Search results

1. GoldWing

Canon Patent Application: Grip based active cooling

Penguins. Penguins with little ice cubes that follow you around and hug your camera... Makes sense....
  2. GoldWing

Canon Patent Applications: Internal Camera ND filter

This would be huge, granted you have to have the light. Losing a full stop for a "quality" ND on the fly.... GOLD.
  3. GoldWing

Canon Patent Application: Grip based active cooling

For harsh environments with heavy moisture.... Whst are the ramifications?
  4. GoldWing

What do people want to see in the Canon EOS R1? PetaPixel gives their thoughts

The R1 should be just as apt in Sports, Fashion, Portrature and PJ environments. 60 to 80mp. Taking the best of the Fuji GFX100II, The Nikon Z9 and the IDXMKIII will be a formidable task. Color rendition, dynamic range, focus, tracking all with studio and field soundness. Focus is key to me...
  5. GoldWing

Opinion: The difficulty facing Canon (and everyone else)

Canon has a huge chance with a loyal base of 1DX, II & III users to make the R1 a cash cow. If Canon does not offer a clearly and vastly superior platform vs. the Z9 they will have failed.
  6. GoldWing

What do people want to see in the Canon EOS R1? PetaPixel gives their thoughts

They are not giving the agencies time to ramp up before the Olympics. If your current kits are 1DXMKII's and III's between the new bodies and glass, where is the time to get everyone to the point of muscle memory and work flow perfected?
  7. GoldWing

Let’s talk Canon EOS R1, the flagship of flagships?

I really think Canon is late to the party. A 45mp R1. Will it have a strap to use it as a door stop? It's hard to carry 3 Z9's and a bunch of glass witout the door open.
  8. GoldWing

It looks like Nikon is targeting the Canon EOS R5 with the upcoming Nikon Z 8

Nikon is really turning up the heat on Canon. I know it's a broken record but Nikon is going to let Canon put the R1 out and then push their own 85-100MP camera out to compete with the R1. Crazy race..... But a reliable source at a major retailer that supplies agencies has stated this twice.
  9. GoldWing

Sure... Let Nikon leak their Canon R1 killer just for you ;)
  10. GoldWing

Nikon has a 100MP that rivals the GFX 100s that shoots at 27fps. They are waiting for the R1 to be announced and then they will bring the camera to market.
  11. GoldWing

Canon is looking to partner with a smartphone manufacturer

My cell phone has better OOC color rendition and WP accuracy thank any of the 5 Canon bodies I own.
  12. GoldWing

We have tons of CF B cards in 1TB to 650GB - Please don't make us replace them. Yes we want two of the same media slots for too many reasons to post. 45MP is just under Nikon. Many were hoping the R1 would be just as useful in the studio for portraits and fashion as it is for sports. Don't...
  13. GoldWing

The Canon EOS R5 Mark II is closer to a reality than Canon’s claims

According to B&H. The R1 will be a big hit in 2025 for pro/consumers in "full" production numbers. 2024 will see "some" targeted distribution to professionals through CPS. Make nice with CPS ;)
  14. GoldWing

Canon RF 200-500mm f/4L IS USM confirmed, likely in Q4 [CR3]

Crazy... We've not bought any Canon glass since the 1DXMKIII. Until the R1 is out and we can test it with big whites, we're not opening our budget. Ready to buy 20 to 26 R1's and all their new glass kits... Nikon has a made a dent here with the Z9... But to be honest, we're less than...
  15. GoldWing

How long is Canon going to support your camera?

Where is the R1?
  16. GoldWing

Canon lays out their corporate strategy

What about the R1?
  17. GoldWing

The Canon EOS R1 may not come until 2024

The R1 will be just in time for the end of the world . ;)
  18. GoldWing

Preorder the new Canon Gear

I'd like to pre-order two R1's.