don’t see how they wouldn’t work as my 70D has an HDMI output, what’s the general consensus on this as a practical option...
  15. TheJock

Quiet rumour time - wish list?

As we enter in to the quieter rumour months (summer), what would be the number 1 item announcement that would get you excited like a kid in a sweet shop? For me, seeing Canon finally release the rumoured “supertele at an affordable price”, like a 500mm f5.6 IS at no more than $2,800 would be...
  16. TheJock

Sigma 150-600mm f5-6.3 DG OS HSM Sport

Does anyone know anything of this lens? I see that people are putting their Tamron orders on hold until this lens appears, have any CR members experienced it yet??
  17. TheJock

Fast firing units?

I am just looking through my images from the 24 hour event at the weekend and I'm wondering if there is a flash unit that can keep up with the frame rate of a 70D?? Is the Nissin MG8000 a good choice? reason I'm asking is if it can fire on, lets say half power on high speed burst then my...
  18. TheJock

Canberra in October

Hello wonderful CR members (can you tell already that I want something!!!). I’m going to be in Canberra in October and I really want to capture as many bird species as I possibly can, I singled out the Jerrabomberra wetlands as an interesting area, can anyone provide me with additional locations...
  19. TheJock

Sigma 10-20mm f4-5.6 EX DC HSM

I bought this lens yesterday but didn't make it out today as planned due to a sick dog, I wanted to start this thread off as I've not noticed one already, and to get some pics, comments and opinions from other owners. I tried the Canon 10-22, the Sigma 8-16 and the Tokina 11-16 in the shop and...
  20. TheJock

Flash help

I done a shoot at my local Go-Kart track two night’s back and found the failings of me and my Sigma flash unit, it (me?) blew some photos out and failed to fire on others, probably due to recycle time (7 sec’s), so I went to my local dealers to price what they had and I would like to pick...