Search results

1. GoldWing

Pop Up Ads Make Canon Rumors Unusable

The pop up ads are so bad you can't use Canon Rumors anymore
  2. GoldWing

Canon R1 - Optimal Glass

At 85 to 100MP, I'm hoping Canon will have new optimal glass for those investing in the platform who will be adopting entire new kits on a timely basis. Having a focus system, color rendition, tracking and DR superior to anything Canon has produced before, we hope optimized glass will be a...
  3. GoldWing

R1 For 2024

I was at a professional sports event, in the press room and the discussion was TV lenses. When the Canon rep gave a date for the release of the lens he said it would be at the same time of a high-resolution R body. The lens is slated for 2024. This leads me to believe that the R1 is slated for...
  4. GoldWing

Canon R1 - At 80MP - Would You Buy It?

I'd like to ask a question, to a very specific group of photographers, I hope this does not offend anyone. To answer this question, you must be a professional Sports Photographer who has shot sports with a D6 or 1DX or 1DXII or III AND to supplement your income at times you shoot within other...
  5. GoldWing

1DXMKIII - Just OK

Four days with the camera and our firm is going to hold off on placing our staff with the new cameras. We are surprised with the noise and virtually no increase in picture/image quality. We have soft and oof shots that exceed what's acceptable, plus noise at 800 ISO we dont have on our MKII'S...
  6. GoldWing

Canon can you make a camera for photographers and not videographers?

How about a Camera for photographers and not videographers? How about 30MP's staying at 15fps RAW. No sport in the world requires more than 15fps if you know what you're shooting. Nor do BIF or Journalists. Who in this WORLD needs 20fps? If you NEED that buy a movie camera. FACT!!! We...
  7. GoldWing

IDXMKII - Please tell me I'm waiting for WOW!

IDXMKII - Please tell me I'm waiting for WOW! I'm debating on what to spend my budget on and I wish I at least had a hint.... It feels like I've been waiting for 100 years...
  8. GoldWing

1DXMKII - Soft Focus & Freezing

My magazine had me with the Los Angeles Angels for a team profile and only a few photographers were there from different press services to keep the shoot intimate. During a break two of us were using 1DXMKII's, One had a new D5 and the other a 645Z and we sat together while everyone changed...
  9. GoldWing

Canon EOS 1DX defective Mirror Boxes - Screen Splash - AF Lock-up

I work for a newspaper and we bought two Canon 1DX's to replace older equipment. Both IDX's were defective. We returned one and sent the other to Canon. This will be the third time we're sending the 1DX back to Canon for the same reasons. 1. The mirror / screen gets small black specs in it...